So, i tried doing art

To explain myself first, i'm not an artist, i don't create art every day, i don't even draw that often, i have few friends artists who encouraged me to draw something, and i figured "Hey, i really like this game, it shouldn't be that hard to draw, right?"

So i made this, tell me what you think about it? I drew this with a mouse

https://gyazo.com/4c1ecdb185263b87b90aac8d2cb489dc

Hey, that's awesome! And I draw like ALL my computer-artwork with a mouse...and also MSPaint.  : P 

Although, I really hate the new(er) MSPaint--you can't do proper solid bucket-fills anymore!  It leaves the stupid little dithered pixels and non-solid lines everywhere, when the thing I like about Paint is its clean crispness!

So I downloaded an old copy of PaintXP made to work on 64-bit Windows and it works great. :D  Paint is FOR nice smooth areas of colour and plain lines, as far as I'm concerned.  The way you make it look nicer is by adding your _own_ shading, by simply darkening or lightening the existing colour and then putting the desired amount of it on the side of the object you want to look shaded or highlighted.  :)

...Notorious

On 11/12/2016 at 10:50 PM, CaptainChaotica said:

Although, I really hate the new(er) MSPaint--you can't do proper solid bucket-fills anymore!  It leaves the stupid little dithered pixels and non-solid lines everywhere, when the thing I like about Paint is its clean crispness!

Is there a tolerance slider? Because if you get stray white pixels around the line work, it might mean that your bucket's tolerance is too low to pick up on those extra pixels. I dunno if MSPaint actually has that, but it's worth the look.

Archived