Invisible, Inc. Contingency Plan DLC arrives Nov 12th

• Developer

post-251510-0-10616500-1446773231_thumb.

Click here to download the full 1920 × 1080 image!

Greetings Operators! 

The Contingency Plan is almost out. It goes live Nov 12th.

Get ready to get under the corporations' skin with four new agents and a slew of new items and programs in the extended campaign. The corps will be countering you with new tools of their own: new guards, new Daemons and new security installations. A few other surprises have been worked in that will reward the teams with the most tenacity. 

The base game will also get an update (also out Nov 12)

A few highlights of the bug fixes and balance changes are:

Balances and improvements 

• Fusion cooldown increased back to 4.
  • Shock Trap 3 now requires 3 PWR to place.
  • Improved Mod support will make it easier to mod in new items, programs and agents.
  • Internationale's animated profile gets her iconic scarf!

Bug fixes

• Lightning can work on barrier guards.
  • Buster chips can be used on rebooting cameras.
  • Discharge Re-router now works only once a turn.

attachicon.gifcontingency_plan_posterfinal_Nov_12.png

Click here to download the full 1920 × 1080 image!

Greetings Operators! 

The Contingency Plan is almost out. It goes live Nov 12th.

Get ready to get under the corporations' skin with four new agents and a slew of new items and programs in the extended campaign. The corps will be countering you with new tools of their own: new guards, new Daemons and new security installations. A few other surprises have been worked in that will reward the teams with the most tenacity. 

The base game will also get an update (also out Nov 12)

A few highlights of the bug fixes and balance changes are:

Balances and improvements 

• Fusion cooldown increased back to 4.
  • Shock Trap 3 now requires 3 PWR to place.
  • Improved Mod support will make it easier to mod in new items, programs and agents.
  • Internationale's animated profile gets her iconic scarf!

Bug fixes

• Lightning can work on barrier guards.
  • Buster chips can be used on rebooting cameras.
  • Discharge Re-router now works only once a turn.

Any chance you are going to upload your mod before the release, so that we can start porting our mods over before the DLC is out? Also...

Scarf.

Just catching up on the broadcast.  Holy crap, you guys.  All that for only USD4.99?  Are you insane?  You could have easily charged three times as much for that level of content!  :)

Seriously, though, thank you.  And let me know where I can get one of those Decker T-shirts.  :)

A have a question. Will the base game, on the technical side, change a lot? I know it's a wierd question but as a modder there's always concern whenever an update is being released that a lot of mods will become hard to port.

Basically  what I wonder is if the update changes the engine of the game or just builds upon it.

A have a question. Will the base game, on the technical side, change a lot? I know it's a wierd question but as a modder there's always concern whenever an update is being released that a lot of mods will become hard to port.

Obv. the game needs a whole new engine just for Internationals Scarf. My blind shot is, that we have some changes on how certain files are loaded, as well as some edits to some files like the itemdefs or the modloader which is already kind of build in, but not accessable. Overall, I think less important files will be edited then we had it in Update 11 (which changed quite a bit) (U11 also included some things for the modsupport)

Basically  what I wonder is if the update changes the engine of the game or just builds upon it.

I'm not very worried about the update changing a lot of things (because obviously it doesn't) I am more concerned about the DLC itself.

I haven't watched their stream yet (actually I think I should do that now) but depending on how big the update is the game is bound to change more or less.

That was what I meant with my question. Does it change existing things or just add new stuff?

Sounds great. Damn, it will be a pain to wait this week now.

--- Goes to watch stream on Twitch ---

http://www.twitch.tv/kleientertainment/v/24175106

Okay, now it also looks great. For all of you who can't watch stream or don't have any time, here is summary of everything I could find, along with time stamps.

- 4 new agents, only ON FILE versions [38:00]. They are Draco [33:10], Rush [42:25], Olivia and Derek [10:00]. Olivia and Derek are younger versions of Central and Monst3r, separated from originals (not an archive version), can be used with their older versions at the same time (time paradox anyone?)

- Fixed T.A.G Gun with overwatch (interrupting guards and shooting at guards already tagged) [13:05]

- More writing and world building by Kevin [21:38]

- Draco starts with Level 2 Strength, lethal weapon and Neural Pattern Grid augment [33:10][35:45]

- Neural Pattern Grid augment - non-stackable - "User cannot buy skill upgrades. Scanned KO guards generate a random bonus. Dead units scanned will give permanent skill upgrades." [33:30]

- Random bonuses with Neural Pattern Grid: +100 CR [34:17], +3 AP [49:34], Item Cooldown Bonus for 1 turn [52:54]. Each guard can be Neural Scanned only once. [36:10] Neural Scan does not work on your agents. [43:35] When stats are maxed, Neural Scan gives bonuses as if guard was KO'd. [45:02] Neural Scan does not work on drones. [45:32]

- Subdermal PDA augment - non-stackable - "Door peeks have full vision. This agent can find corporate intel in large safes." Improves peeking cone from 90 to 360 degrees and can pick up Site-List-type item from large safes, giving you new location on map. [59:45]

- Physiology Brain Chip augment - 400 CR cost, non-stackable. "Sets the agents strength to 3. This skill cannot be upgraded." Draco's Neural Pattern Grid bypasses this limitation. [36:15]

- Modding [57:45]: mods are installed into "mods" directory, as a folder with files, drag & drop. Steam Workshop support. In game, there is a "Select DLC" button in campaign settings. There you can enable/disable mods and DLC's. Mods can add their own options into "Show Settings" menu. There is no need to modify base files anymore, at least for the common stuff. It is possible to modify base game (as shown in stream, they replaced starting augment of ON FILE Decker). Also mod's KWAD files, if any, go into mod folder. Extra content from active DLC's or mods are labeled as such in game.

