Wtf, what do I find? Everyone's Rose Set?

I love these skins, BUT...
I have to say, the whole "regional exclusive" thing is obnoxious...
I can understand, say, items for participating in early access or betas or what-have-you because of helping with the development, but PAX skins and skins given to people for buying the game through a regional provider?
That's, in my opinion, asinine. Not that it matters what I think, but I do think it.

6 hours ago, Kisabird said:

I can understand, say, items for participating in early access or betas or what-have-you because of helping with the development, but PAX skins and skins given to people for buying the game through a regional provider?
That's, in my opinion, asinine. Not that it matters what I think, but I do think it.

I was browsing the Steam Market today, and the PAX skins showed up on there, so at least they're marketable.

7 hours ago, Kisabird said:

That's, in my opinion, asinine. Not that it matters what I think, but I do think it. (Klei listens to feedback, everyone has a say in the matter :))

Like @Archaous said, the PAX skins are marketable. You have access to them, just not through drops. Heck, the same thing is happening right now with the halloween skins; the costumes, more specifically. They're only dropping for the season of halloween, yet people still get to keep them afterward. They're tradeable and marketable just like the PAX skins, which I do think is completely fair. And the skins aren't "regional exclusive", they're "platform exclusive", if that makes any sense. Steam gets the formal collection, Tencent gets the rose collection, and PS4...well, sorry buddies. But yeah, I agree that console exclusives shouldn't be a thing. Everyone should have access to everything, despite which platform they're playing the game on.

The costumes just so no one gets confused with the event skins:

Spoiler

Elegant_Catty Costume Cap.pngElegant_Cheeky Chester.pngElegant_Hutch Head Disguise.pngElegant_Glommy Head Guise.pngElegant_Costume_Torch.png

Distinguished_Catty Costume.pngDistinguished_Cheeky Chester.pngDistinguished_Hutch Disguise.pngDistinguished_Glommy Guise.png 

1 hour ago, Chris1488 said:

Like @Archaous said, the PAX skins are marketable. You have access to them, just not through drops. Heck, the same thing is happening right now with the halloween skins; the costumes, more specifically. They're only dropping for the season of halloween, yet people still get to keep them afterward. They're tradeable and marketable just like the PAX skins, which I do think is completely fair. And the skins aren't "regional exclusive", they're "platform exclusive", if that makes any sense. Steam gets the formal collection, Tencent gets the rose collection, and PS4...well, sorry buddies. But yeah, I agree that console exclusives shouldn't be a thing. Everyone should have access to everything, despite which platform they're playing the game on.

Reveal hidden contents

Elegant_Catty Costume Cap.pngElegant_Cheeky Chester.pngElegant_Hutch Head Disguise.pngElegant_Glommy Head Guise.pngElegant_Costume_Torch.png

Distinguished_Catty Costume.pngDistinguished_Cheeky Chester.pngDistinguished_Hutch Disguise.pngDistinguished_Glommy Guise.png 

I would consider the platform that provides the game in China "regionally exclusive." Regardless of the terminology, I still disagree with the practice in general.

1 hour ago, Chris1488 said:

Hide contents

Do you happen to know if there is an increased chance at getting the Halloween drops, or if it's the same odds as getting anything else?

42 minutes ago, TheTraditionalGentleman said:

Do you happen to know if there is an increased chance at getting the Halloween drops, or if it's the same odds as getting anything else?

Based on what I've personally seen, it seems to be increased.

4 hours ago, TheTraditionalGentleman said:

I've also seen videos of people crafting the Halloween Top Hat skins in Trade Inn, even though they're Elegants which afaik are usually uncraftable.

2 hours ago, Archaous said:

I've also seen videos of people crafting the Halloween Top Hat skins in Trade Inn, even though they're Elegants which afaik are usually uncraftable.

No you can get elegant drops from the trade inn, a dev confirmed this on the stream where they showcased the trade inn so unless they switched it up you should be able to get elegants from the trade inn. 

4 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

No you can get elegant drops from the trade inn, a dev confirmed this on the stream where they showcased the trade inn so unless they switched it up you should be able to get elegants from the trade inn. 

Sooo... should @Arlesienne burn her commons and classies in the flaming pits of the trade inn?

2 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I did just that and ended up with the catty costume cap. I'd go give it a shot if you're feeling lucky because apparently these costume skins are only going to drop around the Halloween season.

I'm the walking definition of unlucky, especially today when Citizen X screwed my day up.

Archived