Other Problems with PVP...

- Friendly Fire: So this is the most irritating one. There needs to be some kind of system that prevents me from hitting friendly players when you hold ALT F. This is especially a problem with darts, if there are multiple people in a fight, using darts is impossible without hitting your own team mates. And no, this isn´t a "But King it makes the game harder" thing it´s a "The game is broken, fix it" thing.

- Combat Logging: I just had an awful experience of someone just logging off every time they were loosing a fight, or they would just steal and burn everything, and then log out. There needs to be something stopping this. 

- Wigfrid: As much as I love Wigfrid, she is OP as hell. It´s only because she is the only character that start´s off with armour and weapons every time she spawns. Basically what will happen is that a player will find your base, attack, die, re-spawns as Wigfred and then return immediately to attack. So basically you keep killing them and they keep re-spawning as Wigfred (without having to prepare anything as they spawn with supplies) until basically you are worn out and a player that has only been alive for a day can finally kill you and destroy all your progress.

Wigfrid doesn't respawn with her items after the first death though (unless it's wilderness, but then it will take her a while to find your base again)

As for combat logging and friendly fire, you might be able to find a few mods that help with that, but a party system and some in-combat logout penalties would have to be added by Klei. 

Friendly fire:

THERE IS ADVANCED SYSTEM THAT CAN TELL IF THAT PLAYER IS ONE OF YOUR FRIENDS.

Perhaps if you let your friends hold your weapons so after that your friend won't get hit by it?And this will only last for 10 mins

Wigfridge:She is op

Combat logging:In some other games that i play,there will always be a system that makes you cannot log out until you die or defeat the enemies

Wigfrid shouldn't spawn with armor, nor should Webber spawn with a spider nest. While some people think that the spider nest is for griefing, my main complaint is that other people don't factor in that other people are on the server and aren't playing webber. They should still be able to craft their things, but not spawn with it.

Wigfrid's gear should also only be equippable by wigfrid players.

As for combat logging, I think that there should be a 30 second combat log so that you can't log off within 30 seconds. As in, the disconnect button is grayed out. There's some games where combat logging results in you dropping all your items/force dying, However, it's happened to me a few times where I've been in a situation where I'm running from someone, my game crashes, or the server resets, something like that, and it's discouraging for you to be dead and watch your enemy pick up all your items.

For combat logging all you really need to do is make it where when you log out of a pvp enabled server you drop all your items, like you would upon death. So if you have an established base (and they implement lockable chests) dump your crap in there, if not, you start fresh when you jump on. So they lose any advantages they might have had and you get their stuff anyways, regardless of them logging or not

For combat logging all you really need to do is make it where when you log out of a pvp enabled server you drop all your items, like you would upon death. So if you have an established base (and they implement lockable chests) dump your crap in there, if not, you start fresh when you jump on. So they lose any advantages they might have had and you get their stuff anyways, regardless of them logging or not

As for combat logging, I think that there should be a 30 second combat log so that you can't log off within 30 seconds. As in, the disconnect button is grayed out. There's some games where combat logging results in you dropping all your items/force dying, However, it's happened to me a few times where I've been in a situation where I'm running from someone, my game crashes, or the server resets, something like that, and it's discouraging for you to be dead and watch your enemy pick up all your items.

Friendly fire:

THERE IS ADVANCED SYSTEM THAT CAN TELL IF THAT PLAYER IS ONE OF YOUR FRIENDS.

Perhaps if you let your friends hold your weapons so after that your friend won't get hit by it?And this will only last for 10 mins

Uhhhhh what? There's no advanced system that I know of that does that. A mod, maybe?

Wigfrid doesn't respawn with her items after the first death though (unless it's wilderness, but then it will take her a while to find your base again)

As for combat logging and friendly fire, you might be able to find a few mods that help with that, but a party system and some in-combat logout penalties would have to be added by Klei. 

I´m talking about Wilnderness and they find your base rather quickly. I´ll look up the mods tho.

Friendly Fire

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=433644012&searchtext=friend

Combat Logging

I suggest the same rule as with sleeping in tents, if the player has ANY form of danger nearby or aggro'd on it, they cannot log out.

Of course this will result in people simply alt+f4-ing so in that regard it's unfixable. (What's that a PvE game not handling PvP correctly? Madness!)

Wigfrid

KLEI PLZ NERF UR GAEM SU PVP WERKZ. 

All in all DS will always be a PvE focused game with PvP glued on just for a lil' funnsies. Don't take it too seriously, there are way too many issues with it. I am guaranteeing you right now, DST PvP will NEVER be perfect. It is what it is, broken, unbalanced, fun. Entirely there because "Why not?".

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=433644012&searchtext=friend

I suggest the same rule as with sleeping in tents, if the player has ANY form of danger nearby or aggro'd on it, they cannot log out.

Of course this will result in people simply alt+f4-ing so in that regard it's unfixable. (What's that a PvE game not handling PvP correctly? Madness!)

KLEI PLZ NERF UR GAEM SU PVP WERKZ. 

All in all DS will always be a PvE focused game with PvP glued on just for a lil' funnsies. Don't take it too seriously, there are way too many issues with it. I am guaranteeing you right now, DST PvP will NEVER be perfect. It is what it is, broken, unbalanced, fun. Entirely there because "Why not?".

You suggestion can actually work - you can do it like in other pvp/pve games, where if you try to log out while in combat you get a warning that you will not be logged out, and if you choose to continute (or altf4 or something) your character just stays connected, standing and doing nothing until they are out of combat/dead, then logged out. 

Not sure how Klei would go about doing that but if they could I'm all for it. 

It sounds pretty simple in theory - you just don't disconnect the character as long as he's in combat. You keep receiving input from the player (which is none, because he disconnected) - and therefore not move. The only tackle is recognizing that a character is in combat and how to define that. 

It sounds pretty simple in theory - you just don't disconnect the character as long as he's in combat. You keep receiving input from the player (which is none, because he disconnected) - and therefore not move. The only tackle is recognizing that a character is in combat and how to define that.

The same way they handle the combat music playing they could try to handle defining combat, since that's kind of what they did anyways right?

Combat logging is currently the best way to make people waste pan flute charges or to make light if you dont have a torch.

Friendly Fire is best used to get groups attacking you to screw up. Best way to avoid this is to hold ctrl and left click on who you want to attack but that's more for ranged attacks.

Archived