A serious gaming topic for NERDS \(▨_▨¬\)

greenglacier

3 minutes ago, Mack18853 said:

why has hardly anyone played lisa here?

its a damn good game

Why has hardly anyone played Drawn to Life here?

Because you never got in touch with that kind of game. That why you can discuss it to your hearts content here. (Disclaimer: Excessive discussion may lead to creation of seperate topic)

Just now, Mobbstar said:

Why has hardly anyone played Drawn to Life here?

Because you never got in touch with that kind of game. That why you can discuss it to your hearts content here. (Disclaimer: Excessive discussion may lead to creation of seperate topic)

I actually played the second Drawn to Life in the series.

The part where the lady sang to her child made me wanna cry.

Then a friend of mine thought it was a good idea to delete my save file and make a new one.

They don't come around anymore.

Because i killed them.

9 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

A steam friend showed me Creeper World 3 recently

Does anybody of you know anything about this game? Because I only know what they show in the trailer.

It's a sort of Towerdefensegame where the enemy us this slinestuff called the Creeper. Basic idea of each level is to repel it until you get to the things that produce the Creeper and then move on.

If you look at some of the older Flashgamesites like Armorgames you can find the earlier games and try them and if you like what you played you can give 3 a shoot as it's the same baseconcept witha lot more content.

On 2/9/2016 at 8:41 PM, Mobbstar said:

A steam friend showed me Creeper World 3 recently

Does anybody of you know anything about this game? Because I only know what they show in the trailer.

It's a very unique strategy game. Basically you fight "the creeper", a liquid-like enemy that destroys all it touches. So you basically build a fortress on a hill and slowly repell and destroy them with bombers, mortars or even terraforming.

On 10 febbraio 2016 at 2:58 AM, Sporb said:

Why do you think so?

It succeedes in what it wants to accomplish: showing a world full of deprivation and insanity, while still having a constant sparkle of humour that dims out during the emotional parts, making them stand out even more.

Also the gameplay is great:

-combos make things interesting

-you can make your own team

-perms death!

-sacrifice team mates by making them drugs addicts!

-and more (?)

The characters, oh god the characters. I love every single one of them. They all have their own personalities and stories, fears and goals.

The choices are interesting and make you feel guilty.

The music is pretty good too.

And everything has a realistic feeling to it. 

So I recently went through my games a bit just looking for something i haven't played in a while and i wanted to play a lot more of.

Point in case i started playing Tales of Maj'Eyal again basicly one of the few true roguelikes on Steam. What i mean by that is that it uses most of the common mechanics of the original Rogue that being turnbased combat (you move the enemys move), randomly generated dungeons and events etc.

However what makes it different is first the fact that the worldmap is somewhat static meaning most of the dungeons are always at the same spot on the map (although some switch around every now and then) so you always know where the next dungeon is and you can slowly figure out a dungeonorder to progress into the higher levels of the game.

Another thing are the LOADS of different chars and class options you got. Sure you got the basic stuff like Warrior, Rogue and mage but there are also some rather exotic classes like Wyrmic (uses a lot of Dragonlike abilitys like Ice-/Fire-/Acidbreat) or Oozemancer. And that's just classes you also got a good amount of races like Dwarfs, Halflings or Ogres (but those need to be unlocked).

Combat itself feels at first like your usual Happyslaps as in you bump into the enemys to attack them however rather quickly will you realize that this is not the way to win encounters as enemys will easily decimate you if you ar not carefull with skilluses and fighting so it really quickly turns into a rather tactical game where you need to manipulate the enemys movements to not get completly obliterated by mages or other enemys with ranged attacks.

So all in all i heavily recommend it to everyone who wants a more traditional roguelike with a pretty good difficulty curve and a lot of stuff to do in terms of Unlocks

Steamlink for the Curios http://store.steampowered.com/app/259680/

Small Edit: Just noticed that ToME has a free version so for anyone curios enought you can just try it over here http://te4.org/

Just note that the Steamversion has some extra features that the free version doesn't have like the Stone Warden Class. Also the 3 expansions Ashes of Urh'Rok and the new one called Embers opf Rage are probably also not in the free version.

3 minutes ago, Mack18853 said:

ive been playing a lot of fire emblem lately

i highly reccomend it to anyone who likes strategy games

I once described Fire Emblem Awakening as one part strategy, one part rpg, and one part dating sim. 

Both me and my brother really liked that game, as he was drawn to the strategy aspect of it, and I to the characters and the story. I'm looking forward to hopefully getting one of the newest games for my birthday.

5 minutes ago, Mack18853 said:

ive been playing a lot of fire emblem lately

i highly reccomend it to anyone who likes strategy games

I tried playing Awakening but i really can't get myself to slog through the last few quests. Cause the game started of pretty well but lost it's steam about 10 hours in and i got really bored. Also doesn't help that i'm not a big fan of the Permadeath in the FE games in a lot of other games sure send them to their doom cause i got reserves but in FE i always reload as soon as someone dies and that makes me redo some missions 2 or 3 times and that just adds to the boredome. Also doesn't help that some chars are on the enemy side at first and you can loose them if you don't know how to recruit them.

