Best charecter (I have experience)

Wigfrid is really good. Once you have a bird cage you can farm spider as you want  which gives health, sanity and food + she has a good spear and a good helmet.

The DST version of Willow is pretty good in my opinion: with her lighter she has a reliable light source and she can cook on it which can allow to save resources. The Teddy is a bonus.

The new Woodie seems to be really interesting: you can now cut as many trees as you want (and really fast) as long as you eat some logs. It also allows you to win some sanity (5 adult trees = 30 secs to chop down, 6 log to refill the werebeaver meter, 14 logs for your reserve and 10 pine-cones for 50 sanity).

Finally, I would say that Wickerbottom is good with her books if you can control her sanity.

Wilson is well rounded.

Wolfgang is not that good if you plan to share food.

WX is not good considering the rarity of gears.

Wendy and Webber are ok.

Wes is "hard mode".

WX is not good considering the rarity of gears.

Actually, there can be multiple clockwork chess biomes in a world, and gears aren't that rare from tumbleweeds in Don't Starve Together. So WX can be very good if you don't start in Spring! 

I think it depends your playstyle: what you like or not...

As for me:

Wendy: Abigail can kill some enemies alone like spiders,bees.. If Abigail cant solo it you just assist her and let her tank (step back when the enemy is attacking you,comeback,repeat)

-

Wickerbottom: I did underestimate her for a while til I try her! Her books are amazing:

1' Set your farm,berry bushes,saplings,grasses on a clear place on your map and near your camp. Loot everything and make sure its fertilized: Use applied horticulture book (everything will grow back instant!)

2' Really need food? Summon birds, use sleepytime stories, spear em all!

3' On tentacles: Great because its like a trap but you have to be careful because they also attack you (you'll get used to avoid their attacks). Summon tentacles near a spider nest, drag spiders on the tentacles, profit!

I havent tried the end is nigh book yet so I cant talk about that one.

-

Wigfrid: Awesome regen skill, +can craft her a better spear and helm and its cheaper to craft.

Con: She can only eat meat. So you always have to carry some meat with you,you cant eat mushrooms or glommer goop to restore some hp/sanity.

With other characters (except wigfrid) you can just wander around in spring/fall and fill your hunger easily with cooked berries,cooked carrots,cooked seeds.....  On wigfrid you always have to rely on meat and it can be harder than fruits/vegetables to find.

-

Wolfgang: Good stats when on mighty form,use mighty form only for combat. I usually leave him in wimpy form when i do not plans to fight anything.. his hunger decrease faster when full so dont bother maxing it if you're not going to fight.

-

WX: If you're playing with friends he can be good. Save the gears to craft everything you need then you can save it to 15 and eat em all to increase your stats or eat gears when you find some. Con: you lose those stats if you die but you drop some gears that you ate (not all of it).

What, for PvP? Or for co-operative? Well, generally speaking, I'll have to admit that it's Wickerbottom. Why though, I won't tell. My method is even more of a secret than the name of my second mod project.

Actually, there can be multiple clockwork chess biomes in a world, and gears aren't that rare from tumbleweeds in Don't Starve Together. So WX can be very good if you don't start in Spring! 

That's right, but in my experience everyone try to keep the gears they find to build their base.

Considering the fact that there could be many little bases and several WX on a server, it is less effective to be him.

I shouldn't have said that WX is not good but that he is less good than in singleplayer.

I havent tried the end is nigh book yet so I cant talk about that one.
I think it only has two uses

Juan: Charging volt goats for volt milk.

Two: Charging WX-78 for winter so he doesn't freeze nor use up warm up stuff.

@GiddyGuy,Tree: Use it in the middle of someone else's base and laugh maniacally(Flare style) while lightning falls from above destroying everything it touches.
Oh yeah I forgot people were talking about that I'm too nice and lazy to do that (mostly lazy). xD 

@GiddyGuy,Tree: Use it in the middle of someone else's base and laugh maniacally(Flare style) while lightning falls from above destroying everything it touches.

Does it not just hit the lightning rod?  Or should I assume that you hammer it down first?

1. Dont you mean chess set pieces? I believe the biomes are Adventure Mode only.

2. All DST servers (with the default setting 'Together Forever') start in Autumn.

Archived