I need opinions

I'm planning on buying some Don't Starve Merchandise soon, and my plan so far is:

Blind Box Three Pack: Buying one figure almost guarantees you to get something you weren't aiming for, and buying sixteen Is guaranteed to get you duplicates, not even mentioning the price. I feel like three boxes is the best option.

T-shirt: I'm kinda dissapointed there isn't really much to choose from, as there's only a single shirt avaible, but i really like the design and i would totaly buy it, seeing as im running out of clothing lately too

Chester Plushie: I have two plans for him at the moment, either use him to hold inside the figures, but that would feel like a waste to not have them out presented to the world, so the other idea is to have him as a kind of extension to my shelf, having him hold some stuff for me that i might need

It seems like plan is perfect, but there are few things that bother me a lot

First of all, its the price, i live in Poland and our currency transfered to euro is almost worth nothing, and adding to it the shipping price (That already got updated before anyway), ends up with me having to pay over 600 PLN for a shirt, a plushie and three figures. It Almost makes me consider it not being worth it, but i'm still very into the idea of buying all that merch anyway.

Second problem being that others may look down upon me for that, i'm 21 years old and i live currently in a home with my parents, my 26 years old brother, grandma, uncles, aunts, cousins, overally a lot of people being all over the place, they might question what i got myself and even more they will question the price i put in it, it puts me in a very uncomfortable spot.

What would you guys advice me to do? And what is your overall opinion on all of that?

First of all, you don't really need to tell us your private live problems, I think this is your problem and you should think about solving it by yourself.

And now my opinion : Yeah, I live in Poland too and I was considering purchase of some merch of Klei. The price is really big for us, but if you are a real fan of Klei games - especially Don't Starve (because you're talking about it) then you just should save some money for certain merch. And because price of those items is kinda big for us, you should just wait for sale of Klei merch, or just buy 1 of your most wanted things.

I, personally, want to buy everything (yeah, ridiculous, I know :D) but it's too expensive for me, so I'm just saving some money, and waiting for Xmas (because most likely Klei will make some price drops then).

If you will consider buying only 1 of those items, I, personally, would buy chester plushie, but the choice is yours of course.

P.S

I don't think this is the right place to ask for that, I mean, it's a general discussion, right, but it's more likely to be discussion about gameplay, rather than place to get advices about your purchases.

What if you buy something actually useful? I mean, the plushies and figures looks cool but there's not much use for it, it'll only pick up dust and you may throw it away once you change your mentality.

What about the lanyard? It looks great and you can take it everywhere and give it many uses without people noticing it.

Formated_Lanyard-400x267.png.ee6a0a9296aa4f2c619420e7c6ce17a7.png

Gosh, I carry over me my keys, 3 USB's and my cellphone every single day, I could destroy that lanyard with the uses I would give to it.

hey, I can understand your Problem.

I live in Austria and  bought Crabbit Plush and Beefalo and I dont remember anymore how much I payed but I remember that eventhought it was I think something like Krampus Sale, the Price really shocked me.

Since I am also not much into Plushis but thought they looked cute, I had no use for them and gave them to my dog who already owend a Raymond Raving Rabbit that makes Bwaaahh and so on and also a Yoshi, he was very exited.

Eventhought the shipping was very high, I still dont regret my decision and would by them again

Next Time its gonna be Spider Black and Deerclops

On 1.11.2017 at 7:08 PM, minespatch said:

59896688de2f1_krampussellerdakimakura.png.c3104843baaffb93ebf78daa75bd3cc6.png

Well, ain't that a... thing.

I'll take 20 of those

Thank you all for your opinions, and after thinking a lot, i've made final decision, i'll be getting figures and plushie, without the shirt. I need to keep some money on myself, and although maybe getting something more practical would feel more excusable, i'm looking for something simply nice for the eye, a decoration, and the absolute fluff of chester that i heard so much about. So thanks again, i'll try posting some pictures once i get them~

On 30.10.2017 at 8:31 PM, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Just buy a body pillow of Willow and be done with it :D

Charlie bodypillow when?
Or at least cardboard replica? Anyone? No?... Okay ;_;

Okay, but about our topic - I wanted to buy crabbit plush, because it's cute. Back when it was on sale. I'm from the same country but it doesn't matter that much, the situation is similar to anyone outside of North America probably.
@Corey as a nice guy he is said that he'll try to organise some sort of monthly pick up groups, where people from the same region make their orders and then large package is sent just to be later distributed via local post when it arrives to let's say Europe. I didn't buy that plushie because I hoped that these groups will quickly become a thing. I don't mind waiting months if it will make me pay much less.
How's the situation, Corey? I know it's mostly up to Indiebox and that it's not the first time I'm bothering you with this, but as it appears something like this is really needed and would be greatly appreciated! :)

I guess you can PM me Newax and maybe we could make one order and pay shipping price in half. I'm not saying I made up my mind and I'm sure I want to buy something but hey, looking at numbers could make me eager to make a purchase. Well, if the stuff I mentioned above won't become a thing. And sadly, I doubt it will ever happen.

Archived