To be honest i rather take the Nintendo Wars series over FE just feels a lot more fun to play. Just sad that currently they push FE a lot and seem to have forgotten the Nintendo Wars series except for that one assist trophy in Smash 4.

Just now, MenaAthena said:

I once described Fire Emblem Awakening as one part strategy, one part rpg, and one part dating sim. 

Both me and my brother really liked that game, as he was drawn to the strategy aspect of it, and I to the characters and the story. I'm looking forward to hopefully getting one of the newest games for my birthday.

conquest focuses primarily on strategy and skill, while birthright focuses more so on the exp and gold part

also revelation comes out 3/10, which basically adds a third route to the game of your choice. it's dlc, though, so you can't turn it back in at your local gamestop

I just played the heck out of Rust Bucket, a turn-based RPG puzzle dungeon-crawler sandbox FPS triple AAA that reminds me an awful lot of Crypt of the Necromancer. Sure, you can't dig the walls and there's no set pace, but the enemies all have their unique behaviour, allowing for some crazy techniques.

And when you've completed the campain, you can try endless-mode. If you get that far, which takes some time...

Spoiler

rustbucket.jpg.f41cc7ee090835bab1989e8fe

Well i need to get me 20 bucks asap cause this little Gem just released on Steam

I've kept an eye on it for a long time but forgot about it for a while until it popped up on Steam just recently.

Also beat Ocarina of Time today for the first time (3DS Version) fantastic game although i still prefer later instalments of the series.

Factorio reminds me of Super Hot.

1. Both had awesome demonstration/beta versions worth a couple of bucks on their own.
  2. Both entirely disappeared from the scene for a long time.
  3. Both cost around 20 dollars on Steam now, which might be a bit more expensive than it should be. Eh, I consider it Game Dev funding. Not saying that I'd buy either anytime soon.

29 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

Factorio reminds me of Super Hot.

1. Both had awesome demonstration/beta versions worth a couple of bucks on their own.
  2. Both entirely disappeared from the scene for a long time.
  3. Both cost around 20 dollars on Steam now, which might be a bit more expensive than it should be. Eh, I consider it Game Dev funding. Not saying that I'd buy either anytime soon.

Happens with a lot of games to be fair a lot of times you hear of them forget about them and then suddenly they are avaiable on Steam for a few bucks.

Also I consider Factorio to be another DS situation where i can easily waste hundreds of hours in the game and be satisfied with what i did. I mean **** i speand around 40 bucks on Don't Starve stuff (maingame and Expansions + Soundtrack + Level 5 Steambadge) and i feel like i easily got my moneys worth out of it.

Also the fact that the game is literally what i learned as a Job and i love Automated system and such so it's a great game for me because of it.

So anyone seen the new Nintendo Direct?

Only saw a recap from it but what was announced look pretty sweet.

The New Kirby game looks awesome although i somewhat hate the fact that they locked the UFO power behind an Amiboo (well for that Smash is back).

The new Paper Mario looks interesting just hope they learned from their mistakes from Sticker Star (aka make Battles feel like they have a purpose and make bosses less trail on error)

Star Fox well ehh not so much of a fan of it so not much to say.

And of couse Metroid Federation Force aka the game that created probably one of the biggest s***storms in recent history. Well not much to say about it either since i also don't really care about the Metroid franchise.

And on a sidenote Pokemon Sun and Moon already making plans with a buddy of mine about getting one version each (I'm going for Sun he wants Moon). And i won't spoil myself on what's going to be new in terms of Mons did to much of that in Gen 6 and well there where some suprises but not that many as i liked.

On 3/4/2016 at 8:50 PM, Mr.P said:

New Kirby game looks awesome although

Although people say Kirby is for kids, I've played 'Kirby And The Amazing Mirror' and 'Nightmare in Dream Land'. I was 17 back then and enjoyed the game to it's very details. Although I never bought a Nintendo. It was emulator on Android.
Untitled.jpg.0cfe8b7362fcb4320d19695b891

9 hours ago, Mack18853 said:

why is everyone so pissed about metroid federation force

its like fates localization

just a game bros

calm yer t*ts

I think the problem here is that the last good Metroid game was like 7 Years ago (that being Prime 3 cause no one likes Other M) and 6 Years since the last Main Metroid game. So basicly instead of making a new full fledged Metroid game all we get is a spinoff instead of a new one and on top of that it doesn't really look all to good so i can understand why people are a bit angry.

That being said all the actual outrage was a bit to much specialy that ******* Petition to get it canceled was a bit to much in my eyes. I mean immagine if Nintendo announced a new F-Zero game and instead of it being a Racinggame it's a Arenabrawler featuring all the F-Zero chars except Captain Falcon believe you me people would be furious about something like that.

Archived