Air Purifier

LiquidOxygenGenerator.JPG

I've made an air-conditioner based air de-contaminator that does not require sand. The concept is simple:

- You want to have an air feedback so you can use the minimum number of thermo regulators to save on power.

- But you should'nt overcool the air, which tends to happen when you plug the outputs of the AC to the inputs.

- The solution is to output using a vent over a long and narrow well. If the air is cold enough, it will become liquid oxygen that falls straight through the well. If the air is not cold enough, it will get sucked back into the system via the air pump below.

- The air pump also prevents contaminated oxygen from leaking into your base via negative air pressure.

- Batteries below to catch the liquid oxygen and rapidly reheat them back into gaseous oxygen.

I've gotten a pretty constant drip of liquid oxygen with this setup. Lemme know what you think!

34 minutes ago, kambing said:

I've gotten a pretty constant drip of liquid oxygen with this setup. Lemme know what you think!

It's pretty neat, but you can additionally optimize it by dripping liquid oxygen on air-conditioners. They run pretty hot, with higher temperatures, than batteries (since they have to suck all this energy from the gas in the first place).

14 minutes ago, Guest_EG said:

It's pretty neat, but you can additionally optimize it by dripping liquid oxygen on air-conditioners. They run pretty hot, with higher temperatures, than batteries (since they have to suck all this energy from the gas in the first place).

Not really, if you want oxygen in your base and air conditioners outside or insulated because they heat their surroundings.

1 hour ago, Vilda said:

Not really, if you want oxygen in your base and air conditioners outside or insulated because they heat their surroundings.

Batteries heat their surroundings too. After all you may just collect fresh oxygen from the place of boiling by gas pump and then transfer it to where you need it via air ducts. It wouldn't gather heat from air coolers (if you use them as boilers for liquid gas) fast enough for it to become a problem. Or you may just put another cooler in chain before sending oxygen to vents throughout the colony.

10 hours ago, kambing said:

I've made an air-conditioner based air de-contaminator that does not require sand. The concept is simple:

- You want to have an air feedback so you can use the minimum number of thermo regulators to save on power.

- But you should'nt overcool the air, which tends to happen when you plug the outputs of the AC to the inputs.

- The solution is to output using a vent over a long and narrow well. If the air is cold enough, it will become liquid oxygen that falls straight through the well. If the air is not cold enough, it will get sucked back into the system via the air pump below.

- The air pump also prevents contaminated oxygen from leaking into your base via negative air pressure.

- Batteries below to catch the liquid oxygen and rapidly reheat them back into gaseous oxygen.

Could you post the same screenshot with the "Gaz Plumbing Overlay" please? :)

I'd like to do the same thing instead of my contaminated oxygen source will be from a closed room with a lot of morb.

13 hours ago, kambing said:

If you suck in contaminated oxygen, how do you clean it? how does this works? Doest if let the contamination behind when it gets liquid?

26 minutes ago, _PYRO42_ said:

If you suck in contaminated oxygen, how do you clean it? how does this works? Doest if let the contamination behind when it gets liquid?

It works by exploiting the lack of "liquid contaminated oxygen" so contaminated oxygen turns into liquid oxygen then turns into oxygen.

I've tried a similar setup but doesn't work correctly as each transfer between thermo-regulators destroys oxygen.

gasplumbing.JPG

GasTemperature.JPG

As promised, here is my plumbing and temperature view. my contaminated oxygen source has thinned somewhat and so the liquid oxygen production is no longer constant. But you can see some residue of the effect with the cool air under my catchment batteries, the oxygen is at about 17C. Morb farms sound like it would be a great match to this though. and the thermos could be laid out in a row to boil contaminated water for some double cleaning power. But from what I feel, the rate of oxygen production from this method is still not enough for the number of dupes needed to run generators to power the whole setup :p

3 minutes ago, Risu said:

You wouldn't want Morbs anywhere near that setup. Either gonna burn to death or freeze to death which isn't very productive.

You can just put the morbs in a container in your base and pump all the contaminated oxygen out to the purifier. You have to use a pump anyways.

ok ive added a 7th air conditioner to speed up the liquid oxygen generation and now half my base has turned into a frozen wasteland, with all my plants dying lol. Perhaps it is wise to heat up the oxygen using the thermos themselves after all :p

I'm gonna keep refining this build

Archived