spider queen; need tips and stuff

so i was standing by a lvl 3 spider nest and the queen spawns blah blah blah. anyway, it was a nest fairly close to my base, and it is something i just can't ignore. i would really appreciate it if i got some help please. :)

anyhow, i don't want to head back to my base and get supplies, as i might just lure it closer. so here is my current defences in my inventory: 1 amulet; no effigies; 22% left on foot ball helmet; about 91% left on spear; and a backpack.

also, some kiting tips would be much appricated.

thank you!

battle status: died. :( yay....

Edited by pokebirds
battle status

I have a strategy I use against spider queens,which I also posted in a thread similar to yours.To me the strategy is my way of killing the spider queen without too much hassle,and I hope it will help you aswell on future queen encounters.

Attack the spider queen once so she focusses on you.After she attacks,hit her two times with the spear(you can try 3-4 times,but two hits to be safe).Continue doing this.If she starts producing a spider,you can hit her more often untill she is done.Kill the small spider first,regardless what kind it is.Run away a bit so only the spider is close to you.After you killed it,get back to the spider queen,dodge her attack and continue the previous steps untill she's dead.

I have a strategy I use against spider queens,which I also posted in a thread similar to yours.To me the strategy is my way of killing the spider queen without too much hassle,and I hope it will help you aswell on future queen encounters.

Attack the spider queen once so she focusses on you.After she attacks,hit her two times with the spear(you can try 3-4 times,but two hits to be safe).Continue doing this.If she starts producing a spider,you can hit her more often untill she is done.Kill the small spider first,regardless what kind it is.Run away a bit so only the spider is close to you.After you killed it,get back to the spider queen,dodge her attack and continue the previous steps untill she's dead.

I don't think that i will kite EVER again... i'll burn it, no silk or silk

Next time just get a small pig army + logsuit, football helmet and a tentacle spear

I've just taken out 2 spider queens + 1 tree guard with 4 pigs and said equipment, really not that hard

that would have been a nice strategy... infact i was stupid enough to kill All my pigs.

IM AM A DONGING BACON FISH!!!!!!!!! BLLLLLLLARRRRRRG!!!!!1

I killed my first spider queen today, thought I'd die but since I hat a meat effigy I just tried.

I used a logsuit, a football helmet and a spear. I managed to hit 2 or 3 times between attacks from the spider.

It's actually not that hard :)

1. Click to attack twice, or three times.

2. Press WASD immidiately after the last click to walk away

3. repeat

4. if a small spider pops out, attack it without retreating, so just keep clicking, doesnt matter if it hits you.

Thats how I did it. Didn't take long. I think about 10 - 15 hits to kill it :)

Otherwise, well, I think your only option is to burn it.

Or get pigs to help you.

But kiting is the easiest option.. :p

I just realized this from watching MrGmview's LPs but you can set up rabbit traps and try to lure warrior spiders into them so you just have to deal with the queen mostly. I dont die half as much trying to get silk as I did before using the rabbit traps.

I just realized this from watching MrGmview's LPs but you can set up rabbit traps and try to lure warrior spiders into them so you just have to deal with the queen mostly. I dont die half as much trying to get silk as I did before using the rabbit traps.

Yes, this.

I used to farm spiders with pigs, but now I know you can use traps to catch spiders (even the warriors) I just have dozens of traps around my base. The Queen is just another big lumbering easily kite-able thing if you can catch its spiders. I haven't tried yet, but my pigs can take a Queen alone easy.