Collection-Based Emotes

Were the emotes you get for completing the pajamas sets (/sleepy and /yawn) just a test, or did they plan on having collection rewards be more of a regular thing in the future? 

I think it'd be neat if each collection (Guest of Honor, Survivor, Triumphant) had an emote for having at least one matching base and body item from the set. 

Bow (Guest of Honor): "Take a /bow, you deserve it." Take a fancy bow. Perhaps just like how /sit cycles between a few poses, this could cycle between a bow and a curtsy. 

Brandish (Survivor): "Watch where you're pointing that!" Brandish a spear menacingly while scowling. It wouldn't matter if you actually had a spear or not, since it would just be part of the animation. 

Evil Laugh (Triumphant): "Don't be cliche and do it so long you cough." A few seconds of exaggerated evil laughter. 

And as a little bonus, for Maxwell's "the Untriumphant"

Hat Trick (Untriumphant): "Expect anything in show business!" Take a top hat from behind your back and try to pull a rabbit out, only to be shocked to find a beardling and quickly put the hat away. 

In general I like this idea. My only problem with it would be that it could make a situation where the ones who have something have much, and others have little to nothing. 

On the other hand, I would really like some more emotes (general ones too), and a fitting emote could add a lot to the atmosphere. I especially liked your evil laught you suggested. 

Hm, maybe there should be an emote for a non-elegant head skins too? I mean, when someone doesn't wear the GoH/Survior/Triumphant character skin. So that people without these won't feel left out.

5 hours ago, roseate said:

Or maybe there could be character exclusive emotes, like Wickerbottom reading a book or Webber tossing a little ball of silk up and down.

That would be pretty neat. Combining your idea and @Karmattack's it would be neat if the character specific emotes changed when a head skin is applied.

8 hours ago, Karmattack said:

Hat Trick (Untriumphant): "Expect anything in show business!" Take a top hat from behind your back and try to pull a rabbit out, only to be shocked to find a beardling and quickly put the hat away. 

I need this so much. I would go out of my way to buy Maxwell's untriumphant just for this alone.

Just my opinion, but I wish for more free emotes like sitting & squatting, because skins are expensive..some cost like 50 dollars! And skins/purchasable emotes can't even be used while offline when playing by yourself :?

2 minutes ago, CaptainFun said:

That reminds me, I recently traded for the purple jammies set and I cant actually use the yawn emote. It's not in the inventory. Is that how these work? 

You don't keep the reward if you decide to sell or trade a piece.

Archived