Don't you do it

Pink_Infatuation

I see you eyeing that item that has no functional bonus for you. 

I see you inching towards it.

Please know your role. It's okay if you want to try out something new, but you need to communicate that in the pre-game chat. If you're still new and want to try new items and weapons, then play a character that can use them, rather than being suboptimal by stealing it from the person who gets the most benefit from it for a wave or two while you play with it. 

For example, if you're Winona and you see a Wickerbottom juggling her book and staff to maximize crowd control and DPS and you walk up to her and take the fire staff while she's not using it for the 3 seconds it takes to aim and cast the book, then you're kinda being a problem. If you want to try using a weapon or armor you never found before, again, play a new character that gets benefit from it that way people can't say no, or just ask in chat first. I had to actually run and grab a crown i wasn't going to use because I knew a winona would try to steal it for no reason (she did try and make a run for it- this was another winona who just flat out took the fire staff and then never used the special on it for 2 waves) so that i could assure it got to the runner. 

items and their classes:

Healers get:

Healing staff,

healing output boost crown,

possibly the self heal crown if you want your healer to survive more. not recommended though

typical characters: Wilson, Wickerbottom, maaaaaaaaaybe winona if you're desperate.

Tanks/melee DPS get:

all the high reduction armor,

all the DPS output increasing hats, 

possibly the healing received increase hat, but i like to put that on my reviver wilson.

typical characters: WX, woodie, wolfgang, wigfrid, winona if you're desperate.

Ranged DPS get:

molten darts (willow priority)

second pick on damage increase hats

damage increase armor (except wigfrid should probably take this one if you have one because she draws less aggro and needs the armor less)

Second pick on cooldown armor if you don't have a mage/ it's a spare.

Typical characters: Willow, Wilson, Wendy, Webber if you're desperate because PSA webber is super weak right now rip. 

Mages get:

Fire staff,

Cooldown crown,

mage crown (the one that drops towards the end)

cooldown armor.

Typical characters: Wickerbottom and Maxwell. (PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LEAVE THE STAFF FOR THESE TWO ITS THEIR ONLY OTHER WEAPON BESIDES A CRAPPY MELEE RANGED BOOK THAT PUTS THEM IN HARMS WAY, THEY'RE LITERALLY DESIGNED TO USE THIS STAFF, GIVE IT TO WILLOW IF YOU DON'T HAVE EITHER ONE OF THESE GUYS OR IF THEY'RE HEALER, AND IF FOR SOME REASON YOU DON'T HAVE ALL 3 THEN YES WINONA YOU CAN SCREW AROUND WITH IT)

Runners get:

Speed crown (it's one of the first drops, so many people troll take it and never optimize it)

Molten darts (after willow) - it attracts aggro easier

self heal hat/ any other speed boost armor i'm forgetting

Typical runners: Wendy, Wes, Woodie

Again, this isn't the only way to do things, but in a public setting with randos you have to realize that this is the optimal and typical way people run. This is based off of my much experience in Forged, and off of what strategies work and which ones don't. If you want to try something new, that's great. Just make it clear that's what you want to do before you jump in a game with 5 strangers and expect them to give your wendy the fire staff when there's a wickerbottom, maxwell, and willow staring blankly at you. That is all, thanks.

(and yes, before you ask, I am a salty wickerbottom main who has had the staff robbed too many times)

24 minutes ago, JohnWatson said:

tanks definitely need it more than the healer, who shouldn't be taking damage anyway

And if they do take damage then they know exactly when and where the healing is placed before anyone else does, so healing themselves is an easy task. That is, as long as your tanks/runners are doing their jobs anyway...

5 hours ago, Pink_Infatuation said:

I see you eyeing that item that has no functional bonus for you. 

I see you inching towards it.

Please know your role. It's okay if you want to try out something new, but you need to communicate that in the pre-game chat. If you're still new and want to try new items and weapons, then play a character that can use them, rather than being suboptimal by stealing it from the person who gets the most benefit from it for a wave or two while you play with it. 

hopefully once the forge comes out for real, Klei can make it so you can create your own server where you can test out certain things for yourselves (and yes i mean where  you can console command God mode and spawning in items).

45 minutes ago, thenumberf5ve said:

hopefully once the forge comes out for real, Klei can make it so you can create your own server where you can test out certain things for yourselves (and yes i mean where  you can console command God mode and spawning in items).

Not gonna happen. At least not while the event is live anyway.

I agree JohnWattsons statement. Receiving healing is important to cover your large HP pool.

But in general equipment management in Quickmatches is kinda hard if you have those Cyrillic writing Russians in  or self centered staff-but-not-book-users in your team. So I can see minespatchs point there. Willows fire boost doesn't give the automatic permit to hold the fire staff all herself, I think.

15 hours ago, JohnWatson said:

tanks definitely need it more than the healer, who shouldn't be taking damage anyway

When I play healer I'll sometimes temporarily grab the 'more healing received' hat if nobody else is grabbing it, nothing that's more helpful for what I'm doing is available at the moment, and the team is new/unfocused and stuff is running over to punch me that shouldn't be, but yeah if your team is working together well the healing received boost oughtta be on a tank

On 10/27/2017 at 7:40 AM, TheBlob said:

When I play healer I'll sometimes temporarily grab the 'more healing received' hat if nobody else is grabbing it, nothing that's more helpful for what I'm doing is available at the moment, and the team is new/unfocused and stuff is running over to punch me that shouldn't be, but yeah if your team is working together well the healing received boost oughtta be on a tank

ah, see "your team is working together" is where this whole thing falls apart lol

i only recommend wilson take it if you have crappy tanks or nobody's taking aggro off healer and they need to survive because the coordination is bad

oh i forgot what i wrote and misread what everyone said when i was talking about the healing increased receive hat i thought you meant the heal over time one haha

the increase income healing hat should either go on the tank or maybe the wilson if he's a dps and nobody else wants it is the idea i was trying to get across

Archived