Am I dead? Shipwrecked

Diagnosis: Ded

Is there literally nothing on that Island? Not even the iconic three-leaved palm tree?

Next time, you had better get some supplies there in case of death. Dying in the process of doing just that would be ironic though, so you have to do it. :)

Diagnosis: Ded

Is there literally nothing on that Island? Not even the iconic three-leaved palm tree?

Next time, you had better get some supplies there in case of death. Dying in the process of doing just that would be ironic though, so you have to do it. :-)

Nope, and even if it did, how would I harvest anything of it without twigs and flint? The annoying thing is that there are twigs and flint right next to my island, but with a small body of water keeping us apart. 

Plenty of grass though...and monkeys, lots and lots of monkeys...

=(

So I died and was resurrected by a touch stone. Problem is I´m on an island with no resources, so I can´t make a boat, so I´m sorta stuck here...   Ideas?

Sorry my friend, but I think it's the end.

Just an advice, next time, when you find a touch stone, build a simple raft on that island, in order to get out quickly. Or better - and that was my case- you can put your camp on that island, if it fits your needs. 

@CapyChristian, there seems to only be 1 resurrection stone spawning on world generation and it's on a Monkey infested island. If you do not prepare for reviving there the monkey's could in fact have already collected all the material on the island before you are able to get enough material to create an axe.

This has happened on EVERY game I've created, with no mods enabled.

Hq10WPp.png

If you still have this island can you post a photo of the map? Or if the island is small enough just a photo of what's on the map? Curious to see what's going on here.

It's possible to spawn on game start to such a resrouce poor island, as well.  I had this one recently where there were no twigs and I think one flint.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=571249830

Plenty of grass though...and monkeys, lots and lots of monkeys...

=(

Looks like you are going to have to rename yourself TheKingofMonkeys and become one with the tribe =)

No twigs is rather a bizarre gen error, I would say! Of course without twigs you can't ward off Charlie so yeah, you're dead... But if you could make a torch, you could possibly befriend some monkeys and then get them to attack other monkeys? (Not something I've tried yet but I'm hoping it's possible.) Or there's the idea above of siccing snakes on them. Good luck! Let us know what happens :D

@Kzisor, It always spawns on the IslandParadise task's island, which I think should probably not have monkeys.

On the other hand... I'm not sure how much of a design issue this really is, considering that you can pre-build boats and rafts so that no matter what happens you have them in a pinch, including scenarios like this. The counter-intuitiveness of pre-building, though, favors solving it from this end (maybe a good solution would be to have the touchstone break apart into four flint, for an axe and a machete?)

@Kzisor, It always spawns on the IslandParadise task's island, which I think should probably not have monkeys.

On the other hand... I'm not sure how much of a design issue this really is, considering that you can pre-build boats and rafts so that no matter what happens you have them in a pinch, including scenarios like this. The counter-intuitiveness of pre-building, though, favors solving it from this end (maybe a good solution would be to have the touchstone break apart into four flint, for an axe and a machete?)

Yea I already had the same idea. Flint would be a lot more reasonable to come out of a touchstone. 

I once have been stuck on an island when the volcano season started. I was about to set sail but then my boat was turned to ashes. The rain burned pretty much everything, it was a very small island so there was no way for me to prevent it from happening. Iuckily I had enough grass and logs with me to build a small raft. 

Archived