A catalog of people and servers to watch out for

Basically, this is a list of people who have repeatedly greifed/trolled servers, and servers with terrible owners/admins.  It isn't recommended that a server owner immediately bans anyone on this list, as it is entirely possible for an innocent person to be added by a troll, and banning someone who hasn't done anything yet is kinda really mean.  And, no I'm not expecting the devs to do anything. This is entirely for players.

A person I've come across a couple of times is Jeremydtr

( http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198070143124/ ).  I came across him on 2 different servers, where he played as Wendy, and is a minor troll who did things like: steal valuable items, do random things to piss people off, from disorganizing chests, tooting a beefalo horn repeatedly, and generally doing whatever you tell him not to do.  He has also stolen food, and sanity greifed as a ghost.

One distinctive behavior trait he has is standing near whoever is most vocal about him, following them around, and not really doing much but staring at them.  I have used this to murder him by darkness before.

I'm just going to say these kinds of threads are dangerous for the ability to be abused. It's really easy to just say anyone has griefed and to try to get them banned on many servers.

And that's why I advise server owners/admins to not ban anyone on this thread immediately, but I do know that some unfortunately will.

I would not ban someone if other server admin told me he found a griefer, but if there was a database of users and you could vote up or down on someone, I would respect it more and maybe if certain person goes below certain negative threshold I would consider it.

Maybe we can make this database happen jointly? I dont have much experience in the database websites, but I could host one on my server if someone makes it.

- art

I would not ban someone if other server admin told me he found a griefer, but if there was a database of users and you could vote up or down on someone, I would respect it more and maybe if certain person goes below certain negative threshold I would consider it.

Maybe we can make this database happen jointly? I dont have much experience in the database websites, but I could host one on my server if someone makes it.

- art

That would be a great system, and there is a steam rep system, but nobody really uses it, and DST doesn't have anything like that currently.  And I did cover the banning of someone because you were told to in the 2nd sentence.  Watch them, and wait for them to commit a crime.

Jeremydtr comes to my server really often (actually he is pretty much in every server). I have never seen he burned down a base and no one reported such a thing. Also he rez somone while he was in the server. His only problem is he never talks also he seems like a noobish player. Other than that he has no problem....

This kind of systems will be abused for sure. Everyone will come here and report someone as a griefer (maybe the person he reports is someone he does not personally like how we can be sure about every single report?) This is the only reason I would not consider enabling vote kick if it was working properly and I would never ban someone if some people I trust do not not report me directly or if it happens in my server and I can confirm from log files. Even a website to report griefers will be abused. Someone can bring bunch of people to vote for someone and he will be infamous in a minute... I cannot trust on such a thing. Reports would be 99% true but I cannot ban that 1 innocent guy in every other 100 people.

I do not really need this kind of topic for my server as the admins in my server are mostly online and if this is not the case I can ban anyone in my server even if no admin is online. If he is reported on my group page (I got an automessage which sends messages in every other 15 mins. that tells players to report griefers), also thanks to the log save script I wrote, I have a 60 MB log archieve so that I can go through and ban the person that even came to my server 1.5 months ago.

Jeremydtr guy had to get banned on my servers since he a) was following people without even having resources to make a torch, then die in darkness like most of less smart griefers do b) looted dead bodies and did not give any items back, had to kill him to get them. He never found any bases because we were smart enough not to lead him to one, otherwise who knows what would've happened.

@KitcheVadimas are you starting thread like this because this minor troll?

1. 99% of things you are describing are doing beginners sometimes on server where i play and "reporting" this guy THIS WAY just for these stupid things is IMO ridiculous. IDK him and maybe he is griefing but maybe he is just beginner and/or can't speak properly english? Hard to tell dude

2. I think (like in that trading topic) that naming someone like this is against forum rules (if it is not it SHOULD BE!) because it can be abused as people here are saying

3. Maybe next time make video of him doing "griefing" and post it here? It could be more legit when other users can actually see this griefing and tell if this is real or only beginner right?

4. Blowing beefalo horn? SRY but ... :D

@KitcheVadimas are you starting thread like this because this minor troll?

1. 99% of things you are describing are doing beginners sometimes on server where i play and "reporting" this guy THIS WAY just for these stupid things is IMO ridiculous. IDK him and maybe he is griefing but maybe he is just beginner and/or can't speak properly english? Hard to tell dude

2. I think (like in that trading topic) that naming someone like this is against forum rules (if it is not it SHOULD BE!) because it can be abused as people here are saying

3. Maybe next time make video of him doing "griefing" and post it here? It could be more legit when other users can actually see this griefing and tell if this is real or only beginner right?

4. Blowing beefalo horn? SRY but ... :grin:

I dunno.. I for one think that such obscene behavior definitely warrants a thread. I mean, did you even read the last paragraph:

One distinctive behavior trait he has is standing near whoever is most vocal about him, following them around, and not really doing much but staring at them.  

He was STARING at people and not doing anything. Get out your pitchforks boys and girls. We've got a killer on the loose. 

Jeremydtr comes to my server really often (actually he is pretty much in every server). I have never seen he burned down a base and no one reported such a thing. Also he rez somone while he was in the server. His only problem is he never talks also he seems like a noobish player. Other than that he has no problem....

As much as I agree about how a system like this could be abused, there's just one thing I have to point out: rezzing other players means absolutely nothing.  I've seen a guy rez a player immediately after smashing the ice flingos, torching a camp and spewing misogynistic abuse and **** threats at other players for several minutes.  All that meant was he was a smug, self-righteous ******* who thought rezzing other players "proved he was a good guy" (he said as much) despite everything else he did.

