Just..Chill.Go create a private server.Go play on non PvP server.Just chill

JoeW and the Devs team will fix the semi broken PvP.Ok.Just move on.Everything is now the past.Move on..Chill

And if you guys want to start a fight.Plese,just private message each other.This is not a boxing ring where you guys fight and everyone enjoy watching it.If you guys want,just private message.Ok?

Now you guys just calm down and chill

I think Derpime wants you to chill. :p

It's honestly best to use range when it comes to movementpredictionless players (or just players in general), otherwise you get stunlocked and all sorts of nasty things happen. If you don't have that, trigger a spider den and run.

It all resolves around unreal expectations.

OP wanted the PvP server to be a cooperative game with friendly-fire, that is, you can kill people if they cross you, or if you misclick. Or you can play punch wars.

But in reality it is a ruthless game mode where even the dead people can hunt you! It is all about reaching Winter being the only one prepared. There is a LOT of deception. People will find you base, play nice, pretend to help, and when you are not seeing they will steal your supplies, hammer your ice box for gears, burn the rest. They will misdirect newbies to the swamp.They will hide their firepits in strange corners. They will hunt and kill players alive for a long time. 

If you see a Wolfgang or Wigfrid in a PvP server, BEWARE. :-D

And above all, low ping rules, as Mario said a few posts back. But I´ve beaten lower ping dudes with better strategy. A Ham Bat is a VERY GOOD strategy.

Are you really ranting about the disable movement prediction command?
Can we take a moment and search out what this particular command does when it's input from a client's perspective? I feel like I need to explain this in multiple ways for you to understand why it isn't a cheat. I'll start with the most simple explanation that I can create.

The "bullshit" command trades smoothness with chopiness. Movement prediction was created to help and polish the gameplay, to make your motion all pretty and fluid. How does this work? When you enter it in the console, it switches between your stategraph as a client (which was set up with the prediction function) with the server's; basically, everything you are going to see it's your actual location, the actual motion that everybody else sees. So rubberbanding is out of the game (essentially).

How does this help in PVP? The potential of viewing your location on the server and registering your actions without being blocked by the smoothness makes the overall experience feel more like LAN parties, therefore local multiplayer. Why? Because your vision is now server-sided, therefore lag is less noticeable.  Sort of. That's why it's not bullshit.

Is this command flawless? Not at all. There are cases in servers with highping and such in which the time the server allocates to enter your actions is very delayed, making it really hard to control your character since you have to see 20 seconds in the future to know exactly what you are doing. But is it really that bad in comparison with the "intended" gameplay lag design? It's well worth it.

Want to improve your chances now? ThePlayer:EnableMovementPrediction(false)
(The command was available since October 4th 2014 btw, where have you been?)

Question...How do I do the whole command thing? Where do I type this?

I agree that this is pretty pointless now.

Its not a cheat. It's a feature that can be used that changes the way your client interacts with the server. The reason Movement Prediction is on by default is because it's more stable, especially in cases of high ping/slow connection. If it was disabled by default, you'd get a lot of people complaining about how choppy it can be. Yes, it's not a super well known fact that you can turn it off. But anybody who cares enough about a game to get so incredibly pissed off about losing should really do their research on how to optimize every part of their experience.

im not saying this to be rude, but if there are two things that you should take away from this topic, it's (a) try to be a bit more calm about it. No matter how much work you put into it, it's a video game that has no real world effect. And (b) you really shouldn't assume that every possible option to optimize your experience is within the options menu. Ive made small and large changes to the files that other games I play use, and it really can make a world of difference in terms of performance, graphics, and connection speed. This isn't a criticism against you; it's a real piece of advice. Learn how to optimize your personal game experience before you play it.

You're totally allowed to be upset about it the first time, but if you're just going to keep complaining and calling it a cheat then there's really no way we can help you. Until you play on more amicable servers or actually use the command that clearly allows for "better" fighting, there's nothing that can be done to help. So please stop complaining, because it's becoming very obvious that you're more interested in complaining than actually listening to what we're trying to tell you.

But anybody who cares enough about a game to get so incredibly pissed off about losing should really do their research on how to optimize every part of their experience.

He isn't mad that he lost. He's mad that he lost to a cheater and could literally do nothing about it.

It's one thing to prepare for fights by watching videos, reading wikis and practicing, and another thing to open the console and type what amounts to a cheat code. Expecting PvP'ers to do the former is rational. Expecting them to do the latter is not.

He isn't mad that he lost. He's mad that he lost to a cheater and could literally do nothing about it.

It's one thing to prepare for fights by watching videos, reading wikis and practicing, and another thing to open the console and type what amounts to a cheat code. Expecting PvP'ers to do the former is rational. Expecting them to do the latter is not.

OMG THANK YOU! FINALLY SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS. I LOVE U. 

93804-Key-and-Peele-thank-you-gif-Im-akK

OMG THANK YOU! FINALLY SOMEONE UNDERSTANDS. I LOVE U. 

I knew you two would get along. Same mindset. 

As people are trying to say... The code is not a "cheat", any more than going into options and changing a hotkey. Klei has not made it a hotkey because (as my best guess) they don't want this to be the solution to the problem. Klei has also not said this is a cheat/hack/etc. 

If it was a button to switch movement prediction on or off, would you be so mad? If so, I have nothing more to say. If not, you're only mad at a small technicality. 

