can we get some oxygen suits please

I'm tired of my dupes always running away before finishing the job in unbreathable area's, for example when I'm building a gas pump or water pump. 

can the developers add something like a spacesuit or any gas masks or something? I know the whole point of the game is that we need to survive and all. but for some tasks, my dupes can't really last long without having to run all the way back from an airtight space just for air.

1 hour ago, ImDaMisterL said:

In the translation files there are strings related to an "Exosuit", it might be a planned upcoming feature! :)

I dunno, the name kinda scares me. It brings me back to that episode  of "my life as a teenage robot" when Jenny wears a "Human/ragdoll" suit. Maybe we'll get some eldritch space horror in the future?

13 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Maybe we'll get some eldritch space horror in the future?

Reaching the surface = 100 Stress instantly & total madness?

4 minutes ago, DuraLex said:

Maybe a suit to work in high temperatures?

NBC Suits! and also more nuclear related stuff, please!

Officially these don't exist yet, but it just might be justified to be a bit optimistic to this feature :)

(Warning: What follows is from patching the game to enable unreleased content.  These things will most likely change, and may potentially not even be there at all.  It's fun to peek behind the curtains, but its not real until it gets released.  If you try this at home, make sure to revert the changes before playing normally, and never report bugs or crashes with a patched game.)

I went spelunking into the game dll the other day to find out more about the worldgen rivers, and ended up getting sidetracked down a rabbit hole that ended thusly:

5856E47D686C0A3C29BDCE0BE3535EAB1CDA112C

D0B2FFBE20BA6154CE29BE1A80E95CD0A504B8FD

There is also an entry for a temperature suit, although it didn't show up, probably due to a typo on my part. The AtmoSuit did print (or... mush?), but I couldn't assign it to anyone.  Seems to be tied into an additional ui feature (regions?) that are likewise disabled.

They seem to be set up to function as you would expect a space suit and scuba suit to work: providing oxygen, insulation, and further distance walked in water.

Archived