Quacken suggestions

I think that the Quacken should have 3500 health and drop the Quacken beak and the ink/oil launcher and maybe a special tentacle spike. 

The Quacken beak is used to make the quackering ram which you would put on your boat and use it to ram into mobs and do a lot of damage. 

The ink/oil launcher would lob ink/oil balls at mobs it wouldn't do any damage but it would slow them down a lot but you can light it up with a torch (fire dart fire staff etc)  And when you light it up it makes an explosion dealing massive damage, And it would refuel using snake oil or bottles of ink(fill empty bottles in ink/oil pools that the Quacken makes)or both.

The special tentacle spike would be a weapon that would do a lot of damage and it might be used in a special recipe.

And it (the quacken) could: just before you kill it it will submerge and stay underwater leaving a whirlpool behind and if you get to close it will suck you down and if you aren't wearing a diving helmet you will drown but if you are wearing a diving helmet you will be transported to a underwater world and there you have to kill the Quacken and then you can go back but the whirlpool will be permanent and you can go back any time you want   so it will be like underwater caves

14 hours ago, aukingiii said:

And it (the quacken) could: just before you kill it it will submerge and stay underwater leaving a whirlpool behind and if you get to close it will suck you down and if you aren't wearing a diving helmet you will drown but if you are wearing a diving helmet you will be transported to a underwater world and there you have to kill the Quacken and then you can go back but the whirlpool will be permanent and you can go back any time you want   so it will be like underwater caves

This part was my idea 

Yeah, we're here :)
If I'm honest, it feels like the Quacken drops enough stuff already. I mean, that booty bag is kinda OP in my opinion. Couldn't you just get a load of them and have a dubloon farm? You could get a gold nugget a day just from killing 3 Quackens that way.

Also, it feels like the Quacken is meant to be the equivalent of a spider queen or a Warg in RoG, as it isn't a seasonal giant and has very little health. So unless there's gonna be an even bigger version of the kraken (octo-puss anyone?) that spawns in calm season, the kraken bosses don't really need a special drop; or at least not one as powerful as the eyebrella or iron wind.

I'm more concerned about the fact that the Quacken - which is obviously meant to resemble a duck - looks and sounds nothing like a bird at all, save the beak. Hell, IT'S NOT EVEN A DUCK BILL! They could've at least given it tiny legs that you can only see when it flops over after dying, like they did with the bigfoot with his brain.

2 hours ago, DeputyDeath said:

But

It's not a duck

It looks cool, yes, but they shouldn't have called it a quacken unless it's actually going to bare some resemblance to a duck.

Yeah you have a point on that. It looks cool, defiently, but it doesn't even Quack. 

9 hours ago, WishIHadAFridge said:

I suppose (after having to look up that squids actually have beaks) that the colour can be changed to look more like a female mallard duck.

But then it would just be a green kraken.

Which still isn't a duck.

It's not like they made the Goose/Moose look like a crocodile or put a banana in the sealnado, so I don't see why the Quacken is just a kraken.

On Saturday, March 05, 2016 at 5:57 PM, DeputyDeath said:

But then it would just be a green kraken.

Which still isn't a duck.

It's not like they made the Moose/Goose look like a crocodile or put a banana in the sealnado, so I don't see why the Quacken is just a kraken.

Yeah I guess your right 

On 4.03.2016 at 8:44 AM, DeputyDeath said:

But

It's not a duck

It looks cool, yes, but they shouldn't have called it a quacken unless it's actually going to bare some resemblance to a duck.

As far as I know the name for this boss comes from a player who suggested it on a forum. Developers where so cool to actually use it - so probably the name planned before was different. Please keep this in mind ;-)

3 hours ago, voyager156 said:

As far as I know the name for this boss comes from a player who suggested it on a forum. Developers where so cool to actually use it - so probably the name planned before was different. Please keep this in mind ;-)

It's a good way to show that they listened to the community's ideas. But there's no real excuse for not making it look like a duck because it wouldn't exactly be difficult to change the sounds and the beak.

The quacken is still a cool boss though, so this isn't too much of an issue. Maybe change the current quacken's name to kraken and add a duck variant that spawns in a mangrove biome or something.

4 minutes ago, aukingiii said:

The Quacken should be able to bite and get a huge buff 

But I thought of an idea of how to make it part duck 

It could have a duck body underwater with duck feet and wings and the tentacles could branch off of the wings like feathers and when it wants to move it could retract it's tentacles and get feathers and then fly out of the water and hover for a few seconds and you'd be able to see it's whole body then it would fly out of the screen and land somewhere else 

And if it wants to it can go on land and walk around on it's duck feet

Archived