[Game Update] - (BETA) 211169

20 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Though I still think that the ancients could have made the clockworks and used them as their army. Even if the mysterious religion (?) and style of the ancients are so different from this (seemingly) modern technology, these could have been fused to make a super-strong empire. If Maxwell could give Wilson the knowledge to create a magical portal in our technical world They also could have been able to give technological knowledge to the ancients.

Also, if the ancients had such a great magical power, how could these clockworks still defeat them? I can't imagine brute power were stronger than the power of all the gems, thulecite and the fuel.

Similarly, if the ancients had clockworks as their army and protectors these couldn't stand a chance against the nightmares. Maxwell states that "The overuse of fuel was their downfall.", so the ancients were destroyed by the nightmares, not (only) by clockworks, that's why I believe that these were more possibly with the ancients, not against them.

If the Clockworks were with the ancients then it makes no sense why they are damaged. They do not fight with anything in the Ruins, not even nightmares, so there is absolutely no other known source for them to have fought with other then the ancients.

The magic the ancients use is mostly utility, not offensive, and their bodies are not even located in the Ruins. Their remains are scattered across the caves as fossil fuels. They were potentially driven out seeing as their only real equipment was basic Thulecite armaments, and the clockworks could have swarmed them. Especially if they were already being addled by nightmares, which ignore the clockworks.

Even if the ancients were given forbidden knowledge, it still does not make sense why the clockworks were at least not outfitted with Thulecite for better equipment. And the ancients, are ancient, it would be illogical for the shadows in the past to be able to give them technological knowledge which even in the present is still unrealistic.

ANNOUNCE_ATRIUM_DESTABILIZING =
    {
        "The dead shall rise.",
        "The beasts are coming.",
        "Death is coming for us.",

Sounds like a very big attack from Them

STALKER_ATRIUM = "Do you mourn, too?",

What is he sad about? Was it how they fell?

2 hours ago, The Curator said:

If the Clockworks were with the ancients then it makes no sense why they are damaged. They do not fight with anything in the Ruins, not even nightmares, so there is absolutely no other known source for them to have fought with other then the ancients.

The magic the ancients use is mostly utility, not offensive, and their bodies are not even located in the Ruins. Their remains are scattered across the caves as fossil fuels. They were potentially driven out seeing as their only real equipment was basic Thulecite armaments, and the clockworks could have swarmed them. Especially if they were already being addled by nightmares, which ignore the clockworks.

Even if the ancients were given forbidden knowledge, it still does not make sense why the clockworks were at least not outfitted with Thulecite for better equipment. And the ancients, are ancient, it would be illogical for the shadows in the past to be able to give them technological knowledge which even in the present is still unrealistic.

They were Gods, they were all knowing. The clockworks could have been theirs, they did fight the shadows but got overwhelmed by the fuel, thus the broken clockworks all over the military biomes, since that was the battlegrounds. Only broken relics in villages because they didn't stand a chance.

3 minutes ago, Spaartan said:

They were Gods, they were all knowing.

The clockworks could have been theirs, they did fight the shadows but got overwhelmed by the fuel, thus the broken clockworks all over the military biomes, since that was the battlegrounds.

Only broken relics in villages because they didn't stand a chance.

Baseless speculation.

Still ignoring all the original points explaining how the clockworks make no sense in affiliation to the ancients and; the clockworks do not fight with the shadows. They completely ignore each other. There is no evidence or reason to assume they ever would have, if they do not now. It could be interpreted that the clockworks were possessed to turn against the ancients, however that still does not explain how out of place the clockworks are to begin with. And while clockworks in Ruins show no real signs of being possessed.

The existence of shadow versions of the clockworks is an interesting connection, however it is completely ambiguous at the moment and has no definitive connections to anything else in the lore.

23 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Baseless speculation.

Still ignoring all the original points explaining how the clockworks make no sense in affiliation to the ancients and; the clockworks do not fight with the shadows. They completely ignore each other. There is no evidence or reason to assume they ever would have, if they do not now. It could be interpreted that the clockworks were possessed to turn against the ancients, however that still does not explain how out of place the clockworks are to begin with. And while clockworks in Ruins show no real signs of being possessed.

The existence of shadow versions of the clockworks is an interesting connection, however it is completely ambiguous at the moment and has no definitive connections to anything else in the lore.

The clockworks were corrupted by the fuel and that could have broken down their reasoning, also we know how the fuel affects the mind, doing anything from magic to desires, from armors to swords, it probably could change the programming of a machine .(Why is it bold?) Also Maxwell did rediscover and recreate them and they look the same as the ones in the ruins since it came from the same source, Them. Maxwell couldn't have introduced it to them since "They were already dead when I got here" (I think)

Check 1:34 please (Now it is not bold?)
Edited by Spaartan
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, LePietatoLord said:

Why haven't we been talking about the Ancient Guardian? He is obviously very important due to Maxwell's connection with him, and how he even drops the key when killed. One of Maxwell's quotes says that the guardian was changed due to the nightmare fuel.

What if the guardian was like a literal guardian guarding the ancient key? The guardian could've been humanoid before it was changed, but it still kept its purpose as it was changed from the nightmare fuel. 

When Maxwell observers the white or black rook trinket, he says "It is still beholden to the king". This could be reflected in the DST world, the chess pieces have some sort of leader, we just are not sure who it is. This could be Maxwell, Charlie, or someone else. I doubt it is the fuelweaver.

