D's New and Improved Doodle Noodles

So I've got a bunch of WIPs laying around, and I'm interested in doing a stream of one of them. Could be tomorrow, could be sometime next week. Which of them would you guys be most interested in seeing? (I promise I'll give warning about the stream at least a few hours in advance.)

Spoiler

56ba1dc562c5a_WIPChoices.png.71c63ddfc17

#1 - Just a plain drawing of Willow floating in space with pretty swirly fire. Her design is not the current one that I use, may or may not update it. Stream would pretty much just entail shading and some fire tweaking.

#2 - A sketch of Wigfrid with two blue hounds because I absolutely adore the idea of her having pet hounds. Would be mostly finishing the sketch, but I might go farther if I have time.

#3 - The sketch of Wendy and Abigail from my last attempt at using Livestream. I'm interested in trying to actually paint this one, similarly to how I was going about doing this image. So no sketching work, just a lot of trial-and-error painting.

#4 - My (perhaps a little over-the-top) interpretation of being killed by Charlie. So it will be violent, lots of blood and poor Wilson being ripped apart from the inside out. Lots of sketching to be done like #2. Don't really expect this one to be picked, but might as well give the option.

#5 - An illustration of WX, having been deactivated and left to rust in the woods. I'm inking this one, and it is planned to have a fully-rendered background. Have to finish inking WX, then do a tighter sketch of the background followed by more inking, and then do color and shading for the entire image.

• Like 6

I did a normal pig, might as well do the Pig King too.

Spoiler

56bbde5fd7387_PigKing.thumb.png.6309234c

I like to think that the Pig King is actually a pretty competent ruler for the pigs and by far the most intelligent of all them all, even if he’s a little obsessed with eating and collecting oddities. As such I think he deserves a throne, so here’s a loose exploration of a throne made from the remains of a large tree.

• Like 9

One time I made Wickerbottom kill a rabbit immediately after she described it using the word “widdle”. It was one of those mood whiplash moments that’s funny but also kinda makes you feel bad for finding it funny. :v

Spoiler

56bd5b8017dc7_WickerbottomRabbit1.thumb.

56bd5b8b4a7e2_WickerbottomRabbit2.thumb.

• Like 13

My Internet decided to lock me out so I couldn’t post this on time. Curse you, Internet. Happy late Valentine’s Day!

Spoiler

“Since when are gentlemen supposed to be so forward in their advances, Mr. Higgsbury?”

56c1fd7c51402_FlirtyWillowson.thumb.png.

I imagine that Willow enjoys flirting with Wilson in a very physical manner and “blaming” it on him because of how much it flusters him. I hope it’s clear that she pulled him forward and then butt-bumped him in the crotch. I’m not sure I was too successful in portraying it, it was kind of a dumb idea.

Edited by Dragara
  • Like 8

So assuming my internet doesn’t decide to lock me out again, I’m going to be doing that stream I promised last week.

The results ended up as follows:

• #1 - 2 votes
  • #2 - 3 votes
  • #3 - 2 votes
  • #4 - 2 votes
  • #5 - 4 votes

So #5 is what I’ll be working on.

Spoiler

56c4b0d7c52a2_FindingWXWIP.png.b8e8aa857

Just to recap my planned work flow: I’m inking this one, and it is planned to have a fully-rendered background. Have to finish inking WX, then do a tighter sketch of the background followed by more inking, and then do color and shading for the entire image.

I’ll be streaming from my Twitch, and it should start between 2:30-3 CST. Should last for at least an hour, but there is no set end time. Hope to see you guys there! :D

Edited by Dragara

Yes, it's just kinda sitting on the back burner ATM. ^^;

Anyway, time to start the stream! :D

It's done, and it was a huge success! Thanks so much to everyone who watched! <3

Stream results:

Spoiler

56c536ae00086_FindingWXWIP2.png.08b4cd27

And he's still not done! I'll probably continue working on this in another stream.

Edited by Dragara
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Good drawing but it doesn't give me any strong emotions :/

Didn't really expect others to have as strong a reaction as I did. I don't even know why I reacted like I did. It just happens sometimes, I guess.

Anyway.

Does anyone have a character that they kinda-sorta wish didn't exist?

Spoiler

56c69909a421a_GDIWolfgang.png.744d7276bf

Mine is Wolfgang, for various reasons (sorry to his fans, I promise this isn't intended to be a hate post).

Most notably, I've got big plans and he's throwing a massive wrench into them because I just can't bring myself to care about him, but I know that I have to do something with him because all of the other characters are important in some way. Someone please teach me how to turn Wolfgang into a fleshed-out and important character that I can get feels about like Willow and Wilson and Wigfrid and Wes and pretty much every other character because I have no idea how.

Edited by Dragara
  • Like 3

Mine tends to be Wolfgang and WX, mainly cos I never play as them (well, I played as Wolfgang until Winter in-game but that's not the point). I tend to find Wigfrid and Wendy with Abigail stronger than Wolfgang, especially with an (almost) empty stomach.

I still need to play a longer game with WX to get a better feel of how good his character is.

"ohh what is that.. ghh thats partially wrong.... oo hyper realistic pigs..."

some of the things i said while looking through they are  a bit weird to look at since the concept material is so cartoony.... BUT I JUST CANT LOOK AWAY!!!

tbh i feel that woodie should be shipped with wiggy cause they are both narcissistic and meat lovers

these pictures sort of remind me of Pocahontas just in the way the facial structure is not really the art style.

19 hours ago, EsaiXD said:

"ohh what is that.. ghh thats partially wrong.... oo hyper realistic pigs..."

some of the things i said while looking through they are  a bit weird to look at since the concept material is so cartoony.... BUT I JUST CANT LOOK AWAY!!!

tbh i feel that woodie should be shipped with wiggy cause they are both narcissistic and meat lovers

these pictures sort of remind me of Pocahontas just in the way the facial structure is not really the art style.

Thanks…? I think…? :'D

Currently working on a big and exciting thing and I've got couple of small sections I want to show.

Spoiler

First off, a part that really like:

Spoiler

56ce5da44d3ed_CoverMaxwellSketch.thumb.p

I’m really proud of how Maxwell’s face came out. I’m cutting off the top half of his face for the final product though, so I’m posting the original sketch here for posterity. :v (And so I have a copy just in case I decide to add it back.)

And secondly, a part that frustrates me.

Spoiler

56ce5da8d1897_WilburWIP.png.35504b27ac23

Wilbur, you are officially the reason why I hate the stereotypical cartoon monkey. I’m trying to figure out what species he could be based on, but he’s the chimpanzee-face-on-monkey-body kind of monkey so there’s nothing that perfectly matches.

So for now, he’s a toque macaque because I guess they look close enough.

Edited by Dragara
  • Like 7