Then three weeks later his buddy who was goading him on the whole time (and is a regular on your server) went on the Steam forum to brag about it until the topic got locked.

Honestly, I'd rather ban one innocent than have a flood of 99 assholes.  It's not like we're sending them to jail, there's still plenty of other servers out there.  And frankly, uttering threats like that is illegal; he could go to jail for it if the cops gave a crap (which they don't).

As much as I agree about how a system like this could be abused, there's just one thing I have to point out: rezzing other players means absolutely nothing.  I've seen a guy rez a player immediately after smashing the ice flingos, torching a camp and spewing misogynistic abuse and **** threats at other players for several minutes.  All that meant was he was a smug, self-righteous ******* who thought rezzing other players "proved he was a good guy" (he said as much) despite everything else he did.

Then three weeks later his buddy who was goading him on the whole time (and is a regular on your server) went on the Steam forum to brag about it until the topic got locked.

Honestly, I'd rather ban one innocent than have a flood of 99 assholes.  It's not like we're sending them to jail, there's still plenty of other servers out there.  And frankly, uttering threats like that is illegal; he could go to jail for it if the cops gave a crap (which they don't).

Problem is none of the people above claims that he burned down a base used hammer to smash structures... He is not a random person. He comes to the servers pretty often so most people who plays in caves beta in dedicated server knows him I am sure about it. He blew a beefalo horn and stared at people. So in return people ask me to perma ban someone who seems to be a newbie... It is a great idea.. This is the reason that I want xp filtering for servers and I would definitely use it instead of banning people who are newbie cuz I like to play with experienced people.. But other admins wanna ban them instead of supporting an xp filtering. That is their preference.

99% and 1% just a representation. This topic will be troll-ridden for sure. Now it is started honestly and it would turn into a troll thread over time..

I do not understand why klei allows this thread to be up. I am against the summary execution of anyone. Some people will come here and put random names. I am sure nobody would want his name to be put here by a troll. But when they wanna find a scapegoat everyone will be here.

Yeah, no, I wasn't talking specifically about the guy with the beefalo horn.  I think I've even seen him blow a beefalo horn at night.  It's a bit of a waste, but there's more beefalo horns where that came from and the server seldom survives the night anyway, so whatever.  I mean, that's about on par with banning someone for ripping up all the flowers for garlands when they'd be better off making a silk hat and keeping the flowers in the ground for butterflies.  Teach the newbies, don't hit them with sticks.

It could be useful to have a list that actually provides details and evidence so admins could apply some intelligence and judgement when choosing whether to ban someone on the list or not, but as Klei has stated it really can't be posted here.  But with a list that actually includes details and evidence the risk of false accusations and overreactions would be mitigated.

Yeah, no, I wasn't talking specifically about the guy with the beefalo horn.  I think I've even seen him blow a beefalo horn at night.  It's a bit of a waste, but there's more beefalo horns where that came from and the server seldom survives the night anyway, so whatever.  I mean, that's about on par with banning someone for ripping up all the flowers for garlands when they'd be better off making a silk hat and keeping the flowers in the ground for butterflies.  Teach the newbies, don't hit them with sticks.

It could be useful to have a list that actually provides details and evidence so admins could apply some intelligence and judgement when choosing whether to ban someone on the list or not, but as Klei has stated it really can't be posted here.  But with a list that actually includes details and evidence the risk of false accusations and overreactions would be mitigated.

I would only perma ban someone who hammers structures burns down a base or uses coarse language despite being warned:

it must be proven such as:

1) Being reported by at least 1-2 people in my server and I should confirm it from log files.

2) Someone I trust should report it to me.

3) I can only use this thread if there is a video proof of hammering or burning objects or using coarse language to people.

Wow, this topic has kinda blown up with people saying I'm telling them to perma-ban anyone who's even mentioned on this topic.  I'm not.  I had hoped for this topic to be actually used to mention people who are toxic, trolls, greifers, ect. so people could notice when "Troll X joined the server", keep an eye on him, and if he acts as described, report him to admins, or kick/ban him if admins.  Also, yes I was inspired to create this server because I ran into a troll multiple times where he was allowed to do as he pleased because of no admins or votekick, even as minor as he was.  Also, at over 150 hours, not a noob.

i know people who played over 200 hours and still noob. You cannot guarantee that, the account was used by a single person. although mostly used by a single person, this may not be the case. As I said, I dont like other people to be declared as a scapegoat. Meh toxic people cuz he blows beefalo horn. And yes 150 hours is considered as noobish.

Everyone posting in this thread is causing distress for themselves and other people in one way or another, why don't we just ban them all so nobody else has to deal with this?

Yeah, because hopping from server to server with the sole intention of burning and destroying people's work is totally analogous with everything else. Seeking out new players to drive away during Klei's free-to-play weekend is bad, but everybody does bad stuff so it's okay. Attempting to get around grief-proof mods to the point where you have your minions hand you stuff while you stand in the ocean and dump items into the void is on the same level as anything else. Trying to fool people into regenerating their worlds with console commands is on par with everything. 

You have PvP enabled on your own server, yet you play cooperatively. You're scared sh*tless of someone resetting your cave map. You put down Klei's server intentions because then you won't be able to hide behind your flimsy excuse of griefing on any server that has PvP enabled even though you yourself play cooperatively with PvP. 

Please, your rationalizations make zero sense and are so easy to see through, just stop. You're hypocritical to the max. Do you really think you're fooling anyone? You're an entertaining guy, but just own up to what you are and what you do.

Archived