Change Wes and make it useful

Hey everyone!

I really love to play as Wes. When you're Wes - game feels so different. You have to be careful, tactical etc. But It's a little bit useless character as team player. At the same time - he's character for hardcore players. So he should stay hardcore character and get at least one (dubious) advantage.

So my suggestion is: increase chance to find Warg and Sheep when Wes is trying to find koalefant. Wes will be more hardcore and at the same time he could (kinda) provide team with steal wool,

/Regards

1 hour ago, BarovSoap said:

Wes is basically the "hard mode" character, quite a few people thought the game wasn't challenging enough while it was still in beta.

Thank you, that you repeated the same thing that I mentioned in my post. Thank you very much.

Oh, look, it's this thread again.

It's been explained hundreds of times - Wes is supposed to be bad and he's bound to stay like that.

I enjoy me some Wes from time to time and HOW WOULD I SHOW TO OTHERS THAT I'M FAR SUPERIOR THAN ALL OF THEM OTHERWISE? :^)

1 hour ago, PanAzej said:

Oh, look, it's this thread again.

It's been explained hundreds of times - Wes is supposed to be bad and he's bound to stay like that.

I enjoy me some Wes from time to time and HOW WOULD I SHOW TO OTHERS THAT I'M FAR SUPERIOR THAN ALL OF THEM OTHERWISE? :^)

Oh, look. Another guy who read only topic title XD

BarovSoap, can you repeat my second post please.

19 minutes ago, Apchi said:

Oh, look. Another guy who read only topic title XD

BarovSoap, can you repeat my second post please.

I've read it and you know, Ewecus is not that hard to kill. He spawns too rarely, but his drops are valuable (if you're into Beefalo taming), so you could get Brushes and War Saddles way too fast.

Warg is harder to beat, but it can be penned and used to farm teeth and gems. You can also lure a giant into him to do some initial damage. Or go to him during a Frog Rain.

Everything can be made useful, those changes don't make the game that much harder imo.

Edit:

Oh, also think about others. Wes is hardmode character, but with your changes you're making the game harder for other players, that maybe are not as experienced as Wes himself.

Sure thing, here you go!

Thank you, that you repeated the same thing that I mentioned in my post. Thank you very much.

And Wes has the ability of wearing a pretty badass shirt with stripes on it, most useful team asset if you ask me.

I've always looked at Wes as some character who in general is supposedto be more difficult. But his balloons could be a boon to him that could help out other characters and perhaps to himself. I would suggest having 1000 balloons on the server as max, but 100 in like a 50 turf radius or so for one. The other thing being that they deal more damage to mobs. Perhaps 25? Killing hounds would then require 4 - 6 hits, whilst with tooth traps it would require 2 - 3. So, even though the damage dealt is less than 50% the hits are about half (quite oddly enough). This would make him useful for getting rid of hostile mobs brought to bases early-game and perhaps even somewhat mid and late game (just needs bush hat) and it would just be an alternative to tooth traps and not just a decor or a pretty much last resort or simply a distraction.

So, whilst being hardcore to play as, Wes could bring in something pretty useful to the team. Some have even said he could have some healing attributes which he can provide for other players, but not himself. Anyway, take what you will from this.

8 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

This would make him useful for getting rid of hostile mobs brought to bases early-game and perhaps even somewhat mid and late game (just needs bush hat) and it would just be an alternative to tooth traps and not just a decor or a pretty much last resort or simply a distraction

If that happens, maybe some people would stop wasting their balloons and sanity to stop people from using a wardrobe or a tent lol

Archived