Hotfix - 140191 - 6/17/2015

140191 - 6/17/2015

Changes

• Chat messages sent by Wes players will no longer appear above his head
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a memory leak when a player disconnects from a server after being resurrected

Have you guys considered disabling chat for Wes?

Would be nice to stay in character, people would pantomine near items to try to express themselves.

This could be an interesting way to play, please hear him klei, without chat wes will remain his difficulty level, even in multiplayer, can you imagine?, more emotes for wes to "try" to informate the other players about locations, resources or situations, emotes that means yes, no, come or this way, could be?

Even so, I do believe that this is a good alternative for Wes not being able to talk. Since the Flood gates have opened, many people will be infuriated at the fact Wes couldn't have chat options. Wes may still be able to talk, but atleast it feels better to not have text above his head when he speaks, besides, I'm pretty sure they have far more important things to work on, such as balancing Waxwell and Woodie, as well as finishing up "Through the Ages". :) Thank you Klei for your hardwork! <3

Have you guys considered disabling chat for Wes?

Would be nice to stay in character, people would pantomine near items to try to express themselves.

Yeah... and the next step disable ability to chat for people who are asleep as well. You are sleeping after all.

@Mai, we may as well make Wes like Wilson and then use mods to nerf Wes.

After all, the HARD part of Wes isn't really needed.

It's not really needed, but then again it would be nice to have another layer of difficulty for Wes players.

I like the text not appearing over his head, It's as if he mimes and those around him simply understand what it is he means. However it would enforce the fact that people just "get" what Wes means when he mimes if he could only whisper chat. It would also live up to the hardcore element of the character.

And in fairness get Wes insta-kicked from 99% of servers... hmm..

i just wanna know if this is a bug or added to the game and that is items dont default to the mouse slot when picked up with a full inventory

this is just a bit annoying due to traps going off twice due to the animal falling to the gorund when having a full inventory and also its kinda annoying not being able to to have an item go into that extra slot when picking it up but instead you have to make a free slot then pick up the item

Archived