So, as it stands right now, the only way to get Wheezewort is to find it, same for Blair plants.

I was wondering if I'm right about this, or is there a way to cultivate the seed that I don't know about.

Also, has anyone noticed that the Ice biome is harder to find in the oil test server, or have my colonies just been in odd spots?

1 hour ago, Saturnus said:

There's a lot, approximately half I reckon is buried in tiles in the ice biomes though, so they're not clearly visible.

Half? Nah no way - depends on RNG of course but more often than not the cracked/buried tiles are either ice, snow or sleetwheat.

Before sleetwheat nearly every buried tile was a wheezewort - but nowadays not so much sadly.

2 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Half? Nah no way - depends on RNG of course but more often than not the cracked/buried tiles are either ice, snow or sleetwheat.

Before sleetwheat nearly every buried tile was a wheezewort - but nowadays not so much sadly.

I tend to see something different in my games. I rarely, if ever get 30 though. I think the most I have ever got was 27, and I dug out the entire map on that playthrough. So I'm just leaving the 30 in as a possibility even though I have never actually seen that many in a game.

1 minute ago, Saturnus said:

I tend to see something different in my games. I rarely, if ever get 30 though. I think the most I have ever got was 23, and I dug out the entire map on that playthrough.

I fear you may have lost some to the dreaded drop bug. I've had playthroughs with 50-60 before, never fewer than mid 20's.

I once did a debug playthrough, and at the end I dug out all my neutronium to find out just how much crap had been lost on save/load/distractions etc - it was immense...

Short story - avoid long ladders, and overlap your digouts ;) 

Well i never dug out entire map, my computer little bit old, when opened half map Fog, i barely play with 20-30 fps on 4x speed. That why i said on previous comment , every time i play recently i got around 10- 15 whezzeworth. Well maybe im unlucky with the seed map, but mostly the ice biome i found, is small and they have like 3 or 5 whezze each. Sorry about the confusion, just an average oni player who never clear entire map and boring around 500 cycles+-, then make new base in new map, repeat........

13 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

I fear you may have lost some to the dreaded drop bug. I've had playthroughs with 50-60 before, never fewer than mid 20's

In the interest of science I started 10 new games and counted all visible wheezeworts at the start of the game. The number was always above 18 but never 30 or more. Average was 24.8. The numbers were 19, 22, 23, 24, 24, 25, 27, 27, 28, and 29.

3 hours ago, Saturnus said:

In the interest of science I started 10 new games and counted all visible wheezeworts at the start of the game. The number was always above 18 but never 30 or more. Average was 24.8. The numbers were 19, 22, 23, 24, 24, 25, 27, 27, 28, and 29.

is that after Friday's patch?  I am finding a LOT of ice biomes with zero now.

6 hours ago, Saturnus said:

As I mentioned, I've found it's never fewer than mid 20's.

Add to that the few you'll find buried and you have plenty of wheezeworts - you just need to find them :D 

50 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Add to that the few you'll find buried and you have plenty of wheezeworts - you just need to find them :D 

Who said anything about it being plenty or not? You said "I've had playthroughs with 50-60 before", and I question the validity of that claim by actually doing a quite exhaustive test of how many there actually are by starting up a number of random games and counting the number. It might be that you've had 50-60 wheezeworts in playthroughs but that would require it to more that double the average number I've found in my tests, and being gross outliers to the general trend. 

Just now, Saturnus said:

Who said anything about it being plenty or not? You said "I've had playthroughs with 50-60 before", and I question the validity of that claim by actually doing a quite exhaustive test of how many there actually are by starting up a number of random games and counting the number. It might be that you've had 50-60 wheezeworts in playthroughs but that would require it to more that double the average number I've found in my tests, and being gross outliers to the general trend. 

Well gosh, I didn't realise I was being scrutinised for the validity of my claim :D I will just point out that at no point did I say "In the current iteration of the game I have documented findings of 60 wort seeds" - I simply said that I've had playthroughs where I've had 50-60 wheezeworts before - and I have. I do record like 80% of my ONI play time @Saturnus - you know this, and you know exactly where you can go if you want to "question the validity of my claim" :D (duplicative meaning very much intended :p )

In my current OI-234935 game I've just counted 35 worts, and I have a couple of ice biomes left un-cleared of cracked/buried tiles. Based on your findings, I think that maybe RNJesus just simply doesn't like you... :D 

Ok chill guys its not about which is true, thè topic is about we maximize this unlimited free cooling where its basically limited by number. I know some people maybe got more than 20 or 30, but most mayorities have it few.

I usually using it on closed room with hydrogen, easy cooling radiator or hot machinary like hydrogen generator who dont have waste output gas. Or put it near electrolyzer, thou its not really good as maximize its effect as hydrogen room. Even you have limited number its about efficiently how we place it on our base, since heat death = plant died = everyone death, most common losing game for clueless new player in the long run.

There several method like cooling chamber, liquid oxygen, air conditioner loop.

Same as blair plant its limited too, but easy masterpiece paint or statue can subtitute that. But for whezzeworth nothing will ever replace that, because ice/snow or other cool stuff is not unlimited in the long run. So use it wisely. Well this game need more balance, like starting area is only one spot , no other place like that where so much copper ore or hatch  or blair around, so use it wisely as you need

14 minutes ago, Botaxalim said:

Ok chill guys its not about which is true, thè topic is about we maximize this unlimited free cooling where its basically limited by number. I know some people maybe got more than 20 or 30, but most mayorities have it few.

I usually using it on closed room with hydrogen, easy cooling radiator or hot machinary like hydrogen generator who dont have waste output gas. Or put it near electrolyzer, thou its not really good as maximize its effect as hydrogen room. Even you have limited number its about efficiently how we place it on our base, since heat death = plant died = everyone death, most common losing game for clueless new player in the long run.

There several method like cooling chamber, liquid oxygen, air conditioner loop.

Same as blair plant its limited too, but easy masterpiece paint or statue can subtitute that. But for whezzeworth nothing will ever replace that, because ice/snow or other cool stuff is not unlimited in the long run. So use it wisely. Well this game need more balance, like starting area is only one spot , no other place like that where so much copper ore or hatch  or blair around, so use it wisely as you need

It's fine, @Botaxalim - Saturnus knows me, and he gives me far more grief on twitch than I give him on these forums :p 

All I was trying to point out is that there are normally plenty of wheezeworts for even the largest of bases - and although RNG can be cruel - I couldn't imagine most people would find a use for even 25 worts, unless they were being incredibly inefficient with their designs.

As you so rightly say, 2 wheezeworts in a hydrogen filled room can offer an awfully effective way of cooling a plethora of machinery down.

Archived