Survive the Shadows

Insanity.png

"We meant to tell him eventually, but when he found out… he got attacked by the shadows. They wanted him since he had my bloodline of magic. I stopped them, but he wasn’t really ever the same after that."

- Wickerbottom - Chapter 13: The Connection

Ah Edward, we plan on touching on this guy more, but without giving too much away, the attack that Wickerbottom mentioned did take a toll on him. Mainly... insanity did not treat him kindly.

• Like 6

Ed and Cecelia Sketch.png

An arranged marriage...

Cecelia sighed as she stalked the hallways of the Barlow Manner. She wasn't exactly happy about it... yet she saw it coming too. It happened to her sisters and even her brothers... Well, most of them.

Ah Emmett... His puns just have a way of keeping girls away from him.

She looked at herself in a mirror, scowling at the way her hair was done up along with some of the make up she had on. She hated it... It was just too... stiff. She undid the pins in her hair, letting it fall down her back, sighing in relief of pressure of the bun being gone. She also did away with the lipstick, wiping it off as quickly as she could. She looked in the mirror again, giving a small smile.

If I'm going to be forced into this, the person who is marrying me better know the real me... and the real me is not some... prize to be won or proper lady or some helpless house wife. If they don't like it, they can deal with it.

Cecelia's thoughts were interrupted when she heard the sound of piano music.

Odd... I don't think any of my sisters had practice today...

She followed the source to the main foyer, expecting to see one of her siblings. But to her surprise, she saw a young man at the grand piano that she didn't recognize. His hair was wild looking, yet combed back in a way that was proper. He was dressed in a simple suit, a green tie around his neck. He took no notice of Cecelia, he just kept his deep gray blue eyes on the piano keys, playing a simple melody, seeming to relax into it.

Cecelia made her way around to the staircase, curiosity in her eyes. She knew it wasn't one of the many servants they had, nor was it any of her siblings...

She made her way over quietly, coming up behind him.

"Excuse me? Sir?"

The man jumped a bit, his hands slamming on the keys by accident, interrupting the melody. He looked behind him, wide eyed.

"U-Uh I uh..." He stuttered. "I-I was just playing I-I promise I wasn't uh..."

Cecelia giggled a little, giving a gentle look.

"You're not in trouble Sir, I just wanted to compliment your piece. It sounded wonderful."

"O-Oh... Um... Thank you, Madam... I... Ehehe... I admit I just find music so fascinating... Piano being my favorite... Though honestly all kinds are great." He gave a sheepish grin. "Um... Who might you be?"

Cecelia gave a curtsy.

"Cecelia Barlow."

The man's eyes grew wide.

"O-Oh I... I see."

"And you are?"

He got up, giving a bow.

"E-Edward Higgsbury."

Now it was Cecelia's turn to be caught off guard.

This... is him? The man I'm being engaged to? He's... nothing like I excepted. He's not some... snobby rich man or... Whatever else I was thinking of? But... this? He's... He's skittish... and a little scrawny but... I... I have no words.

Edward gave another sheepish look.

"I know I'm not exactly erm... the best looking or whatever it is you're thinking but... I do want to make this work... or least try. We do have to get to know each other after all before anything is done. So... would you... give me the honor of trying?"

... And he's treating me gentlemanly...

Cecelia couldn't help but feel a little skeptical but then relaxed as she locked eyes with him, seeing there wasn't any sign of malice or impatience. Just... sincerity.

She gave a small smile, gesturing to the piano.

"I shall... if you could play some music for me. How about that for a start?"

Edward's eyes seemed to light up at the idea, eagerly, sitting down on the bench, Cecelia sitting next to him.

"Any requests?"

"Whatever feels right."

Edward nodded, doing some quick scales before starting to play, Cecelia watching his hands glide over the keys.

Maybe... This could work... I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DragonMage156 said:

I'm not sure what tune he was playing in the story but I do enjoy listening to Yiruma and To the Moon sometimes :) they're lovely.

;) That's where the beauty of imagination comes in considering I never stated specifics. So it can be anything long as it fits the mood.

• Like 1

Protective Mama.jpeg

(Just in case you can't read my handwriting.)

Cecelia: So, you're the one who attempted murder on my son?

Wilson: Mother...

Maxwell: Oh, telling your mother. I'm so scared-

WONK!

Maxwell, Maxwell, didn't anyone ever tell you not to mess with Mama Bears? Like seriously. While Cecelia may be dainty and a little old, she knows how to throw a punch. (I might color this. But who knows. Doodles during class so I didn't pass out from exhaustion.)

• Like 7