Unluckiest Moment Ever?

What is everyones most unlucky event in Don't Starve?

I got this idea because I was walking around my camp when a tier 1 spider nest turned into a spider queen, started attacking me unprovoked, and then hounds came, so I brought them down to my bees and bee mines and accidentally hit one of my bees... So at this point I have hounds, spider queen, jumping spiders, regular spiders, and bees all chasing me and I did die once but luckily I had 2 meat effigies (1 now)

Lols yeah... good thing I survived. It was at the cemetery area too. about 6-7 nests. They were all lvl 1s but as Soon as they saw me turned into queens. I think used up 6 helmets and 3 piggies to take them down and trap 2 queens while I fight the other one (how my map has weird land wedges). 0 nests left now and 15 eggs. Time to hunt guardians!

Unlucky is when the game **** you over... stupid is when you **** yourself over. I like these threads as it mixes up the usual threads about game-mechanics, tips, show-me-your-base, etc.

I was once organizing my inventory and got eaten by the Grue since I forgot to add fuel to the and it died... Though I think this qualifies as more of a stupid moment :D

Well, that is true, but try to avoid using bad language as someone did a poll on how old the player base of DS was and there was a lot of 0-15 year olds. Even though some of the language they come out with sometimes can be shocking :p

Well, that is true, but try to avoid using bad language as someone did a poll on how old the player base of DS was and there was a lot of 0-15 year olds. Even though some of the language they come out with sometimes can be shocking :p

My stance is that it should be something the parents monitor if they allow their kids onto the internet? Also there is far worse out there on the net that the profanity in here... and profanity in general. I think it isn't not our job to modify our language to make up for someone else's bad parenting.

Though I do respect your request and will try to limit my profanity going forward.

My stance is that it should be something the parents monitor if they allow their kids onto the internet? Also there is far worse out there on the net that the profanity in here... and profanity in general. I think it isn't not our job to modify our language to make up for someone else's bad parenting.

Though I do respect your request and will try to limit my profanity going forward.

From the Community Standards Policy thread...

Obscenity: Foul language is not permitted in the Klei Entertainment Community or related services. Excessive use of foul language is not permitted and will be treated as a disruption to other players. This includes public and private discussion as well as user names or any other communication within community services controlled by Klei Entertainment. This also includes in-game player names, chats, and forums.
So yeah, watch your language.

From the Community Standards Policy thread...So yeah, watch your language.

Define "excessive" :)

But seriously I can understand why you wouldn't want bad language in the forums. Even though the way in which it was used in this thread was more for comical effect. I think the spirit of the Community Standards Policy on obscenity was targeted towards those individuals who swear at others. In that case it would be a simple application of banhammer according to policy.

I would have to agree with Flash on this one. The language wasn't necessarily excessive, and it wasn't used in a hostile way towards another. Even PG-13 movies are allowed to say "****."

Back on topic. I once tried to sleep to get back some of my health, as I had barely survived an encounter with a tentacle the day before. Wake up the next morning, Abigail spawns and murders me in a second. Great, thanks.

I would have to agree with Flash on this one. The language wasn't necessarily excessive, and it wasn't used in a hostile way towards another. Even PG-13 movies are allowed to say "****."

Back on topic. I once tried to sleep to get back some of my health, as I had barely survived an encounter with a tentacle the day before. Wake up the next morning, Abigail spawns and murders me in a second. Great, thanks.

LOL! I swear this game conspires to kill you sometimes... It's almost as if Klei somehow programmed HATE into the code...

I had been carefully hatching two eggs for a couple of days. At dawn I clicked on one of them in order to place it closer to the fire. At this very moment both eggs hatched out and before I could do anything my character gave the bird a good swing of spear, which instantly killed it. The second bird then became hostile and I had to kill it as well.

Before the Spider Queen update, I decided to clear out my inventory of everything but some food, and then put on a Log Suit, leaving my backpack at my camp.

Went out, killed about a bajillion spiders and took down 3-4 Tier 3 Nests, acquiring 2 stacks of Monster Meat, a stack of Silk, some Spider Eggs, plus whatever else I grabbed on the way.

I only made it three quarters of the way back to my base before night fell. Guess who didn't have any Logs or Grass on him? Guess who died to the Grue after slaying every spider in existance? Yeah, felt like a complete doofus. I realize it was mostly my fault, but it felt like bad luck to die in such a way - especially since if I had realized my predicament about 30 seconds earlier, I probably could have scrounged up the materials for a Torch at least. >.<