Christ, I can't believe this is still going. If you empty your anger on a forum with a "friendly" atmosphere, after everything is said and done all you'll end up with is regret.

There was a conflict. How it started, I can't say for sure, but guess what? It's over now so it doesn't matter. One person lost, the other won. The end. Move on.

spawned as Wigfred and somehow killed three players in a row

I see nothing surprising here....

I admit, I did say Swiggity Swooty, and yes I wont lie; I came for that booty

Wow, that's worth a perma-ban and three years in jail, mate.

@TheKingofSquirrels, Please do not spam. I know you're angry, and in some parts you kinda have a point, but just spamming and repeatedly calling out on other players and forum users is not helping you. I do agree that disabling movement prediction is something that should not be possible in game, or at least more accessible, so that all PvP directed players can use it with no problem, but I don't think just yelling here is going to do much. Try to calm down and write a more precise report of, not your bad experiences with it, but how it is bad for the game in general, with possibly some suggestions.

Anger won't do you much good when we're all just bunches of text.

Just..Chill.

This

private server.

That.

Macros ftw.

Why are you so late here? You were supposed to be here since the beginnning.

@Flare2V, since when are you so reasonable? :p

Meh, PvP is rubbish if people exit during combat. Not to mention that it would be much better with tribes/teams instead of having the ability to kill everybody (though, what I've noticed is that only a few people are actually hostile in PvP servers; more people are just there to co-operate anyway, so may be it might be just some psychos who don't want to bear the consequences irl by doing bad **** and just do "bad ****" in games, ei? Cause there aren't any consequences, like if you die in game, you aren't dead irl and you can just respawn.)

You seriously don´t expect human beings to cheat when it is possible?

People cheat all the time, in every game.

Meh, PvP is rubbish if people exit during combat. Not to mention that it would be much better with tribes/teams instead of having the ability to kill everybody (though, what I've noticed is that only a few people are actually hostile in PvP servers; more people are just there to co-operate anyway, so may be it might be just some psychos who don't want to bear the consequences irl by doing bad **** and just do "bad ****" in games, ei? Cause there aren't any consequences, like if you die in game, you aren't dead irl and you can just respawn.)

Did you really intend to drudge up your own assessment of psychological motivations based on morality as the reason why people kill in video games? 

Did you really intend to drudge up your own assessment of psychological motivations based on morality as the reason why people kill in video games? 

Not in video games, but in this game particular, as it is a survival element one, and though far from reality in terms of survival, it could demonstrate what people would do, if they were given to do absolutely anything in a survival video game (with certain "natural" game mechanics, if you know what I'm talking about) and how many of them would do which particular thing, why they would do that etc.

@enragedcamel

I can see how that argument makes sense to somebody who considers this method "cheating."

I don't consider it -real- cheating though, so I really have nothing more to say. I understand why you're saying, but I don't agree. :)

@thekingofsquirrels

My biggest hope is that you just learn to calm down a little bit. No matter what happens/happened... It's a video game.

Wait, those are contradictory points, what are you saying here exactly?

I´m saying that some people will do whatever they can to gain unfair advantage, and when confronted they will say it is not unfair because anybody can do the same.

I personally don´t think the macro is cheating, it is just exploiting a game in beta stage. Wigfrid + Macro + Low ping = 99% win.

I´m saying that some people will do whatever they can to gain unfair advantage, and when confronted they will say it is not unfair because anybody can do the same.

I personally don´t think the macro is cheating, it is just exploiting a game in beta stage. Wigfrid + Macro + Low ping = 99% win.

First point. Well, it is sort of unfair if you play as Wigfrid whilst others play as different characters, as she gets full potential of her abilities right from the get go, while most of the other players need to try a little harder to gain the goods from their abilities.

Second point. If you're in a Wilderness mode and play as Wickerbottom, well, actually I won't tell anything about this, as it's a secret of mine... But, what is macro?

First point. Well, it is sort of unfair if you play as Wigfrid whilst others play as different characters, as she gets full potential of her abilities right from the get go, while most of the other players need to try a little harder to gain the goods from their abilities.

Second point. If you're in a Wilderness mode and play as Wickerbottom, well, actually I won't tell anything about this, as it's a secret of mine... But, what is macro?

By keeping that second point a secret, you are only validating what he said :)

I´m saying that some people will do whatever they can to gain unfair advantage

Some people, yes, mainly because it works out better for them (*cough*hencewhyihatecapitalism*cough*) and they're selfish like that, though, co-operation has its benefits too, and not only does it benefit most, if not all people who co-operate, but also bring those people together as friends or comrades, and really, that is what DST was supposed to be all about; togetherness.

@Syph Well, I'm keeping my Wickerbottom PvP method a big secret for two reasons:

1) It could benefit me later on, in case I decide to play some Wilderness PvP worlds (haven't found a decent world yet; usually empty ones).

2) If it goes viral, well, we all know what will then happen; PvPers will be more powerful than ever before, so keeping it a secret from people like Flare2V is actually pretty wise.

(*cough*hencewhyihatecapitalism*cough*) 

I haven't been able to get on my PC since yesterday, and I don't really like typing lots of words using my phone, so I'll send the second part of my argument when I get back on my PC.

Did you already read (and loved) all my source articles?  :love-struck:  :love-struck:  :love-struck:  :love-struck:

Archived