Mysterious X Island

I've found this island several times (one in each play through) and I KNOW there's gotta be some reason for this mega X. The island is littered with skeletons, suggesting some sort of menace can be unearthed and I want to unearth it!

Has anyone else seen these/figured them out?

post-746802-0-44801400-1450411642_thumb.

It's listed as one of the required islands by worldgen, but I guess like the pig king (used to?), it doesn't *always* spawn. It's called PirateBounty. Other than being the only 9 pieces of rocky turf (and therefore cobblestone) you can get in Shipwrecked, there's nothing else special about it (yet?).

It seems like it could be a place for a (future) boss spawn? Since there's so many skeletons but no indication of a shipwreck/other reason of death, and it being a 'required' island.

Or maybe a cave/secret hideout or something. Or maybe it's the place that will connect RoG to SW? o:

It seems like it could be a place for a (future) boss spawn? Since there's so many skeletons but no indication of a shipwreck/other reason of death, and it being a 'required' island.

Or maybe a cave/secret hideout or something. Or maybe it's the place that will connect RoG to SW? o:

Or perhaps it's because it's a treasure island and that all the people here killed each other/died of starvation because they didn't have a boat to go away.

Greed kills you in DS.

Archived