Don't Starve Together NOT DLC, Stand Alone Game with full Indie Game Price.

• Developer

It's a whole new game, and the sequel to Don't Starve lore-wise. The mechanics were completely changed to fit MP, and there are quite a lot of technical complications that made them decide to go this way.

DST comes with RoG content for free, though, and A New Reign, which was a free DLC already added to the game as well.

No, Klei isn't double dipping. The game required a lot of work.

Also, if you already have Don't Starve on Xbox you should be able to have a discount on DST if you preorder the game, if i'm not wrong. I'm sure I saw someone posting something about it in the Winona topic. Maybe it's not working fine at the moment ? But with the discount, the price should be in range with a DLC price.

I do have ds giant Ed on Xbox and Xbox gold and I don't have the sale. It seems as if some have the sale and others don't. Weird. Could this get cleared up so I can purchase the St and stop complaining so much. Cuz I can complain a hell of alot

Am I the only one left scratching their head at how miserly some people are in regards to Klei's pricing? DST is one of the best survival games currently on the market with hundreds of hours of content and people are still complaining that it costs $15. 7.5 if you take into consideration that (at least on steam) you set a second copy to share with a friend.

I've bought all the Both Don't Starve games and all the single player DLC at fully price and it was well worth every penny. I know cost is relative to a person's given situation but if you compare Klei's business model vs pretty much any big name title, you get so much more than the average for a lower cost.

I could understand that people don't want to pay full price if they feel like they wouldn't have buy DS if they had know that DST would be released "soon", for example. We are speaking about Xbox release (so not pc and steam), so maybe it's not the same thing than PC.

I mean, on PC, Klei was (for me) amazing. A lot of key for beta for free, free DST for DS owner if they owned the game before one date i don't remember, various bundles allowing people to find one offer fitting their taste. But i don't know how it is on Xbox and how clear all of this is. For example, some people got a mail with a discount, some others people (owning the game or being xbox gold member or whatever) don't have the discount, and they don't know why.

So i'm not judging people complaining about price, because i don't have enough context to understand if they have reason for this. I could also understand that paying full price if you already have DS could be expensive (especially with the fact that, as already said, i don't know if it was clear that DST will come too, and when).

I first was thinking like you, but the work Klei has done justify the 2 versions game. It's really another game and it also has it own dlc with ANR.

I can't blame Klei, they're doing great games and listen a lot to their community. You will not be wasting your monney

21 hours ago, Dekay said:

Am I the only one left scratching their head at how miserly some people are in regards to Klei's pricing? DST is one of the best survival games currently on the market with hundreds of hours of content and people are still complaining that it costs $15. 7.5 if you take into consideration that (at least on steam) you set a second copy to share with a friend.

I've bought all the Both Don't Starve games and all the single player DLC at fully price and it was well worth every penny. I know cost is relative to a person's given situation but if you compare Klei's business model vs pretty much any big name title, you get so much more than the average for a lower cost.

Totally apart from the issue of discounts not appearing equally, I couldn't agree with this more. Do you ever go to the movies? I'm going tonight, and I'll pay more than this for 2 hours of entertainment, while I've gotten hundreds and hundreds of hours of fun from DS/DST/Shipwrecked. I guess someone who'd never played the game might wonder if they might be shelling out $ for something they won't like and never play, but anyone who even kind of enjoys it should recognize what a fantastic deal these games are. I buy the mobile versions just to support Klei, even though the controls drive me nuts.

I'm happy i didn't saw it. I think that Klei is pretty fair with pricing since we got plenty of option (bundle, pack), so i don't think that the price is too high. I don't know about skin market price, since i don't really care about skin (i mean, they are great but i'm not unhappy not having one, so the price isn't important for me).

On 9/9/2017 at 1:02 PM, Dekay said:

I've bought many games from Klei too. Good for us. My issue initially was that it would just blend in seamlessly with the giant edition I have on Xbox as I had nooooo idea it was a standalone game. My other issue was everyone talking about how they were getting it for $5, but I have to pay $15, makes no sense. I care about saving money, if you don't, good for you, but I'm not going to judge you for it either way.

Archived