The Screecher-Inspired Journal

Hello Klei Community!

I am a professional graphic designer and I created this hand-made journal. I was heavily inspired by The Screecher Mod for Don't Starve that was released a few years ago. I shared this with the Klei Team and they asked me to also share on here with the rest of the community.

The journal (as a whole) is supposed to be the only remnants recovered from a small group of campers that went missing in January, 1986, while on a vacation to a remote camping site known by the locals as Pillet Creek. After the countless search and rescue parties found nothing but abandoned camp sites and several dead bodies, a single journal was recovered by authorities. After close examination by forensic scientists the journal was linked to one of the campers that went missing and who's body was never recovered in the searches. (In theory) This journal would then go on to become a pop-culture icon, symbolizing the tragic story of the "Pillet Creek Campers."

This, in my mind, is how I connected my hand-made journal with The Screecher Game Mod. I imagined that if the journal was the only real life evidence of the "Pillet Creek Campers," then The Screecher Mod would have been created using the material from the hand-made journal (with the exception of using the actual camper's identities out of respect for the families of the deceased, this explains why the names differ between the two) as the inspiration for its simple yet graphic retelling of what could have caused the disappearance of the "Pillet Creek Campers."

I have attached photos for of the journal for you to enjoy. I would also love to hear your thoughts and feedback on this piece of my work and if you feel that it succeeds as a physical extension of The Screecher's lore.

Thanks! :D

- James

TheJournal_LOWRES_IMG_9875.jpg

TheJournal_LOWRES_IMG_9876.jpg

TheJournal_LOWRES_IMG_9880.jpg

TheJournal_LOWRES_IMG_9883.jpg

TheJournal_LOWRES_IMG_9886.jpg

TheJournal_LOWRES_IMG_9889.jpg

TheJournal_LOWRES_IMG_9890.jpg

TheJournal_LOWRES_IMG_9891.jpg

TheJournal_LOWRES_IMG_9894.jpg

TheJournal_LOWRES_IMG_9896.jpg