Power tower

Well... That's my favourite energetic setup. Since the natural gas generator is 4 tiles wide and the pump - 2 (so your air does not get littered with pO2), it's very optimal to put one generator above another and two pumps below, so you can direct the polluted water from generators straight to your filtration/fertiliser plant. I also rather like using fert. plants, usually up to one pump and 25 fert. makers - that's gives us 500g/s of natural gas, good to power another 8,(3) generators. Also, for those who do not know, you can put a heavy watt wire first and then an airlock as the second, you can not reverse-do it.

Have a pic of the tower and enjoy:

powertower.png

Is the issue with heavy watt wire and airlock new?  Previously I have been able to run it through airlocks.  Though, it's not needed, usually, because you just need the heavy watt between the transformers, not anywhere else. 

The walls are not abysalite, so the heat can flow, 2 pumps are to remove polluted water instantly, so polluted oxygen is not created and I make it out of gold, so we do not need additional cooling - airflow around is enough. The temperature never goes above 100 celcius degrees.

Instead of 2 pumps spending power on grams of water, you could just go with 1 pump, and a deodorizer.  The PO output doesn't matter if it's instantly turned to clean oxygen.  Maybe even set up a min/max sensor situation to make the pump more efficient (though that would take space outside your setup I think)

4 hours ago, Vincie said:

The walls are not abysalite, so the heat can flow, 2 pumps are to remove polluted water instantly, so polluted oxygen is not created and I make it out of gold, so we do not need additional cooling - airflow around is enough. The temperature never goes above 100 celcius degrees.

Meh that's the lazy way that most people play with, never cool anything and just have giant areas over 50C. Meanwhile the heat is spreading into your base and all over the asteroid and it quickly becomes something you'll never cool back down unless you turn off everything.

7 minutes ago, GreatGameDota said:

Meh that's the lazy way that most people play with, never cool anything and just have giant areas over 50C. Meanwhile the heat is spreading into your base and all over the asteroid and it quickly becomes something you'll never cool back down unless you turn off everything.

Well. Let's face it. If you're not playing beyond a few hundred cycles, you can generally ignore such trivial concerns as having to design systems that are balanced in any way really. Heat is something that just vanishes magically by itself, you know that :D

Abyssalite all around
heat for warming the pincha pepper
carbon diox generater more polluted water
polluted water feeding pincha pepper

so all heat is magically gone, heat from fert maker go along with natgas then go to NGG
heat from NGG go to co2 then to skimmer
both room always under 50c

sorry this is not tower :D

power.thumb.jpg.7e97f93fead1135e910d2a70f8c48fa0.jpgA

Well, CO2 makes an OK cooling agent, while you have a void. I just create industrial areas, that are sealed off and no dupes need to enter ever. And really hot CO2 gets dumped to the void, bye bye =^__^=

Archived