[ShipWrecked] Share your (most stupid and somewhat curious) findings!

A thread mostly so that we can share our surprises with the new DLC content! ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED!

ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED!!

I, for one, found this: ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED!!!

ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED GUYS!!!!

attachicon.gifilluminati.png
ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED FOR REAL!!!

LIKE DUDE, ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED!

I call dibs on Illuminati, and from Wilson's pose I think he was the one that summoned it... he knows more than we think... BRO I GOT AN ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED ON A STICK!

BUT IF WILSON WAS ILLUMINATI... THEN WHO WAS ISOSCELES?

i confirmed.

I found one too! And I decided to check it out. It appears to be the oceanic variant of a wormhole.

I also found out that you can use these big waves as boost if you swim over them in the right direction!

Yeah, as Wilson says, surf's up! I don't understand why some people are having trouble with the waves - unless they mean in a different season, when they are worse? I've found that if you approach a wave diagonally, you can usually pass right through it without incident; it's only if you hit one head-on that it soaks you and maybe damages your boat a little bit? (Haven't had it happen often enough to be sure.)

I can imagine waves being an issue while you're trying to fight things (like water hounds) however.

Hate it when my coal powered cooking pot short circuits and won't let me cook XD

post-396589-0-56256800-1449587639_thumb.

My very first Palm Tree Guard Fight... after so long... O__O

post-396589-0-09270400-1449587643_thumb.

This thing...

post-396589-0-45932200-1449587646_thumb.

Apparently having a talking parrot in your inventory drains sanity but you end up having someone to talk to :D (also, standing next to a talking parrot regains a lot of sanity)

post-396589-0-21727800-1449587653_thumb.

post-396589-0-08664400-1449587658_thumb.

post-396589-0-66781300-1449587663_thumb.

post-396589-0-54420200-1449587666_thumb.

post-396589-0-13902400-1449587670_thumb.

And a treasure chest of canned fish/dolphin O__O

post-396589-0-53394600-1449587673_thumb.

What's wrong?

So sorry, I really need to say "your base appears to be flooded, is what's wrong" ;3 

But at a guess, the water has flowed through (and around) the entrance, which it would do IRL, since it's wet out that direction too.

I Found this guy... He is like a flying Chester and sometimes he eats your stuff so BE CAREFUL!

UMMM... when you say "eats your stuff" do you mean occasionally takes things off the ground like a monkey, or actually consumes items you put inside it?!

I already hate the ugly thing, I want Chester back D: *sniffles*

Apparently having a talking parrot in your inventory drains sanity but you end up having someone to talk to :grin: (also, standing next to a talking parrot regains a lot of sanity)

Are you sure about that? Because on every picture you show you are standing right next to evil flowers which drain your sanity extremely fast or it is dawn.

And the one sanity-boosting screenshot is from a day whilst wearing a pirate hat which is an extremely efficient sanity booster.

Yeah, as Wilson says, surf's up! I don't understand why some people are having trouble with the waves - unless they mean in a different season, when they are worse? I've found that if you approach a wave diagonally, you can usually pass right through it without incident; it's only if you hit one head-on that it soaks you and maybe damages your boat a little bit? (Haven't had it happen often enough to be sure.)

I can imagine waves being an issue while you're trying to fight things (like water hounds) however.

I thought the same thing until I tried to go out on the open ocean in the middle of winter/hurricane season... In the normal season it's not a problem at all.

Are you sure about that? Because on every picture you show you are standing right next to evil flowers which drain your sanity extremely fast or it is dawn.   And the one sanity-boosting screenshot is from a day whilst wearing a pirate hat which is an extremely efficient sanity booster.

2nd to the last photo, I'm wearing a top hat... try it out :D

I thought the same thing until I tried to go out on the open ocean in the middle of winter/hurricane season... In the normal season it's not a problem at all.

True, but you can navigate a large amount of map by sticking to the gentler coastal waters; I've found that they usually join up at some point and make a sort of calm lane between islands, with only a few small spots of rough ocean to cross. And when you go with the direction of the wind, wheeeeee! I went out searching for coral, and didn't have too many problems exploring. I'd probably leave the isolated set pieces, like the chess pirates, until a different season though!

Still, I'll take hurricane season, and dodging waves, over freezing any time! At least the hurricanes aren't stopping you from exploring and you don't really need much in the way of special gear - unless a royal gale is blowing, it doesn't even stop you from using a fire! I did notice torches go out faster but that was about it. And farms still work. I'm not saying winter in RoG is hard (it's not, once you get the hang of things) but it seems a lot more limiting and to me, this was even easier. However, it's harsher than autumn, so there seems to be a nice progression of scale now - autumn is a cinch, winter is moderately annoying, spring sounds like it's really not fun at all, and summer... well, I'm assuming that comes with all the attendant problems of a RoG summer, plus meteor strikes! So I'm not going to complain about hurricane season *g* (Is there an official name for 'summer' in SW, by the way?)

People are right, they do need to stop the 3 ice meatballs recipe from working... I don't think ice should work in anything except ice cream. I also noticed that stale seaweed is a no-go in recipes, it seems to turn everything into rot straight out of the crockpot!

Give him a cooked thing that grows on the rocks, the one you don't need tools to pick ;) (Can't remeber the name).

I've given him a few different meats (limpets and fish morsel). He drops a chest full of loot and goes to sleep.  Chest will sink when you take it's contents.  Loot might be random or better depending on what type of food you give him.  I tried giving him gold, dubloons, gems etc. nothing but food worked for me.

Have you guys tried the ice making machine yet? I believe it should extract the water from the ground and turn it into ice no? there is no other way for us to deliver water into it or is there?

Ice machine spits out ice every 10 seconds or so. It runs out of fuel and stops working after a while. Just add any combustible item to fuel it up again.  Does not have a fuel gauge as far as I can tell. Useful for making the flingomatic, as hail cannot be used in the place of ice for crafting it. 

so i just discoverd that wildbores charge up a meter when u come close or chase after them and when that meter is full they start to attack u does it go away when the meter is full? i have no idea but when it is not it does go away slowly

(i already posted this on a other topic but i also wanted to post it here)

post-313576-0-17421000-1450466891_thumb.

Hate it when my coal powered cooking pot short circuits and won't let me cook XD

attachicon.gif2015-12-08_00001.jpg

My very first Palm Tree Guard Fight... after so long... O__O

attachicon.gif2015-12-08_00002.jpg

This thing...

Apparently having a talking parrot in your inventory drains sanity but you end up having someone to talk to :grin: (also, standing next to a talking parrot regains a lot of sanity)

attachicon.gif2015-12-08_00004.jpg

attachicon.gif2015-12-08_00005.jpg

attachicon.gif2015-12-08_00006.jpg

attachicon.gif2015-12-08_00007.jpg

attachicon.gif2015-12-08_00008.jpg

And a treasure chest of canned fish/dolphin O__O

attachicon.gif2015-12-08_00009.jpg

What's yo strat for krampus sack, how can i get one so early

The most hilarious thing a saw in shipwrecked was jesus ! yes , jesus was a pig who walk on water ! This jesus pig save me by distracting some shark and i was enable to flee away ! i built a totem ( a sign ) for his glorious action.

ALL GLORY TO JESUS PIG , AMEN !

Archived