Chlorine?

I accidentally burst a chlorine bubble and it invaded my base. Since there's really no way to use it right now, and the only way to move it is with a gas pump (which doesn't work atm iirc), then wouldn't that usually mean an almost instant game over if your base gets flooded with chlorine? Anyone have any experiences with it?

Just now, _midnightrain_ said:

Well... you cold also trap a morb, and put your chlorine in. It will make out of 1kg chlorine about 9.5kg contaminated oxygen. Afterwards you purify the oxygen and you made breathable air out of poison.

Though that kind of requires you to trap it in the first place. At the moment, there's no way to lead any mobs to other locations afaik. Though, that's a really interesting point though. It at least makes chlorines ever so slightly usable. 

57 minutes ago, Czeraphine said:

Though that kind of requires you to trap it in the first place. At the moment, there's no way to lead any mobs to other locations afaik. Though, that's a really interesting point though. It at least makes chlorines ever so slightly usable. 

If they already consumized their chlorine, you can bait them with your chlorine to go to a location at which you want them.

Edit: But real traps to relocate those creature would be nice. Or that water purification thing that you mentioned.

Overall I really hope they make some changes to the different gases.

Knowing how dangerous Hydrogen can be I was really shocked when some of it managed to sneak up near my coal generators...only to find out nothing really happens. Same with chlorine. It's basically the same as Co2 at the moment only you can't "Use" it for anything.

2 hours ago, Risu said:

Might be a bit morbid, but if you send one of your dups into the chlorine, let em die, then ignore the corpse, a Morb will spawn from it and hang around.

That's what I'd do. Might be cold hearted but hey, they are duplicates and not real people for a reason :D

On 2/17/2017 at 4:09 AM, Czeraphine said:

I accidentally burst a chlorine bubble and it invaded my base. Since there's really no way to use it right now, and the only way to move it is with a gas pump (which doesn't work atm iirc), then wouldn't that usually mean an almost instant game over if your base gets flooded with chlorine? Anyone have any experiences with it?

You could liquefy it with a set of thermoregulators. And pumps, afaik, work - just sometimes they bug out so you have to rebuild them

On 18/02/2017 at 0:33 AM, _midnightrain_ said:

Yeah... those little guys seem quite useful

I'm not so sure they are. I locked one in a room with some slime and about 2000g of contaminated oxygen. When I had a look at it later it had converted all the contaminated oxygen and slime into clean oxygen. But the mass was a lot less at about 800g. I think it might be more efficient to liquefy contaminated oxygen instead. As that turns it into clean oxygen.

This is the result of pumping -270C hydrogen into contaminated oxygen:

70A0203CE8B3A7CE1FD801C667C32210890E1C37

20 hours ago, DockLazy said:

I'm not so sure they are. I locked one in a room with some slime and about 2000g of contaminated oxygen. When I had a look at it later it had converted all the contaminated oxygen and slime into clean oxygen. But the mass was a lot less at about 800g. I think it might be more efficient to liquefy contaminated oxygen instead. As that turns it into clean oxygen.

This is the result of pumping -270C hydrogen into contaminated oxygen:

Well... I didn't now about that, now I have to try!

I Used Debug to trap a a handful of the morbs and 3 puffs.

I made a bit of a system using them, mobs tansform all the none useful gas (chlorine ) into Can. O2 then the puffs to turn it into slime and O2.

Two observations; one, puffs can totally open doors of any kind so they both need to be penned in with the gas tiles.

Two, puffs are fragile litte buggers that need to be kept above 29C or they die rather quickly. 

But a pen that has one space high for morbs one row of gas tiles then two spaces for dups, then two alternating rows of tiles so you can collect the slime that drops seems to work. Rig up a pump that pumps in all the chlorine and Con. O2 back into the pen set up a double door air lock or even better a U bend filled with water to trap the gas is even better. (As I wrote this I realized I could use this to trap the puffs with no gas tiles because they can't swim)

Would take a litte work to set up and very difficult to do with Debug but it seems to give me an near endless supply of slime and fresh O2 out of a (currently usless) gas. (By difficult I mean i spent almost 12 hours tring to rig it up with some serious save scuming abuse)

Archived