Invisible Inc - Update 11 and the PEIA DLC teaser

• Developer

Welcome back operators!  

Here's what's coming up for Invisible, Inc. in July:

Update 11: Fresh Code
So many of you have gone out of your way to post some great things about Invisible, Inc. throughout the web that we wanted to say thank you in the form of a new free update.

Besides the usual bug fixing and balance adjustments, we've been building a host of new programs to challenge your play styles in new ways. Several new starting programs as well as an assortment of utility programs available from that damned cat. New ways to handle Daemons and use Tags. New ways to collect information and new passives to focus your strategy down one path or another. Here's a couple more teaser images. I've heard if you squint hard you can make out what they say:

post-251510-0-94730200-1433963404_thumb.

The PEIA DLC
At the same time, we've been putting together a collection of agents that used to work for the now defunct Pan-Euro Infosec Agency. A kind of "what if" they were still around to help Incognita deal with the new corporate threat.

Along with lore from 30 years before the game events, these agents will provide new challenges to your starting setup and endgame builds with new augments and equipment. As well as some familiar faces you will also meet Rush and Draco, two of the top agents of PEIA.

post-251510-0-84839900-1433963405_thumb.

Agent Bios:
Name:Collette ‘Rush’ Phan - "Adrenaline Junkie"
Hometown:Paris
Characteristics: Movement, thrill-seeking, aggression

Rush won gold in the High-Altitude Dive and the 5000m Dash at the 2050 Augment Games. ‘Augletes’ don’t often make it to retirement - the experimental nature of their augmentations tends to catch up with them before they cash out - but Collette was on track. And then the Resource Wars broke out.

Seeing her sponsorships dissipate overnight and facing the prospect of being drafted into the notorious Ground Brigades, she opted to join the PEIA. Her high profile makes her unsuitable for social infiltration work, but her raw athleticism comes in handy once subtlety fails.

Collette was headstrong, aggressive, unpredictable, arrogant, hard to work with, and absolutely worth the trouble. She was the master of the smash-and-grab. No agent that I have worked with since could match her speed and ferocity in the field. In hindsight, this was probably her undoing. Had I maintained better discipline amongst the PEIA agents we may not have lost the Istanbul Run.

Name: Matei ‘Draco’ Cernat- "Creature of darkness"
Hometown: Bucharest
Characteristics: Uses bodies ( both KO and dead ) as a resource.

Born with a rare photo-sensitive skin condition, Matei grew up a recluse in a dimly-lit world of dusty books and old stories. His debut neurval ‘The Data Vampires’, made him a small fortune upon its publication, but he spent much of it re-securing his privacy. Dogged by rumours of strange augmentations and questions about the real-life inspiration for his macabre works, he eventually faked his own death and retreated into the shadows.

When corporate forces overran his hometown in the first major offensive of the war, he emerged from hiding and offered his skills to the PEIA. Strapped for agents, the PEIA didn’t ask too many questions about how a reclusive neurvelist would have attained such skills.

Draco’s methods were certainly unconventional, and I took heat for recruiting him. But what my superiors failed to understand was that we were not fighting a conventional war, and we could not afford to limit ourselves to conventional tactics. The corporations had deeper pockets than we did, and were wholly unaccountable to the system of international justice.

I didn’t have the luxury of restraint. I was charged with interdicting the enemy’s security operations as efficiently as possible, and if bad things happened to a couple of their corpses along the way I make no apologies.
Some day I’ll get around to that silly vampire book. Who has time to read nowadays, anyway?

The Future

We have really enjoyed exploring the possibilities of these new agents and programs, and we really think you will enjoy them too. We'll have more details as we get further along. 

We're still watching all of your suggestions and feedback here and the Steam forum for any possible future updates or DLC. So please keep telling us about what you would like to see in Invisible Inc.

Instead of a paid DLC, can you guys kind of make it like a standalone expansion to the game? What's the cost going to be roughly? Is this going to be overlaid on the current campaign, or will we get a completely new campaign? Only two new agents? What about new enemy corps, or new mission scenarios?

Thanks for the game guys. So damn incredibly addicting, even if I'm not the biggest of fans of games with randomly generated levels. When you've a game like that, you know you did it right! For now, having beaten Expert Ironman after 30 hours, I think I've gotten my monies worth out of the game.

Hey himmatsj, this is just a small DLC for now. We don't have the price details yet.

These are just the two agents we've teased, there are more :-)

Hm. 

:) is an emoticon

Emoticons are code

Dr. Pedler is code

DR PEDLER CONFIRMED FOR INVISIBLE INC

Damn, Flare I was able to get completely by squinting, these two are a little tougher, I think I deciphered enough of Overdrive to get the gist of it. Halt is a bit more guesswork, but seems like it might be something I've been wanting for a long time, or something completely different.

