Lucy, I'm Home! Or Are you a figment of my imagination?

Yay!! Wooooooooddddehh!!

• If Lucy is lost or abandoned, she will take over a new axe the next time Woodie performs a chopping action

Hmm... this brings up questions about what Lucy really is... (an these have all been brought up before)

One possibility is that Lucy could be a figment of Woodie's imagination, if that's the case, why do regular axes suddenly gain unlimited uses if in fact Woodie  is imagining her?

Another possibility would be that Lucy is in fact a supernatural entity, a ghost perhaps, that tags along with Woodie and has the ability to possess objects, more specifically, axes... why axes? Is it just because Woodie is a lumber jack and likes axes, or is there a much darker story?

This has been told in whispers... that Woodie, murdered a woman named Lucy -- whom most have argued could be his wife -- and his current personality and obsession was the result or the cause of her death. Now, as a spirit, she possess the thing that was the cause of her death -- the axe. But her regard towards Woodie is affection, not of regret, although when nearing transformation, Lucy warns Woodie about it suggesting that it is dangerous... not really hinting towards her death though.

His werebeaver state, could be a legitimate cause of a bite from a werebever, or a curse that was brought upon him after cutting down too many trees... or even a Living Tree (Totally Normal Tree)

But after digging around in his speech files I found:

LIVINGTREE = "I feel conflicted, eh?",

There is not much animosity, which would suggest that cutting down a TNT was not a cause of his curse. How did he come about this curse?

Also, not really part of the mystery but:

LIVINGLOG = "I am going to keep you, and call you Frank."

A Reference... or is it something hinting to his insanity? Naming inanimate objects seems to be somewhat of a thing...

O__O

LIVINGLOG = "I am going to keep you, and call you Frank."   A Reference... or is it something hinting to his insanity? Naming inanimate objects seems to be somewhat of a thing...

I forget what it was referencing. But that quote instantly makes me think back to the old Looney Toons cartoons with the abominable snowman.

One possibility is that Lucy could be a figment of Woodie's imagination, if that's the case, why do regular axes suddenly gain unlimited uses if in fact Woodie  is imagining her?
maybe Lucy is a projection of his hallucinations into a physical object. My theory is that he has schizophrenia of the audio-visual kind(not sure if it has a name), as he is paranoid about birds, delusional about his need to chop wood and has hallucinations about some "Lucy" entity that manifests itself in the form of a talking axe. When an axe turns into lucy, it only means that he has started seeing that axe as Lucy. I won't argue wheter Lucy was once some real entity or if it is just the most common manifestation of his hallucination, as I don't think there's much to support either theories.

How did he come about this curse?
Mate, Werebeaver are like a plague in Canada. It's hard to find a Canadian Lumberjack who is not one these days.

A Reference... or is it something hinting to his insanity? Naming inanimate objects seems to be somewhat of a thing...
and hating birds is...?

I've honestly had thoughts about this kind of stuff for long since his release.

All things are read differently depending on who's playing...

Would I be allowed to post my own thoughts on this, in your thread or would you rather I make my own?

@RalphKastro Considering how his sanity drains like a whirlpool into a salt mine now, he could simply just have teetered and fell into it all. Nothing's to say he was mentally ill before coming here.

He could have been driven mad when he got here. He could be a very old survivor who's been around for such a while that things have changed and his mind just simply isn't there like it used to be.

Not to mention that being cursed could be slowly breaking his humanity and making him more of a beast than he ever would've been.

I forget what it was referencing. But that quote instantly makes me think back to the old Looney Toons cartoons with the abominable snowman.

That is a brilliant one, "I'll call you George."

But...

Most likely a reference to 'Casted Away' and the volleyball named Wilson.

Immediately the man was noted to be...not all there...at least imo.

post-386662-0-62957700-1436502232_thumb.

I feel like he accidentally killed Lucy in beaver form, and she somehow came to possess the axe. I bet Maxwell promised to undo his curse with the door, and that's how Woodie was captured. Tow questions remain. Can Woodie hear Lucy? We never see him acknowledge her speaking. Also, how did he get cursed?

Maybe Woodie's secretly a wizard that can give life to inanimate things like axes. The only problem is that he doesn't actually know he's a wizard so he's never practiced his powers. He's so inexperienced that he can only bring life to axes, and even then, only when they're in his hands.

And I dunno what's up with his beaver powers. Side effect of being a wizard?

Woodie is Azor Ahai reborn. He killed Lucy, his wife, who is nissa nissa. Lucy the axe is Lightbringer. It is known.

Night gathers, and now Woodies watch begins. It shall not end until his death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the axe in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

He is a Warg, a skinchanger. They are often warned, that they lose their minds when they are too long in the skin of the beast.

On Woodie: What uses has his Werebeaver form right now? he seems too weak to fight. He could produce a lot of wood, but his single player fighting prowess is gone since he loses health and dies when being attacked. Wouldnt it be better if he woul lose log meter first if he was attacked?

Night gathers, and now Woodies watch begins. It shall not end until his death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the axe in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.

He commited some minor crimes of lack of education. Now he has to wear Plaid.

Edit: Although, how does one protect Canada from the things from further North? Maybe Alaskan border patrol?

Archived