Don't Starve: Resumptus

6 hours ago, minespatch said:

My island already had them generated, so I just approached one and they started to scuttle away. Pooping grass in terror.

Actually their tail is grass and the drop than when they run. I assume it grows at the same time as regular tufts but I'm not entirely sure.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

5a53dcd91ba8f_hammerhead.thumb.png.c28a0be7099a0d62cf2fbb3c119ca998.png

I've been having artist's block lately so I doodled an idea I've had for awhile.

Awww! Poor Maxwell, everybody hates him! Awesome job, I love how you did her pose! It's very expressive and dynamic! *o*

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mistikl said:

Awww! Poor Maxwell, everybody hates him! Awesome job, I love how you did her pose! It's very expressive and dynamic! *o*

Yeah...I keep drawing Maxwell as a punching bag which is odd because I also think he's a really interesting character...

Edited by Quoth143
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Quoth143 said:

I keep Maxwell as a punching bag which is odd because I also think he's a really interesting character...

Mix him with Deathstroke, and that would be he who would keep everybody else as his punchbags! :devilish:  Yeah, he is pretty interesting character, but, in my opinion he is a little bit limited in this environment.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mistikl said:

Mix him with Deathstroke, and that would be he who would keep everybody else as his punchbags! :devilish:  Yeah, he is pretty interesting character, but, in my opinion he is a little bit limited in this environment.

In the Don't Starve environment or the fandom? 

Just now, Quoth143 said:

In the Don't Starve environment or the fandom?

I guess both. Not too long ago we talk with my friend about that, and, I still don't exactly know what prevent him more to become more complex, sympathetic or just more interesting. Well, of course DS is not a show, or a game with more plot and cut-scenes to develop characters more deeply, but, more screen time and interactions with other characters might help. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mistikl said:

I guess both. Not too long ago we talk with my friend about that, and, I still don't exactly know what prevent him more to become more complex, sympathetic or just more interesting. Well, of course DS is not a show, or a game with more plot and cut-scenes to develop characters more deeply, but, more screen time and interactions with other characters might help. 

Probably, maybe a small comic every once in awhile, that being said I could try that myself in my own drawings. 

• Like 1

Just now, Quoth143 said:

Probably, maybe a small comic every once in awhile, that being said I could try that myself in my own drawings. 

I think that might work! ^o^ But, I just try to compare him to my all time favorite villains/antagonists etc, and find that special something what work so well for them, and what exactly Maxwell lack. O_o (But first thing they all share is white hair... XD I don't even wanna know how Max would look with  white hair! XD ) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mistikl said:

I think that might work! ^o^ But, I just try to compare him to my all time favorite villains/antagonists etc, and find that special something what work so well for them, and what exactly Maxwell lack. O_o (But first thing they all share is white hair... XD I don't even wanna know how Max would look with  white hair! XD ) 

Actually I've been meaning to try and draw him and Albert more since I've realized that Albert would be the one with the least amount of anger towards him in reality (he thinks listening to a talking voice on the radio was really stupid of Wilson).  

• Like 1

(he thinks listening to a talking voice on the radio was really stupid of Wilson)

XD Well, it is stupid, but Wilson was despaired at that point! And, Higgsbury wasn't threaten to ... do anything unappropriated for a gentleman scientist for that knowledge so... He give it a try! :D And, yeah, Wilson is probably more underdeveloped than Maxwell, but, he has a lot more room to work with! 

• Like 2

Just now, Mistikl said:

XD Well, it is stupid, but Wilson was despaired at that point! And, Higgsbury wasn't threaten to ... do anything unappropriated for a gentleman scientist for that knowledge so... He give it a try! :D And, yeah, Wilson is probably more underdeveloped than Maxwell, but, he has a lot more room to work with! 

That's true, part of being a scientist is stepping into the unknown. 

• Like 1

That's true, part of being a scientist is stepping into the unknown. 

XD Perhaps. I'm more fascinated with the way people portrait him in fanfictions! XD But Dark!Wilson just win my heart! *o* And he always have all reasons to act like cynical jerk there, I mean, he is not exactly a good guy, killing mice, crows, turkey, etc, and since he is a scientist, there must be a lot of corpses of other animals he experimented on, and, there must be pretty good reason why he live all alone in the wood, far away from civilization. O_o

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mistikl said:

XD Perhaps. I'm more fascinated with the way people portrait him in fanfictions! XD But Dark!Wilson just win my heart! *o* And he always have all reasons to act like cynical jerk there, I mean, he is not exactly a good guy, killing mice, crows, turkey, etc, and since he is a scientist, there must be a lot of corpses of other animals he experimented on, and, there must be pretty good reason why he live all alone in the wood, far away from civilization. O_o

I think one of my favorite ideas on Wilson's character comes from thememime on Tumblr. Wilson is a bit of a manchild as he has a lot of weird lines about him wanting to stick random things in his mouth (for science...) is playful and gullible in a lot of ways and that while his dissecting of animals can spell out sociopath tendencies it's more out of childish naivety rather than malice. Still not okay but I liked that description the most. 

Edited by Quoth143
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

Wilson is a bit of a manchild

Who pigs out on sweets whenever an find them.:wilson_sneaky:

Welp, there goes George the shadow fencer(trademarked by Blob). Yeeeah, MAxwell is my punching bag too. He gives me the creeps at times but he has the heart of copper so yeah. I'd probably be friends with William Carter compared to what Maxwell became.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1