The Market Trading in DST is absolutely ridiculous

How to skins:

1. Klei releases new skins

2. People spam forums with pictures of few people that listed 1 of 10943729851 items high

3. People outrage about 2-3 of 123948732053 skins prices

4. quiet

5. no one buys 3$ wendy skin

6. repeat

Step 1 ) Make disposable steam account

Step 2 ) Get Game

Step 3 )  Do Dsum

Step 4 )  Easy game money for , kids, friends , etc.. Hundreds, thousands

Dont forget it can be applied to any of those games ..  Like those $500 Knife skins on Csgo lol

Step 5 ) Ruin the market to sell overpriced retail skins

Step 6 )  Buy ticket from israel to thailand

The Steam Community Market is so much better than using third party trading websites and purchasing currency items (Such as Keys and refined metal.) to trade for the item you want. (But you also have to know every items value in keys and keys, like any other currency, themselves fluctuate in value.) For popular games like tf2 and csgo its not an issue as it is easy to search for those game's items. For a less popular game like DST most sites won't even let you search for items in the game.(As it is unaware of their existence.) As much as people seem to hate the market it makes obtaining items much easier for less popular games. (And the developers make money as form it as well. Third party sites like tf2outpost won't be giving Klei any money for trades involving their items.)

If you wan't to try finding a more affordable Halloween skins you can try third party sites. (I have saved a lot of money obtaining skins through them.) Just be prepared to deal with much more hassle than using the Steam community market.

48 minutes ago, Dreamscape18459 said:

The Steam Community Market is so much better than using third party trading websites and purchasing currency items (Such as Keys and refined metal.) to trade for the item you want. (But you also have to know every items value in keys and keys, like any other currency, themselves fluctuate in value.) For popular games like tf2 and csgo its not an issue as it is easy to search for those game's items. For a less popular game like DST most sites won't even let you search for items in the game.(As it is unaware of their existence.) As much as people seem to hate the market it makes obtaining items much easier for less popular games. (And the developers make money as form it as well. Third party sites like tf2outpost won't be giving Klei any money for trades involving their items.)

If you wan't to try finding a more affordable Halloween skins you can try third party sites. (I have saved a lot of money obtaining skins through them.) Just be prepared to deal with much more hassle than using the Steam community market.

Or, y'know we could just buy the skins from Klei themselves.

Heck it could be a very limited time deal if concerns about devaluing the skins come up.

It's not the DST market, it's just the market. It's how it works, and a game with a good player base like don't starve will have some high value items on the market. It just how it works.

And the DST is a really cheaper one, not for me, but comparing with other games. All those really expensive skins will drop because no one will buy it at that price, will also drop because more people will get them and lower the market.

A ridiculous game market it's CS:GO and PUBG when you have skins worth 1600 on the market and people buying it, and 3.5 k skins being sell of the steam market, on reddit eg. That's a ridiculous market, but well, they are ridiculous because people really buy those items and set those prices. But well, that's how free market works.

The people who buy those items won, cause they can afford them and get what they want. The user who sell get really happy cause can make some valuable amount of money. And ofc, the developers always win, and that's the good part for me, because they still can get some good profit after the game being released and with that make some updates, not all the devs do that, but the good ones do it  :D

So yeah, sometimes you, me, and some other users would like to get that sweet skin but we don't have that money to do it, or we don't want to spend that money at some cosmetic item, well, it's just cosmetic. And I'm pretty sure if I get one of those sweet drops would also sell it :D

15 hours ago, Mr.Mulk said:

Or, y'know we could just buy the skins from Klei themselves.

Heck it could be a very limited time deal if concerns about devaluing the skins come up.

My apologies the intent of my post was to bring awareness that the situation could be far worse.

If you guys don't like the community market and think it makes the game worse you could make a thread suggesting to get rid of it in the suggestions and feedback forum. I think the market has done a lot of good for the game providing Klei and Valve capital to continue developing the game and steam services that this game uses but it seems to be incredibly unpopular on these forums. If you absolutely can't stand the market the xbox and playstation versions of this game do not have steam functionality (including the market) so it might be a better platform for you to play on.

I would like to see them keep the market (as it does provide Klei revenue) while allowing players to purchase skins directly from Klei. (And assign a new rarity for skins prior to this change.) I would also like to see them update the skin system to only drop Hallowed nights elegants over halloween and maybe a 5% chance for a dropped elegant to be a halloween/event specific skin year round. (And use this system for other event elegants such as Winter's feast and Year of the Gobbler.)

Archived