Craft's FanArt

First post in the fourms, so I hope I can do this much right...and if I have, then you should be seeing a picture of the lovely Willow sitting out by the shore (which the game kind of has?)

Anyways, here's a pro-tip for drawing: Having a source image for a pose can do miracles for an image. Steven Universe Intro was used for this one, and Pearl sitting cross-legged is really interesting in both complexity and difficulty to draw. I'm just glad I actually managed to make a piece of art I'm happy with this week  :encouragement:post-265787-0-42875000-1446085709_thumb.

• Like 5

post-265787-0-35203100-1446341957_thumb.“I must say also a few words to you, dear cousin, of little darling William. I wish you could see him; he is very tall of his age, with sweet laughing blue eyes, dark eyelashes, and curling hair.” –Elizabeth Lavenza

Having to read Frankenstein as a mandatory part of my curriculum, which I am absolutely loving, might I add, I instantly thought of my favorite gentlemen scientist, sorry Victor, and decided to draw this in spirit of the holiday. Happy Halloween! 

• Like 5

You know what they say, a picture a day makes your art look okay.

And may I say, drawing and publishing every single day has really shown my dedication to improving my artistic ability, and to an extent, has made me a better person by improving my organizational skills.

Wait, it's November now? It's been nearly a month since I've posted!? Darn. And on top of that, I forgot how to post images   :oops: , so instead of having your regular pictures, have this cool theme song that imagine Willow would rock to, made by yours truly. Tell me what you think, and if you want this for other characters in the future: https://soundcloud.com/randy-encarnacion-751605957/willows-theme

• Like 1

post-265787-0-88382200-1448165547_thumb.

Alright, got it figured out.  :encouragement: This along with the song has taken up a good portion of my day, but was entirely worth it. At first, the intention was to do the base 11 characters in the core game, but as I continued, I felt as if something were missing.

First and foremost, it just has to be said: The community for this game is awesome, and the effort the development team puts is just so astonishing, so I thought to include a few additional characters (all created by their respective owners, of course) which you see in the upper rows from left to right.

On top, you see unimplemented characters by Klei, including Wortox, Wilbur, Waverly, and wallace in order from left to right,

Right below that, there's Walter by Slutman/ http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=229407744

Albert by Quoth143/ Chances are, you probably already know them if you're on the forms, also sorry if I didn't do Al much justice  :friendly_wink:

Weston by ThunderVolts/ http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=276486798

Wisteria by NOVA/ http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=218218900

Wilrick by MApleBox/ http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=393480743

and Wren by Rayen/ http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=177537243

Concluding statement: Stippling is beautiful, but is so. entirely. TEDIOUS.

• Like 5

Webber looks like a scarecrow. Wendy looks awkward too. Maxwell needs more lunch between his teeth. Willow didn't set Wilson ablaze yet. This is like the hunger games without guns. 9/10  Sorry for the bad comment structure, no sarcasm involved, even if it seems so.

Warning, Wall of Text ahead. Venture if you dare.

It's been a while since I've posted. Wow, what was that about trying for "an image a day? A week?" Whatever the case, something is better than nothing, and although I've been having good fun messing around with Photoshop5 and Krita, I've got to post something, even if I'm not all too happy with it. Besides, a bit of Willowson never killed anybody! Speaking of which, check out this amazing fanfiction by Erednay in case you haven't already: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10325449/1/A-Gentleman-Scientist-A-Perky-Pyromaniac

Also, I've been wanting to change this account's name to match my online ID, so I was wandering if there's a way to do that, and if not, I might just make a new account so that no one inevitably accuses me of stealing from myself.

So, to recap, I would appreciate it if you guys have any pointers for a name change, making digital art, and writing stories. I'm having fun doing my own Don't Starve Comic, but I want to work on the script more before doing the art, so, any suggestions/requests for Plot, Character Interactions, and References, feel free to drop.

I'm open to just about anything.

Dancing.png

• Like 3

Working on a bunch of new drawings at the moment, but sometimes the best way to get within the minds of the characters is by associating them with a voice. I'm almost done making a list of my own which I'll post soon, but that said, do any of you have particular voices in minds for the cast of Don't Starve? Feel free to leave your suggestions.

And with all that said, I just wanted to comment on the fact that I can't remember the last type I've made a post with a calm sense of mind. Of course to recuperate for that, I now suffer of Insomnia and anxiety, but fortunately for you all, that is something more difficult to be conveyed within text.

56c9544de7253_ActualBattles.thumb.png.99

I wasn't really sure if I was going to finish this,  so I'm posting it now before I decide that it never sees the light of day. May serve as inspiration for somebody, who knows.

Basically, I've been getting back into "Tales from the Borderlands" as well as Don't Starve recently, and seeing how my hopes for Rhys and Fiona pairing together went little to no where, I'm going to translate that into the relationship between everybody's favorite Gentleman Scientist and Pyromaniac! Just imagine that this is the scene where Fiona is attempting to kick dirt into Rhys' mouth...except what you may not be able to tell between all of these confounded sketchy lines: Willow is attempting to set her good friend Wilson on fire, "Roy Mustang" Style. Seriously though, check out his fight scene against Envy: A wicked awesome concept for combustion.

I won't provide too much context other than that for this scene at the moment, but don't worry: You'll get the chance to fully understand it in my fan-comic that will be released at some point in the future! Not the near future, but the future all-the-same!

Edited by Robocraftran
Decided to re-upload image with a little less transparency
  • Like 2

A Small Preview for the Second Chapter of my Project. The guy on the right is Wortox, an unimplemented character that takes form of a Demon Dog (and apparently can't be found within the Volcano because of...reasons).

This character seems to go largely under shadowed, and probably for the same reason as I mentioned before. But even with that argument in mind, many other characters were recognized before officially released, and canon or not, my interpretation of this guy is one of a ruthless, savage Hound Dog. Cue Elvis Presley.

And he doesn't seem to like Wilson very much...wonder if I'll ever get around to exploring that ;)56d32e3732811_Chapter2Spoiler.thumb.png.

• Like 4

On 2016-02-20 at 6:35 PM, Robocraftran said:

Working on a bunch of new drawings at the moment, but sometimes the best way to get within the minds of the characters is by associating them with a voice. I'm almost done making a list of my own which I'll post soon, but that said, do any of you have particular voices in minds for the cast of Don't Starve? Feel free to leave your suggestions.

I've only got firm headcanons for Maxwell, Wolfgang, and Woodie, and I don't know where to look for examples of what I hear Woodie sounding like since my idea of his voice draws heavily on how my dad and his buddies talk. I do figure Wilson's voice is fairly high-pitched though, since his trumpet is higher-pitched than Maxwell's harmonium, Woodie's cello, or Wolfgang's tuba.

Maxwell would sound like an archetypal early-to-mid-20th-century American radio/TV announcer. (I know he's actually English, but he seems like he would adopt an American accent.) The narrator from The Twilight Zone is a nice thematically appropriate example of what I mean, but it's very easy to find others if you look at recordings of old TV or radio clips from the sixties or earlier, or faux-vintage imitations and spoofs thereof.

Wolfgang sounds like the voice ProZD gives to Viktor Vasko from Lackadaisy in his comic dubs. Maybe a little less gravelly, but similar in pitch and accent.

• Like 1

Quick announcement: Both this Account and this Thread is DeadHeh, funny little rhyme.

Oh, Whoops. Slip of the tongue,

What I meant to say is that my work is now migrating on over to my new account, Letterman Five. So you might want to check that stuff out, and I promise, the stuff over there will be better, and probably better organized...

Meh, don't count on the last part.