Electrolyser fully autonomous

1 hour ago, Lifegrow said:

Well done, you posted something ancient, that everybody knows about and also called Eadra a man.

Good work all round.

well done for blaming a new member for kindly sharing sth he found useful - sure u encouraged him to do it again...
just cause U thought noone wants to read about it - well, i didnt know about it.

Anyhow - great job as well, way better than the OP.

Pitchforks and torches eh? :D 

1 hour ago, Speadge said:

well done for blaming a new member for kindly sharing sth he found useful - sure u encouraged him to do it again...
just cause U thought noone wants to read about it - well, i didnt know about it.

Anyhow - great job as well, way better than the OP.

Wasn't "blaming" him for anything, apart from maybe mistaking Eadra for a man, which I personally found to be humorous :p 

1 hour ago, CantBreathe said:

You've always been a little obnoxious LG. Good on ya. ;) 

Can't argue with this one @CantBreathe:D 

1 hour ago, Whispershade said:

Please do not feel discouraged. There are those who will find your post helpful. Some folks can just be grumpy sometimes.

Wasn't grumpy either, just not sure why anyone would join a forum solely to create a thread showcasing a (very old) mechanic that the community have been using for, what, maybe 7 months or so? All this sort of thread does is push down actually interesting current content threads into obscurity. 

That being said, you're all entirely right, I was a massive dangus.

Welcome to the forums @DemotionFR, sorry for being a knob.x

On 7.11.2017 at 7:22 PM, Lifegrow said:

All this sort of thread does is push down actually interesting current content threads into obscurity.

Everyone who is posting in this thread, is an " actually interesting current content" -killer!
Please don't!
^^

26 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Pitchforks and torches eh? :D 

Wasn't "blaming" him for anything, apart from maybe mistaking Eadra for a man, which I personally found to be humorous :p 

Can't argue with this one @CantBreathe:D 

Wasn't grumpy either, just not sure why anyone would join a forum solely to create a thread showcasing a (very old) mechanic that the community have been using for, what, maybe 7 months or so? All this sort of thread does is push down actually interesting current content threads into obscurity. 

That being said, you're all entirely right, I was a massive dangus.

Welcome to the forums @DemotionFR, sorry for being a knob.x

i am FR and my english is imperfect, i try to correct this :).

While I have seen this design before and it has been part of the community, it's certainly not wrong for someone to share designs they find interesting. The fact that it has been part of the small hyperdevoted community does not at all mean that it is widely known, used, or understood by laymen and the greater fringe community. As someone who only rarely frequents this forum, some dinosaur like this could have been very useful for the untold masses like me. 

Understanding that there is a distinction here is important. While this would have the minor effect of pushing down "actually interesting current content" for those on the cutting edge of the ONI scene, for the lesser and infrequent members its a harmless post followed by an unwelcoming response. 

I guess my point is, senior members should be nice and understanding to newbies, lurkers, and infrequent visitors.  :p

11 hours ago, Riateche said:

Can someone explain how this actually works? Why hydrogen and oxygen go to different rooms?

I think he wants to know why oxygen goes right and hydrogen goes left. why cant it happen that oxygen goes left?

Could this happen? 

Does o2 just go right, cause there is already some o2 in this space?

On 8.11.2017 at 2:39 PM, Speadge said:

Does o2 just go right, cause there is already some o2 in this space?

Realism!
I bet it's because all other gases then O2 where invented by comminist inventors, like Rugy Erpothan 1475-1512(RIP) (left)
o2 seems to be reinvented by the thule organization, supported by third reich!(right)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thule

48 minutes ago, clickrush said:

On a more serious note: This has nothing to do with physics. It is simply an exploit based on the fact that the gas tile creation is not randomized.

so u could as well get the hydrogen to the right by creating a vacuum or h2 filled room there and having o2 on the other side...

2 hours ago, Speadge said:

so u could as well get the hydrogen to the right by creating a vacuum or h2 filled room there and having o2 on the other side...

I didnt actually watch it until just now, it wasnt what I was expecting and I am not a terribly big fan of hyperpressurization of gas using water schemes. But in regards to why the layout. One might theoretically be able to build it in mirror (I am not sure if hydrogen from an electrolyzer prefers the upper left tile) but lighter gasses have a very strong tendency to move up and to the left. It is the same reason CO2 tends to pool at the lower right of rooms.

I was unable at the moment to hear Eadra's commentary regarding pushing the gas around with minute tiles of liquid in such a fashion.

17 hours ago, Riateche said:

Can someone explain how this actually works? Why hydrogen and oxygen go to different rooms?

If a space if occupied the gas try to find a spot were it can go. And if there is a gas of same type it will go there. 

if all spaces if occupied it will push away the water at the point the gases is created. In the case of Electrolyzer it is to left corner. 

Oh btw I created a new designen of it makes so that there never can get any oxygen in to the hydrogen chamber. But when you create you have to have only hydrogen in hydrogen chamber. or it will not work. 

Electrolyzer

Archived