[Game Update] - 210794

1 minute ago, Collic said:

At the same time though, removing that just adds needless micromanagement. I think they should have left it in.

The whole game is needless micromanagement. That's what makes it fun.

2 minutes ago, Collic said:

At the same time though, removing that just adds needless micromanagement. I think they should have left it in.

Well, long term plan-wise, I would think they wouldn't want Hatches eating out of containers simply because you need a way to keep your materials in your base safe. Gives sweeping materials into containers a bit more purpose!

2 minutes ago, Risu said:

To an extent yes, but this isn't setting up a system, it's just fiddling with the settings of a container. For me the fun is setting up machinery, base building and other stuff.

Edit: As also mentioned it does mean you can do this to keep things safe i guess. perhaps it was needed. It's just a minor gripe anyway.

Edited by Collic

Just now, Risu said:

Though some people may find fun in micromanagement or repetitive tasks, it should not be enforced imho.

39 minutes ago, Vilda said:

Pools of polluted water though still generate infinite amount of p oxygen with disregard for pressure.

Looks like that liquid to gas conversion do not affected by pressure is intended. At least on current stage.

3 minutes ago, Profitz said:

Looks like that liquid to gas conversion do not affected by pressure is intended. At least on current stage.

But there is no conversion going on. It spawns it indefinitely and does not lose volume. Slime does and I think that one is affected by the air pressure, seen it inert in high polluted oxygen areas

12 minutes ago, Vilda said:

But there is no conversion going on. It spawns it indefinitely and does not lose volume. Slime does and I think that one is affected by the air pressure, seen it inert in high polluted oxygen areas

As I see it:

Geyser spawns clean water -> clean water become polluted because of contact with large body of polluted water geyser submerged in -> then polluted water converts its mass to polluted oxygen -> water pressure on geyser tile drops -> back to step one.

Tried to recreate what’s on your screenshot - you right, its weird

Edited by Profitz

1 minute ago, Vilda said:

Slime stops emitting at 1.8kg. Pretty sure the contamination occurs over on the simulator side. A bit harder to locate.

7 minutes ago, Profitz said:

As I see it:

Geyser spawns clean water -> clean water become polluted because of contact with large body of polluted water geyser submerged in -> then polluted water converts its mass to polluted oxygen -> water pressure on geyser tile drops -> back to step one.

But none of that happens ingame is that a feature you would like?

Water does not became polluted now, those two just don't mix. Polluted water emits polluted oxygen but does not loose mass while doing so.

Edited by Vilda

1 hour ago, Cheerio said:

thimble reeds should properly grow when submerged and be stifled when exposed

It's nowhere near water and happily growing. Left side is old construction, the most right one constructed with this patch.

20170321205409_1.jpg

7 minutes ago, Risu said:

Slime stops emitting at 1.8kg. Pretty sure the contamination occurs over on the simulator side. A bit harder to locate.

A-ha - it does it like other things - a batch job. That's why I was seeing emits 0.0 .

7 minutes ago, Vilda said:

Water does not became polluted now, those two just don't mix. Polluted water emits polluted oxygen but does not loose mass while doing so.

Won’t argue about clean to polluted conversion never test it directly probably was fooled by visual representation seen when liquids come in contact but on second I don’t agree if you put some small amount of polluted water into the enclosed room with cleen oxygen you will see that amount of p.water decreases with each pocket of p.oxygen it creates.

1 minute ago, Vilda said:

A-ha - it does it like other things - a batch job. That's why I was seeing emits 0.0 .

If you're seeing it all at once that'd make sense. The simulator tells the game where to make some visual effects.
Don't know what it was doing over there but it's saying something.

1 hour ago, Vilda said:

They don't seem to be eating from containers anymore

Hopefully just a bug. Because if that is the only problem, then you can still load up the compactor, uncheck the Sandstone (or whatever you want to feed the Hatch) and it will drop the content to the floor. The Hatch can simply take it from there.

1 hour ago, PickPay said:

When you click to select content of Compactors its not registered, you have to click multiple times and other odd reaction. Others are having this annoying issue, I thought everyone did...

I certainly have trouble clicking on Compactor selection lists - and I know of at least one YouTuber who hates them for this reason

Taking a glance at the new numbers for Blossoms/Fertiliser Maker and other things, looks pretty good overall, esp the fact that Blossoms require a lower temp now. It's not quite as easy to sustain as just using Outhouses + Composts (you need slightly more Fertiliser per day per dupe then that provides), but that will get you most of the way, and you can make up the rest with Fertiliser Maker (create dirty water with Shower or Lavatory). Or, it is feasible to just use the Fertiliser Maker, but it takes a little more power (and you need Lavatories then for extra water). 

Might still need more tweaking later down the line to get it perfect, but it's a FAR healthier place overall then it was in either of the two previous updates (either insanely unsustainable originally or trivially easy in the last one). Very happy to see these changes, and it's good to see Blossoms requiring a little more effort then Mealwood (therefore making Mealwood not renew actually have a point to allow Mealwood to be the 'intro' food for beginners and then you are forced to transition into slightly more complicated farming).