Perpetual Motion Water Cooling (No pump/pipes loop)

8 minutes ago, Oozinator said:

Nice build, even when it's unlogic :)

index.png

lol the funny thing, is that i was trying to build something closer to that instead originally. I was trying to balance two bodies of water so I can have a small pool on top and a large pool in the bottom. And It should balance out. Instead I got a perpetual motion machine (boyles flask)

Practice: IRL

Theory: ONI

1Cip2.png

I like using that waterfall technique to compress liquids.  I make both my steam geysers fall in to one tiny area using this, thus it never fills up and I get to use all the water eventually, even if I don't have a use for it in the beginning.  I also use it in my polluted water to polluted oxygen converter to great effect.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1240429065

11 hours ago, Zarquan said:

I like using that waterfall technique to compress liquids.  I make both my steam geysers fall in to one tiny area using this, thus it never fills up and I get to use all the water eventually, even if I don't have a use for it in the beginning.  I also use it in my polluted water to polluted oxygen converter to great effect.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1240429065

Post pics of ur geyser set up, fascinated.

The tile is need to keep the polluted o2 in and stop the massive amount of polluted water from expanding upward.  There is currently around 100000 kg of polluted water in that one tile.  The tile above the polluted water can actually flow polluted oxygen to the chamber to the left, as it is a reverse L corner waterlock, which does not work and allows gases to flow.  In this scheme, you can put a pump in the left chamber and pull the polluted oxygen that evaporates off of the polluted water. 

Also, a picture of my geyser setup.  I used tile to take all the water from around the geyser and pour it in to the area.  The heavy joint plates are used to conduct heat from the water to the steam, which cools the steam.  It is all sealed in abysallite.  I should note that all the damage happened during construction and it has been stable for over 100 cycles.  As with other systems, there are two different gases in the tiles above lower chamber (I think it is CO2 and chlorine, but it could be anything).  It pours in to a small chamber with a liquid pump, which pumps the water to wherever needed.  I set up both geysers like this  Also, the large mass of tiles to the right were used to move the pool of water in to the chamber.

tp://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1251259637

3 minutes ago, Zarquan said:

The tile is need to keep the polluted o2 in and stop the massive amount of polluted water from expanding upward.  There is currently around 100000 kg of polluted water in that one tile.

I didn't explain my idea clearly enough.

Build airlock or airflowtile in red zone. They never suffer pressure damage, one layer will be enough.

1.png.a2dd5bf1c8d97711d7a117aa4109c4e1.png

Yes, I could put airflow tiles in there on the polluted water scheme.  I have experienced some oddities with airflow tiles and high pressure liquids in the past, so I usually try to avoid them out of habit more than anything else.  The main benefit to not using airflow is that it makes the chamber easier to insulate.  I consider abyssalite and metals infinitely more valuable than igneous rock or sedimentary rock, and the abyssalite layer is smaller if I do it this way.   My larger plan with the polluted water is to use it as coolant and heat it up to around 105C before putting it in this chamber.  This will effectively deletes a significant amount of heat energy, as the specific heat of polluted o2 is significantly lower than that of polluted water.

Also, I could have replaced the inner layer on they geyser with doors, but that would be more expensive in metal and then I would still want to insulate it with abyssalite.  I think it is, as far as I'm concerned, cheaper to use the 3 layers.  The space isn't too relevant, as I would build this structure far away from my base.

Archived