I don't know if there is a command, but if you just keep 6 in a pen close to your grass farm, they won't spawn any new ones. I've been keeping my six for over 300 days now. And they drop some grass in winter, which is nice. 

3 hours ago, Kittydub said:

I don't know if there is a command, but if you just keep 6 in a pen close to your grass farm, they won't spawn any new ones. I've been keeping my six for over 300 days now. And they drop some grass in winter, which is nice. 

Any way to promote more than 6 to morph?

11 hours ago, brbrmensch said:

to be honest, i never noticed something you both say, i often see\make grass farm with gekkos inside or right next to them one fence away, and they still spawn, there is usually way more than 6 of them

Same happens to me: I actually leave said Gekkos in same pen I have my grass tufts and they spawn all over again at random intervals when picking the grass. Have way more than 6 of them rascals. Maybe the fact I have them directly above tufts could be at fault?

If you wanna mod your game and you are hosting the server locally you can change your tuning file. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\data\scripts then open your tuning file.

Spoiler

I have not actually tried this to make sure it works.

After you find and open your tuning file find GRASSGEKKO_MORPH_CHANCE = 1 / 100, and make the 1 a 0. This will effect all your save files.

2 hours ago, zzKratoszz said:

If you wanna mod your game and you are hosting the server locally you can change your tuning file. 

Hide contents
  Hide contents

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together\data\scripts then open your tuning file.

Hide contents

I have not actually tried this to make sure it works.

After you find and open your tuning file find GRASSGEKKO_MORPH_CHANCE = 1 / 100, and make the 1 a 0. This will effect all your save files.

There's a command to do so without editing the games files which won't reset after an update;

TUNING.GRASSGEKKO_MORPH_CHANCE = 0

I'm not sure about this command, but usually when running a command like that  you may need to run it twice, you also after that may need to run these commands, subsequently:

c_save()
c_reset()

those commands save and reload the world.

Archived