- Contingency Plan campaign settings: [58:51]
1. Extended Campaign ("A new objective at the 0 hour will unlock an extra 48 hours of campaign time with escalating difficulty")
2. Extra Agents ("Rush, Draco, Olivia, Derek")
3. Extra Programs ("Burst, Golem, Bless, Cycle")
4. More Enemy Types ("Pulse Drone, Siren 1.0, Flock Guard, FTM Router, Lvl2 Elite Units")
5. More Daemons ("Castle, Shock, Chiton, Jolt, Echo, Portcullis")
6. New Side Missions ("Adds several optional tasks with various rewards that may show up during a mission")
7. New Endless ("Difficulty continues to ramp after difficulty 10 up to 20")
8. Endless Contignency Mission ("A special objective at Day 4 adds new challenges to endless mode")

- Example mod ("XMPL") settings: [58:55]
1. enable new agent
2. replace augment on existing agent
3. enable new program
4. enable new daemon

- Contingency Plan campaign settings: [58:51]

1. Extended Campaign ("A new objective at the 0 hour will unlock an extra 48 hours of campaign time with escalating difficulty")
2. Extra Agents ("Rush, Draco, Olivia, Derek")
3. Extra Programs ("Burst, Golem, Bless, Cycle")
4. More Enemy Types ("Pulse Drone, Siren 1.0, Flock Guard, FTM Router, Lvl2 Elite Units")
5. More Daemons ("Castle, Shock, Chiton, Jolt, Echo, Portcullis")
6. New Side Missions ("Adds several optional tasks with various rewards that may show up during a mission")
7. New Endless ("Difficulty continues to ramp after difficulty 10 up to 20")
8. Endless Contignency Mission ("A special objective at Day 4 adds new challenges to endless mode")

Good catch, that was easy to miss since he scrolled over them fast and went straight into talking about his mod.

Other features of note from this article assuming these aren't scrapped features:

• 3x3 teleporter. Probably shouldn't overthink this, it may not be possible to control 9 characters in a mission but decided to make the pad that big anyway.
  • Derek (young Monst3r) has a method of teleporting
  • A way to get 6 programs at once. Might be restricted to a game mode, or maybe it's a bonus from a side mission.

I've been looking forward to the DLC and it's content (especially having more programs to play around with).

I'm not very worried about the update changing a lot of things (because obviously it doesn't) I am more concerned about the DLC itself.

I haven't watched their stream yet (actually I think I should do that now) but depending on how big the update is the game is bound to change more or less.

That was what I meant with my question. Does it change existing things or just add new stuff?

I know that they will likely be fixing certain things (either in the accompanying update or the DLC itself) like Fusion's cooldown or the change to Shock Trap 3, but I assume that a majority of items will either be left as is or modified slightly to work with the new content. Otherwise a majority of the base game content will probably be the same (item and mechanics).

I could be wrong, though I assume that this will be the case if it is similar to other major content expansions.

• Developer

Hey Cyberboy2000, as you guessed, the DLC basically just adds content to the base game files using the mod-api. Though, Update 12 that comes out at the same time changes some of the base game files. Most of the changes are just additions as well, but there still could be some interruptions with old mods depending on how they were done.

<p>

Good catch, that was easy to miss since he scrolled over them fast and went straight into talking about his mod.

Other features of note from this article assuming these aren't scrapped features:

• 3x3 teleporter. Probably shouldn't overthink this, it may not be possible to control 9 characters in a mission but decided to make the pad that big anyway.
  • Derek (young Monst3r) has a method of teleporting
  • A way to get 6 programs at once. Might be restricted to a game mode, or maybe it's a bonus from a side mission.

Oh man I hope these aren't scrapped ideas!

Tell me, can somebody confirm that they aren't?

I think so, but at least not until you start a new mission

If that's true, then I hope the vault I'm about to raid (or the nanofab I hit up later) has a secondary server with Power Drip or something on it before I have to do my OMNI run.  I sip PWR, but don't really have anything to make more once I use it.

Cyberboy2000 is correct. It will update your Shock Trap IIIs, but not until you start a new mission.

Thanks for the confirmation.  I got Emergency Reserve during the vault run, so I should be good.  :)

Looking forward to getting the DLC as soon as I can.  I know I've said it before, but thank you guys so much for making such a well-polished game!

Archived