I need a challenge.

Well I'm one of those guys that hate themselves and I need you guys to suggest bizarre challenges.

RULES

None of that no food only revival.

No Wes (tried unlocking via adventure mode five times and failed).

Can't just make things like bees lots and call it a challenge.

Actually think about it.

No mods.

Prefer Webber based challenges 

No lights out

EXAMPLES 

Weird weather(short random seasons)

Ogre(swamp base)

Anti-butcher(no eating meat)

Numbskull(no science machine)

Grown up(no such thing as magic)

So give me some suggestions. Make me suffer

3 hours ago, DimWhat said:

No Wes (tried unlocking via adventure mode five times and failed).

you could just do console we all know that getting the set piece to spawn is unpleasant at best

I propose one ruins challege you have twelve days too get all you need to survive in the caves no surfacing you only get a grace period if you can not find a cave spot but your not allowed to do anything but look for the cave spot during the grace period.

@BluesyBuesy did a run of this on the forums with a shorter stock period you can look at his videos for preparation

or Outcast where you survive a year without using webbers befriend abilty

there was a challege thread a while back i belive it is still active you can look there if these two don't sound any good.

As many as you like:

• Spoiled food diet (red, not stale yellow) preferably with Wickerbottom
  • Birchnut diet, trail mix ok
  • No crock pot
  • Mushroom diet (harder: only raw) (easier: 4 in crock pot ok)
  • Red mushroom diet, only raw or cooked
  • Webber pig skin/bunny puff/tentacle spots diet
  • WX-78 Spring start, more rain, more lightning, more frog rain, very long Spring, all other seasons very short
  • Blueprints only
  • No crafting with Flint
  • No crafting with Twigs
  • Find optimal dimensions for "open" (not completely enclosed) Beefalo pen with a low maintenance way to manage overpopulation (e.g. strays constantly removed, using horn to lure into attached fire farm enclosure)

21 minutes ago, HamBatter said:

As many as you like:

• Spoiled food diet (red, not stale yellow) preferably with Wickerbottom
  • Birchnut diet, trail mix ok
  • No crock pot
  • Mushroom diet (harder: only raw) (easier: 4 in crock pot ok)
  • Red mushroom diet, only raw or cooked
  • Webber pig skin/bunny puff/tentacle spots diet
  • WX-78 Spring start, more rain, more lightning, more frog rain, very long Spring, all other seasons very short
  • Blueprints only
  • No crafting with Flint
  • No crafting with Twigs
  • Find optimal dimensions for "open" (not completely enclosed) Beefalo pen with a low maintenance way to manage overpopulation (e.g. strays constantly removed, using horn to lure into attached fire farm enclosure)

THE NO TWIGS ONE SCARES EVEN I THE EVIL OVERLORD!

4 minutes ago, TentacleStew said:

I don't see why you don't keep trying to unlock wes, doesn't failing the challenge at any stage instantly bring you back to the gate with no consequence?

I finally unlocked him. IN A LEGIT WAY!

I found a page with lots of challenges I'll list them here then give the website if you'd rather look at the original post:

Challenge No. 1: Sparse
Challenge Difficulty: Not Too hard
Character Requirement: Random

In the World Preset, set everything to less and the seasons to very short.

In this world, everything is limited, so you should use your resources carefully and depending on the character, wisely. I suggest making tree farms and berry farms soon, and building pig houses for fertilizer.

Challenge No. 2: Darkness
Challenge Difficulty: HARD
Character Requirement: Willow/TheFireStarter

In the World Preset set the Day Option to "Night Only"
You can do whatever you want with the other options.

To cut down trees when in the dark, DO NOT equipped your axe, you must drag it from your inventory bar to the tree. Be very quick! Once you are done, equipped your light quickly!

MAC: Mac users must set their mouse to secondary button in the System Preferences application!

Challenge No. 3: Insanity
Challenge Difficulty: EXTREMELY HARD
Character Requirement: WX78/The Soulless Automon

In the World Preset, go to Day and select "Day Only", rain will be selected as "Lots" (don't worry, you don't loose damage too fast), lightning will also be selected as "Lots", flowers are also selected "Lots".

You will not loose damage too fast from the rain (-1 every 3 seconds), but your sanity will slowly decrease. The lightning will make your sanity decrease drastically, but it will make your health go back up to 100. The flowers are there to help you, but your sanity will be 0 most of the time.

Challenge No. 4: Frostbite
Challenge Difficulty: ULTRA HARD
Character Requirement: Willow/TheFireStarter

In the World Preset, set the season to "Only Winter". If you want to make it easier for yourself, you can put "Only Day" if you want.

You can barely go anywhere without freezing to death, you can use Willow's lighter to set stuff on fire to keep warm, but it will most likely start a forest fire.

Challenge No. 5: Chaos
Challenge Difficulty: OVER 9000!
Character Requirement: Wendy/The Bereaved or Wolfgang/TheStrongMan
(Reign Of Giants DLC recommended!)

In the World Preset, all creatures that will attack you must be selected to "Lots", Day must be selected to "Dusk Only".

When I played this, I couldn't even get passed Day 1! But I had the Reign Of Giants DLC on, so that DLC is definitely recommended or else it will probably will not be as hard.

Challenge No. 6: Limbo
Challenge Difficulty: LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE
Character Requirment: Any

Everything is set to NONE...

This is impossible to survive! There are no resources anywhere, only some trees near special things.

there's a mod call "eat your veggies" from joeshmocoolstuff (at least i've discover it from him) that allows you to eat only a specific menu (and food only once) before you can eat anything else. It's very cool and I plan to try.

Thanks to the dev

On 4/17/2017 at 0:12 PM, Jade Wolfe said:
Challenge No. 5: Chaos
Challenge Difficulty: OVER 9000!
Character Requirement: Wendy/The Bereaved or Wolfgang/TheStrongMan
(Reign Of Giants DLC recommended!)

In the World Preset, all creatures that will attack you must be selected to "Lots", Day must be selected to "Dusk Only".

When I played this, I couldn't even get passed Day 1! But I had the Reign Of Giants DLC on, so that DLC is definitely recommended or else it will probably will not be as hard.

This is easy, really easy

On 4/17/2017 at 4:59 PM, b1b3r0n said:

there's a mod call "eat your veggies" from joeshmocoolstuff (at least i've discover it from him) that allows you to eat only a specific menu (and food only once) before you can eat anything else. It's very cool and I plan to try.

No mods! :p

3 hours ago, b1b3r0n said:

It's not a "mod" it does not change the game in any way, it's a "menu", but sorry, i have miss the line!

A menu is a mod, though : p

You can only eat specific things, and you have to eat them? Yeah, sounds like a mod, haha.

On 2017-2-23 at 3:25 AM, DimWhat said:

So give me some suggestions. Make me suffer

Desert Experience:

The idea is that you must replicate the experience of being stranded in a desert. So when you spawn, you have 5 days to find a desert and prepare. After that, you cannot step out of the desert biome.

Also, either set seasons for Autumn and Summer,getting rid of Winter and Spring (cause it wouldn't snow and it wouldn't rain a lot in a desert).

If you wanna go extreme, make it endless Summer. 

(I made an edit, I forgot this was the Singleplayer forum)

Archived