Barely any servers?

As title says, Anyone else having problems with DST server browser? I can only seem to see about 4 of 14 servers right now and when i refresh it changes a lot sometimes 300 servers sometimes 0 but there should be way more than 300. I was able to play fine last night. Any help please?

5 minutes ago, mathem99 said:

The game is having some technical difficulties the developers are trying to fix it.

A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation.

I'm glad to know it's not only me, thank you

10 minutes ago, mathem99 said:

In the meantime please enjoy this calm-age music:

No it's not elevator music the title is drunk.

Do you think I should delete my local game content or try reinstalling or something?

4 minutes ago, Vixnia said:

Do you think I should delete my local game content or try reinstalling or something?

No, no, no just wait patiently hopefully it won't take long. I'm sure (101% sure) tomorrow it will work smoothly!

7 minutes ago, mathem99 said:

No, no, no just wait patiently hopefully it won't take long. I'm sure (101% sure) tomorrow it will work smoothly!

Some servers even say 5/6 like people are connected to them but I can't connect to any server either.

10 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

I would wait. See if you can host.

Nope. I try to host and my game just closed before it could even finish loading.

Edit: I'm able to host I'm not sure what happened.

5 minutes ago, Vixnia said:

Nope. I try to host and my game just closed before it could even finish loading.

Oh, that's odd. Was there any update? I played last night. Everyone but one person could join and play. I would be disconnected if this one other player joined. It worked fine for us on a new world though.

I am not at the computer now, but will check when I am able to.

9 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

I know dedicated servers were having problem. Are they still having errors?

I tried entering the game today and saw I think only 8 servers on the search... but most of them were dedicated.

Checked for updates and nothing, I know some other people are having the same issue but then again I know some people are able to play just fine.

inb4, someone hacked the klei servers because [insert reason here] Grieving/Shipwrecked/dumb reason

@nome is not online on steam rn... he's the server wizard (as @JoeW said... as far as I know)

@PeterA might be awake and looking into this (not sure, but he is online in steam... maybe investigating the issue as we speak)

For now, let's all do our best to report... (and nome replies... nvm)

• Developer
6 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

@nome is not online on steam

I'm never online on steam. You can send me steam messages anyway, they'll go to my phone. That said, your fine moderators have a big red button to press in the event of issues like this which sounds the alarms and starts phoning everyone at the company until someone responds. Thanks to whichever one pushed it this time (sadly @Diabu did not add any mention of which moderator pushed said button, so thank you anonymous mod!)

• Developer
6 minutes ago, Asparagus said:

And here I was thinking that was a secret ;)

The existence of the button is not a secret, but only pre-approved people (forum moderators) can push it.

6 minutes ago, nome said:

The existence of the button is not a secret, but only pre-approved people (forum moderators) can push it.

The registration for the PS4 beta says a randomized selection of active players will be chosen, what does it mean by active players? How does it know who's active? Active on ps4?

7 minutes ago, mathem99 said:

(for some reason it got posted twice... strange?)

That would be in @JoeW's department...

6 minutes ago, nome said:

O__O

Can we have the button on display somewhere near the tabs where people can see it and marvel at its glory... and mock us when we can't push it? (hehehe)

• Developer
6 minutes ago, Vixnia said:

The registration for the PS4 beta says a randomized selection of active players will be chosen, what does it mean by active players? How does it know who's active? Active on ps4?

It would choose active PC DST players, but in phase 2, it seems like they were accepting everyone to try and get their hands on this BETA for testing purposes.

But I think this belongs here:

Archived