Winter's Feast Tree Test

Hello guys, i just wanted to test out the Winter's Feast Tree with the gifts from Charlie or Krampus? I made a 7x12 grid of trees and fully decorated them. I sleeped in the middle of it and it became fully dark for a moment and a ringing of a bell could be heard. Then the lights turned back on and tadaa. i got many presents. I got 77 presents of the 84 trees in total.The ones at the top didnt get covered because the lights there didnt turn off. I also thought if multiple people could sleep one after another or if the cooldown is server based. This needs more testing.

I mean, it is so much worth to make as much as possible. Because you get rare items and rare gems. All in all this made fun.

20171223214412_1.jpg

20171223214843_1.jpg

20171223214847_1.jpg

20171223214850_1.jpg

20171223220016_1.jpg

20171223220408_1.jpg

I did some testing myself too;

It doesn't have to be winter,

everone near the tree has to be asleep else the lights won't turn off,

and the cooldown is based on the tree, not the player.

I've concluded that with enough spider farms for cheap food ornaments, you can actually make an all year round gem/tam farm.

15 minutes ago, Fill-Lips said:

I did some testing myself too;

It doesn't have to be winter,

everone near the tree has to be asleep else the lights won't turn off,

and the cooldown is based on the tree, not the player.

I've concluded that with enough spider farms for cheap food ornaments, you can actually make an all year round gem/tam farm.

yes, you get all the items you need so much. it is practical one of the best farms you could make. i love it! Will farm more stuff to make more trees then i currently have in my world. this was just a test server. i dont have so many trees :D

Keeping Winter’s Feast on year-round would be pretty OP.

But players who are on the seasonal default AND who are trinket collectors should be aware that this is one of the few ways to complete your collection without having to hammer the Ancient Pseudoscience Station. To anyone who’s known the pain of digging up those last graves behind the Ancient Guardian and just getting red and blue gems: here’s your chance! I’m looking at you, @cptCalavera!

Honestly the whole mechanic is pretty wonky and inconsistent. I've tried so many different times but still can't pin down the right way to do it.

Multiple people on a server sleeping doesn't usually work, or the cooldown will be dependent entirely on who slept last, regardless of whether or not it was under a tree, meaning even though enough time has passed you'll usually get coal. The timing of it also drives me nuts and doesn't make sense most of the time, with the gift appearing IMMEDIATELY after sleeping under a tree, and sometimes never at all even though more than a day has passed. I want to test it as I play, but at this point it's just becoming a waste of grass/fur.

I'm really hoping one of the devs could clarify all the weird little nuances to this niche mechanic, because I sure as hell can't figure it out.

10 hours ago, sleuthyRogue said:

Honestly the whole mechanic is pretty wonky and inconsistent. I've tried so many different times but still can't pin down the right way to do it.

Multiple people on a server sleeping doesn't usually work, or the cooldown will be dependent entirely on who slept last, regardless of whether or not it was under a tree, meaning even though enough time has passed you'll usually get coal. The timing of it also drives me nuts and doesn't make sense most of the time, with the gift appearing IMMEDIATELY after sleeping under a tree, and sometimes never at all even though more than a day has passed. I want to test it as I play, but at this point it's just becoming a waste of grass/fur.

I'm really hoping one of the devs could clarify all the weird little nuances to this niche mechanic, because I sure as hell can't figure it out.

In the wiki it mentions you have to fully decorate it to get the best possible items and you have to wait 4 days to get the best item. If you sleep every night you will get coal. Considering that you can get rare gems with it, some grass is not so much in exchange. Also Fill-Lips mentioned here that the cycle is tree based and will not work with multiple persons.

1 hour ago, Rellimarual said:

If the cycle is based on the tree not on the player, can you have more than one batch of trees and alternate?

You can, though it will take an extreme amount of time and resources to set up 4 cycles worth of christmas trees.

Especially if you have someone else to help you cycle through other christmas tree farms.

2 hours ago, Fill-Lips said:

You can, though it will take an extreme amount of time and resources to set up 4 cycles worth of christmas trees.

Especially if you have someone else to help you cycle through other christmas tree farms.

Yeah, I can’t see doing that. Now that our trinket museum is complete, sleeping under the trees seems less urgent. The gifts are nice and fun to open, but not anything we don’t already have plenty of. The panflute is the best of it, but Klaus is superfond of giving us mandrakes, so we have 10 in a chest and the original 5 that came planted in the map in a little enclosure.

But we do have a tree-sleeping area and an avenue of potted twiggy trees so it’s good to know that we can alternate when we’re in the mood.

2 minutes ago, mochilo said:

The feeling when I started a Wickerbottom run to see the Christmas stuff (and her AWESOME new skin), but I didn't remember the sleeping under the trees thing :(

feels bad man. i know that feeling. wickerbottom is one of my favorite characters and that is a huge negative effect of her.

On 2017-12-24 at 2:45 AM, Rellimarual said:

Keeping Winter’s Feast on year-round would be pretty OP.

But players who are on the seasonal default AND who are trinket collectors should be aware that this is one of the few ways to complete your collection without having to hammer the Ancient Pseudoscience Station. To anyone who’s known the pain of digging up those last graves behind the Ancient Guardian and just getting red and blue gems: here’s your chance! I’m looking at you, @cptCalavera!

But there is soo little time in december! I'll do my best soon. Promise :)

21 hours ago, YumoS said:

feels bad man. i know that feeling. wickerbottom is one of my favorite characters and that is a huge negative effect of her.

Wicker is also mymain character. You can use the mandrakes to sleep. each mandrake will make you sleep twice: once when cooking it and once when eating it. If you have enough trees, let´s say 50, you can get enough pan flutes back to make this a sustainable way of farming xmas gifts.

Archived