As most of you probably know, the Don't Starve Wiki isn't the best source of information around. It often does not include in depth information, or even any pages for some things. Most of it is for Don't Starve and Shipwrecked, as well, not Don't Starve Together.

I propose we start a new wikia, solely for Don't Starve Together, and to make it the best it can be as a source of learning the game and all the is about it. I could do this by myself, although it would probably take a lot of work and time, and I can't guarantee it's popularity over the previous wiki, but if we assembled a team, or if just anybody helped, I bet this thing could launch off the ground in no time. Who's with me?

I mean, either this or we could work to improve the current Wiki.

Just now, Cherryzion said:

Are you saying it would be more popular since there would be no advertisements on the new wiki, or are you telling me not to advertise if I create a new wiki?

Yeah no ads would mean it would rival the other wiki since it's super cache heavy, and no I wasn't saying don't advertise the wiki I meant don't put annoying ads on the site, but I mean few ads aren't too annoying...few

Just now, GiddyGuy said:

Yeah no ads would mean it would rival the other wiki since it's super cache heavy, and no I wasn't saying don't advertise the wiki I meant don't put annoying ads on the site, but I mean few ads aren't too annoying...few

Yeah, I understand not wanting advertisements. So it would need to not use Wikia? Since that seems to have it's own advertising system. I could use Wix, I have experience with it and then I would have free reign to design it however I like, including excluding advertisements. 

2 minutes ago, Cherryzion said:

Yeah, I understand not wanting advertisements. So it would need to not use Wikia? Since that seems to have it's own advertising system. I could use Wix, I have experience with it and then I would have free reign to design it however I like, including excluding advertisements. 

If you know how to use HTML, I suggest using tumblr to make a page without having to pay.

3 minutes ago, Cherryzion said:

Sure I guess? I'm debating on whether you should make two different wikis for both DST and DS since I do remember some people getting miffed about DST facts, items, and mobs being on the singleplayer wiki. Would there be a way to make a separate sections for DST and DS facts, or is that out of your league?

1 hour ago, GiddyGuy said:

Sure I guess? I'm debating on whether you should make two different wikis for both DST and DS since I do remember some people getting miffed about DST facts, items, and mobs being on the singleplayer wiki. Would there be a way to make a separate sections for DST and DS facts, or is that out of your league?

I want to make it only for DST, so all DS info would be separate.

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

If you know how to use HTML, I suggest using tumblr to make a page without having to pay.

Wix is free too, to an extent. I'd be willing to pay a bit for a few extra features, like a custom domain, etc. Being completely free would be nice too though

7 minutes ago, Arcainewave5555 said:

Oooh cool I can't wait to pretend not to be a noob by reading the info then dying after touching the caves on my second day.

And when people ask if you're new in case they might need to help you, you'll say "no, i gud at this game, i survived 120 days before" and then later die from picking a rose cause you ate too many red caps.

Just now, Cherryzion said:

I want to make it only for DST, so all DS info would be separate.

Nice, good choice in my honest opinion I think the only reason you'd want to make a wiki for single player is if they actually updated it so it wasn't buggy, broken, and unbalance.

Hi, i know some things about the game and the DST version, i tend to read a lot the DS/Shipwreck wiki to get some ideas for DST but now as a better and experienced player i dont look at the wiki anymore cuz there is no usefull information about DST, even when i first started to play DST i tried to look at the wiki for character and it was still very incomplete.

My main language its spanish but i would be glad to help with anything i mostly have a couple hours a day to do whatever i want (that could be help the actual wiki or the DST new one), if interested should we talk on PM?

Good thing you started this topic, so I can drop a link for the new Don't Starve Gamepedia

https://dontstarve.gamepedia.com/Don't_Starve_Wiki

It's relatively new. The Wikia one was ported over to Gamepedia due to the annoying ads present in there(like, isn't it such a brilliant Idea to have a huge video ad that pops up and then covers 1/4 of the page? Ha).

It would be nice to check it out, some stuff may be out of place due to the porting, but everything can be fixed with some edits

5 minutes ago, spiderdian said:

Good thing you started this topic, so I can drop a link for the new Don't Starve Gamepedia

https://dontstarve.gamepedia.com/Don't_Starve_Wiki

It's relatively new. The Wikia one was ported over to Gamepedia due to the annoying ads present in there(like, isn't it such a brilliant Idea to have a huge video ad that pops up and then covers 1/4 of the page? Ha).

It would be nice to check it out, some stuff may be out of place due to the porting, but everything can be fixed with some edits

Thank you for the link! I will probably use this site, it looks like a good site. I want to make a wiki that only includes DST, but thanks for the site!

Archived