UPDATE: I put nightlights near the portal, but when I lit them up, instead of the light centering around them, it increased the portals glow. This might just be the way I placed them or something else however.

Edited by Tylordian

1 hour ago, LePietatoLord said:

Does anyone else notice how the Ancient Guardian looks like a Clockwork Rook?

I don't think the Guardian looks like the Rook, I think it is the other way around. I think that Maxwell designed the rooks after the guardian, as the exact same in anatomy and features. The shadow chess-piece rook is also is very similar. I think the shadow chess-piece rook has something to do with the ancient guardian, maybe a nightmare fuel transformation or Charlie using the guardian as a base.

(Also, the guardian and clockwork rook even have the same teeth, ears, eyes, and feet! Supporting the fact that Maxwell based the Rook off of the Guardian. Look closely at the rooks and guardians feet, they are the exact same, pixel by pixel.)

shadowrook.png

Clockwork_Rook.png

guardian.png

Edited by Tylordian
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Tylordian said:

When Maxwell observers the white or black rook trinket, he says "It is still beholden to the king". This could be reflected in the DST world, the chess pieces have some sort of leader, we just are not sure who it is. This could be Maxwell, Charlie, or someone else. I doubt it is the fuelweaver.

There's no hidden lore in this quote, it's just a chess joke. Maxwell used to be the "king" of the DS world, and he made a lot of chess-themed stuff.

Edited by JellyUltra
  • Like 5

On 3/23/2017 at 4:25 AM, Instant-Noodles said:

Ancient Fuelweaver (Control / Gate / Shield / Spike / Taunt + Battlecry Strings)

Hide contents

stalker_atrium_control.gif stalker_atrium_gate.gif stalker_atrium_shield.gif stalker_atrium_spike.gif stalker_atrium_taunt.gif

Battlecry Strings:

STALKER_ATRIUM_BATTLECRY = 
    {
        "A pity.",
        "You will not suffer.",
        "It must be this way.",
        "My world... threadbare.",
        "My city... in tatters...",
        "This will be quick.",
        "How we've fallen."
    },
    STALKER_ATRIUM_PLAYER_BATTLECRY =
    {
        "You will fall as we did.",
        "This is for the best.",
        "You will be unraveled.",
        "They are coming. It cannot be stopped.",
        "This world's fabric is frayed and torn.",
        "They are unfathomable.",
        "I will save you."
    },

Woven Shadow (Eaten / Hit / Idle / Spawn / Walk)

Hide contents

stalker_minion_eaten.gif stalker_minion_hit.gif stalker_minion_idle.gif stalker_minion_spawn.gif stalker_minion_walk.gif

stalker_minion2_eaten.gif stalker_minion2_hit.gif stalker_minion2_idle.gif stalker_minion2_spawn.gif stalker_minion2_walk.gif

Unseen Hand (Appear / Disappear / Idle)

Hide contents

shadow_channeler_appear.gif shadow_channeler_disappear.gif shadow_channeler_idle.gif

Fossil Cage (Appear / Impact)

Hide contents

fossil_spike2_appear.gif fossil_spike2_impact.gif

Shadow Shield

Hide contents

stalker_shield.gif stalker_shield2.gif stalker_shield3.gif

Atrium Floor

Hide contents

atrium_floor.png

Ancient Gateway - New Animations (Cooldown / Pulse)

Hide contents

atrium_gate_cooldown.gif atrium_gate_overloadpulse.gif 

EDIT:  Whoops... missed a few animations:

Ancient Fuelweaver (Death)

Hide contents

stalker_atrium_death.gif

Shadow Mind Control (Appear / Disappear / SFX)

Hide contents

mind_control_appear.gif mind_control_disappear.gif phd_mind_control_fx.gif

I think that you are missing the animations for the Shadow Thurible and also wanted to thank you as well for all the posts with the corresponding animations for every single ANR update!

201504_1143_abfih_sm.jpg

also a random question... have you considered taking up the job of making a general post with all the ANR content?? That would be really awesome

Edited by FreyaMaluk
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

idk if some has noticed, but the Reanimated Skeleton sometimes do not follow you when you have the Shadow Thurible even if you are in close proximity...

Is this a bug?? 

That happened to me too.I think that is a bug  (pss Freya, its me! flavio02)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I think that you are missing the animations for the Shadow Thurible and also wanted to thank you as well for all the posts with the corresponding animations for every single ANR update!

201504_1143_abfih_sm.jpg

also a random question... have you considered taking up the job of making a general post with all the ANR content?? That would be really awesome

No problem; happy to share them.  The Shadow Thurible was actually released three patches prior to this one.  You can find that animation in this post:

And regarding the general post, @AnonymousKoala is already doing (/ going to finish) that in their update log here.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Instant-Noodles said:

No problem; happy to share them.  The Shadow Thurible was actually released three patches prior to this one.  You can find that animation in this post:

And regarding the general post, @AnonymousKoala is already doing (/ going to finish) that in their update log here.

Ty :) 

I was a bit confused since the patch notes do not mention the inclusion at all!

and the post by @AnonymousKoala is not getting updated... That's why I'm asking!

3 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Ty :) 

I was a bit confused since the patch notes do not mention the inclusion at all!

and the post by @AnonymousKoala is not getting updated... That's why I'm asking!

I'm actually interested in the franchise again and will have a good amount of free time soon(In two days or so), so expect an update soon. potentially adding the art I planned to add a while ago, alongside additions from the last 2 updates(The log is updated up until before them, right?).

• Like 2