The Forge. Q&A

I may not have the authority to make this thread, just wanted to ease the work and make a place where we all can write our questions and hope devs to answer.

If it doesn't work or exists a place where we can make the same, this will die or get deleted anyway. I'll make one for Hamlet and the new features of SW too.

I hope the forge won't be around for a month then vanish forever or that would really suck... Hopefully it'll be like seasonal events in DST where you can toggle them on or off & you just don't get special skins after the forge event ended but can still play the mode.

5 minutes ago, Alarsin said:

Will the forge stay forever? I really love what I know about it from the 2 sentences I read. I also hope this won't be a seasonal event, like winter's feast, but a new game mode or something idk lol im just so hyped

devs already said it's  limited-time play modes

I have multiple questions as well.

A.Will we no longer see Update based expansions like New reign? Is this a new replacement or more like seasonal things?

B.Will The Forge be like an Arena rather than base build survival? Will events differ in this.

C.Why time limited?

7 minutes ago, Kentura said:

I have multiple questions as well.

A.Will we no longer see Update based expansions like New reign? Is this a new replacement or more like seasonal things?

B.Will The Forge be like an Arena rather than base build survival? Will events differ in this.

C.Why time limited?

They could make a big update (Hamlet) for DST (or make this as paid DLC for DST) not for DS. But we don't know why they stopped supporting multiplayer again.

4 minutes ago, IDMikhail said:

They could make a big update (Hamlet) for DST not for DS. But we don't know why they stopped supporting multiplayer again.

I think they still are supporting it but not in the way we expected. It seems like this is more of an arena mode and then the fact that its time limited. None of this will last like A new reigns content. I would love to see it have alternate structures, hazards, and be an all new biome or something and a permanent update or alternate gamemode. The fact that its time limited indicates otherwise. Not to hate on Klei but they aren't the quickest on updating DS/DST with new content due to their size. I can't imagine they would add enough content like that and be comfortable with throwing it away due to it being limited time. Best case scenario for me is that they do these as fun little seasonal events and every once and awhile have Update expansions, such as a new reign did. I find it very curious they are doing events rather than this. Why?

1 minute ago, IDMikhail said:

Can you call Hamlet big update as A New Reign?

We don't really know yet. Considering it's an actual DLC for DS I think it would be safe to assume it would be at least equal to, or larger then RoG. If it was only the size of ANR then I can't see it being worth buying unless it was a lower price then the previous two DLCs.

I don't understand why people are still complaining. Klei just gave a ton of new content - and you are once again asking for 2 new biomes and alternative seasons instead of being happy? You will have a goddamn 6players coop arena with new awesome abilities, monsters, and (most importantly) skins! 

One thing I wanna know is if these new megacool events will be seasonal and return the following years? It's just what I asked for in a thread long ago! So after we get a nice set of events all year round, in the future there will always be something to look forward to. (until you get bored of the events)

But I can see why people would be worried about this announcement, not because they just want more content now but for the future of DST. I cant say i'm a fan if the events replace content updates that affect the base game, and would much rather prefer base game updates over events. Which could possibly happen after the first "year" of events. Hopefully. Or they just end up doing normal content updates at the same time. That's an ideal scenario!

11 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

We don't really know yet. Considering it's an actual DLC for DS I think it would be safe to assume it would be at least equal to, or larger then RoG. If it was only the size of ANR then I can't see it being worth buying unless it was a lower price then the previous two DLCs.

If it was only the size of ANR...

Compare the new features from ANR and RoG and tell me which is larger.

1 minute ago, sensssz said:

Compare the new features from ANR and RoG and tell me which is larger.

"Larger" isn't the most important.

RoG is more game changing. New biomes, new seasons, wetness, for some of the most importants. ANR add a lot of things, and they are nice, but it will not change your way to play in most cases. Which is ok since learning how to play DST is usually already a lot for most players.

3 minutes ago, Lumina said:

"Larger" isn't the most important.

RoG is more game changing. New biomes, new seasons, wetness, for some of the most importants. ANR add a lot of things, and they are nice, but it will not change your way to play in most cases. Which is ok since learning how to play DST is usually already a lot for most players.

Yeah, maybe I am just so used to the contents from RoG that I don't feel them being special or exciting. The way I play the game now is mostly fight all those bosses and compared to the new bosses the original bosses are just a piece of cake. Admittedly RoG brings more new mechanics to the game.

As far as my thoughts go there are plenty of things to be asked!

1. Are the "abilities" that we saw in the gif Klei showed us on the announcement post the character's traits or are they limited to the weapons and character traits are completely different?

2. Do the characters each wield specific weapon varieties? Or can any one character use any one weapon if there are even more than 1 weapon for each character obtainable?

3. In The Forge will Wes remain a challenge character and have weaknesses rather than helpful traits or will he have his own benefits?

4. Similar to the Wes question will this be a mode in DST where willow becomes decently viable?

5. Klei said they were using these events as experiments. Does this mean that these temporary events could inspire content for future update waves like ANR? Or does this mean ANR style content additions are over?

6. What are Woodie's traits gonna be? (If you know anything about me you know why I'm asking this)

Archived