Do you feel lame when you play an "easier" character? (story included)

I was playing and i though to jump new world. Had to pick between wilson and wigfrid. Honestly the glorious me wanted wilson but when i wanted to have fun i had to play wigfrid, even if she is so much easier.

Do you feel lame for picking easier chars?

No.  No, I do not.

I can play any character in the game w/ success, and have.

Play whoever you have FUN playing.  It's a video game and that is literally the most important part of playing one; enjoying it.

Also, battle-hardened warrioress is a flavor that you aren't going to find anywhere else but Wigfrid, and that's exactly why I like to play her sometimes.

Nah, I never understood this line of thinking. People do it with mods to, and it will prevent them from using fun mods which yes make it a little easier, but ultimately increases the quality of the game. 

If you want difficulty, just do a challenge game, otherwise use what character/mods seem fun.

Like others said it really depends on your playstyle. An experienced player can do well with any character, so at the end of the day it just comes down to personal preference. Wigfrid is great if you prefer to tank mobs. If you're good at kiting and avoiding damage then Wendy might be more for you, who has Abigail and the benefit of a slower sanity drain. If you want someone with more balanced stats, then Wilson might be your guy.

In terms of people thinking you're lame for using "OP" characters, I wouldn't worry about that. Like I said, every character has the potential to thrive.

Well in this case, easy is subjective. I personally like to explore caves and ruins therefore wigfrid may not last long down there compare with other characters. I always play maxwell, I picked him for easy spelunking provided with advance planning and preparing for long trips underground. Play the game however you want as long as you enjoy it. If you want to avail bragging rights, feel free to challenge yourself.

Yep i almost ninty percent of the time play Wes just cause of his balloons and for me I got nothing to lose playing him. Because of how he is or i go for wendy or webber cause i just don't like getting my hands dirty. Wes best at everything hands down.

On 7/13/2016 at 4:33 PM, dronuspk said:

Nah, I never understood this line of thinking. People do it with mods to, and it will prevent them from using fun mods which yes make it a little easier, but ultimately increases the quality of the game. 

If you want difficulty, just do a challenge game, otherwise use what character/mods seem fun.

The same people who trash mods because they make the game easy also use and celebrate utterly game-breaking exploits like infinite light (lantern glitch), infinite mob resources without doing anything (fire farms), etc. Their positions are fundamentally contradictory and ego-based. Pay them no mind. 

Archived