Base Design - The Most Overlooked Element in DST

6 hours ago, Electroely said:

Also, did you draw that pic Arlesienne? It looks awesome.

I know, right?!  That is friggin' adorable!

...although I still don't want to base in a place that goes _squish_ every time I walk anywhere... : P  NEAR the swamp, though, sure.

I especially love the lumpy evergreen in that picture.  Actually I like them in game too.  They're like..._fancier_ than the normal pine trees!

...Notorious

9 hours ago, Electroely said:

But... bunny men are one of the more efficient food sources in the game...

Tentacle farms are pretty useful for farming pretty much everything. They'll attack anything that comes near them. And they don't eat anything. They do require a wickerbottom for maintenance, though. So if you are one I'd suggest farming merms, spiders and pigs with tentacles. Bunny men will probably wreck the tentacles. 

Also, did you draw that pic Arlesienne? It looks awesome.

As Leliana said, I am a woman and I reserve the right to be inconsistent - bunnymen creep me out and trigger all the memories of abusive vegans at my young friend's school. I just can't work with them.

Typically, since I settle somewhere close to the swamp, I get things like fish, frog legs and of course monster meat on a regular basis, so my diet for food typically uses meatballs and bacon and eggs (meatballs with one monster meat if just in need of hunger, bacon and eggs for moderate healing, pierogi for real healing and other dishes for sanity). I don't necessarily need big meat that bunnymen provide, most of it goes into jerky and sometimes - after getting a steady supply of 0,5 meaty foodstuffs, which are plentiful in the swamps, small jerky is not a bad option either - into people's hambats. I don't eat cooked meat myself unless there's no other option and I'm below 10 hunger. I leave that for people's hambats or those Wolfgang mains needing meaty stews.

And yes, it's my doodle, but regrettably it's anything but awesome.

2 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

I know, right?!  That is friggin' adorable!

...although I still don't want to base in a place that goes _squish_ every time I walk anywhere... : P  NEAR the swamp, though, sure.

I especially love the lumpy evergreen in that picture.  Actually I like them in game too.  They're like..._fancier_ than the normal pine trees!

...Notorious

Thank you very much. You guys are too kind.

13 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

Memories of abusive vegans at my young friend's school.

Damn vegans.
Hey, look, my organism lacks elementary stuff because I eat animal-gluten-crap-free meals aka ice cubes! I'm so cool and healthy and I know everything about biology!

It's just like all those people saying that they use only natural substances and the ones artificially created in labs are dangerous bullsheet and will give you cancer and autism.

10 minutes ago, Electroely said:

Joke is that not only being vegan is unhealthy, but even plants eat meat! (Not all plants but you get my point)

9 minutes ago, Maslak said:

Yeah. I can understand vegetarians and I respect their decisions, but vegans is a whole new level of stupidity. Well, natural selection at its finest, I guess.

what fun to start reading a thread about base design only to find out people think one's life decisions are 'unhealthy' and 'stupid'.

1 hour ago, JimmyJam said:

I am only posting this because i know it will drive a lot of people crazy :p I am really bad at keep my camps clean...

*Picture of base*

I'd like to offer my clean up services ;-;

Spoiler

20170221172311_1.jpg 

Archived