Anyway, very excited for this new stuff. The new agents seem a bit weird, maybe it's the idea of having a "what if" approach when the lore isn't quite fleshed out to answer the plain old "what is", but maybe this is a cool way of doing just that. 

I hate it when people say "Keep up the good work!", but yeah, that.

Damn, Flare I was able to get completely by squinting, these two are a little tougher, I think I deciphered enough of Overdrive to get the gist of it. Halt is a bit more guesswork, but seems like it might be something I've been wanting for a long time, or something completely different.

Care to enlighten us?

Care to enlighten us?

I think it would be kind of rude to say if I knew them all since they went to the trouble of pixelating the description out, but since I don't and they pointed out that you can kind of work them out by squinting I guess they're okay with it.

The one I'm most sure about is Flare, seems it breaks 4 firewalls for 0 PWR, adding 1 to all other firewalls. Has a 3 turn cooldown. 75% sure, maybe missing something but that's the gist.

Overdrive might be a passive program, definitely no cooldown. At first I thought it increases breaking and PWR cost by 1, perhaps Lockpick-only, the word 'PWR' is definitely in there. Looking at it again, it might be some kind of boost to agents, the reason I say that is the icon is appears to be eyes and the allusion to information gathering in the above text.

Halt, um, I really don't know. I couldn't pick out any words apart from the last line just seems to say a PWR cost and maybe the word Daemon is in there. Weird thing is, if that is a PWR cost at the bottom, that could mean that it's an additional cost to activating the program. I'm prepared to be way off on this one.

The trick is that keywords like 'PASSIVE', 'DAEMON' and 'PWR' are always in caps.

Overdrive might be a passive program, definitely no cooldown. At first I thought it increases breaking and PWR cost by 1, perhaps Lockpick-only, the word 'PWR' is definitely in there. Looking at it again, it might be some kind of boost to agents, the reason I say that is the icon is appears to be eyes and the allusion to information gathering in the above text.

Perhaps Overdrive is a passive that increases both breaking power and PWR cost by 1 for all immediate breaking programs(not affecting Parasite), i.e. Lockpick costs 3 PWR and breaks 2 walls, Rapier breaks 2 walls and costs current alarm level plus 2. OR, maybe it is a new type of toggle-able program, that you can turn on or off, kicking programs into "overdrive".

I see the icon as one of those things that have electricity that arcs between two rods.

Perhaps Overdrive is a passive that increases both breaking power and PWR cost by 1 for all immediate breaking programs(not affecting Parasite), i.e. Lockpick costs 3 PWR and breaks 2 walls, Rapier breaks 2 walls and costs current alarm level plus 2. OR, maybe it is a new type of toggle-able program, that you can turn on or off, kicking programs into "overdrive".

I see the icon as one of those things that have electricity that arcs between two rods.

Ah yeah, that makes sense. Not sure it is passive though because if it's in the description, it's not in caps so maybe it's togglable. What I think I'm reading is: 

"--------- ---- + 1 firewall broken, + 1

PWR cost.

----------"

Even if I'm wrong, it sounds like a great idea for a program!

Ah yeah, that makes sense. Not sure it is passive though because if it's in the description, it's not in caps so maybe it's togglable. What I think I'm reading is: 

"--------- ---- + 1 firewall broken, + 1

PWR cost.

----------"

Even if I'm wrong, it sounds like a great idea for a program!

After a bit of squinting, I read it as:

Breaking +1 "Keyword" +1

-------------

-------------

One other idea: perhaps this is an "apply-able" program, something that you add onto a program.

Does anyone know where I can find those keywords in the code?

Cool, but why not some small-base-management DLC for Endless, to have roster of agents there to choose for next mission (and have a reasons to infiltrate cyberlabs at day 9) and mini-bar? Or bunch of reworked contracts/distress-signals to add spice to Endless? DLC fully dedicated to agency run at Endless?

and emm, Plastech's threats variety? 

Cool, but why not some small-base-management DLC for Endless, to have roster of agents there to choose for next mission (and have a reasons to infiltrate cyberlabs at day 9) and mini-bar? Or bunch of reworked contracts/distress-signals to add spice to Endless? DLC fully dedicated to agency run at Endless?

and emm, Plastech's threats variety? 

Plastech doesn't need more guards, the guards there are already terrifying.

Plastech doesn't need more guards, the guards there are already terrifying.

Did you know that if there will be more types of guard, there would be lesser chance for MKI to spawn? (I belive it's not a common guard and ultra-rare "50to1000" armored elites terrify you)
ie now when youl load Plastech you have something like: (rough example) common, common, MKI, MKI, MKI, camera
When with more variety you can have only one MKI in "elite slot", or two, or no at all (like with every elite unit at K&O)
It's not amount of guards on mission will be bigger (amount is constant), it's pool from what RNG takes persons to spawn, and now for Plastech's threat it is 50 Elites (armor+1, did you see them often?) and 1000 MKI.

Did you know that if there will be more types of guard, there would be lesser chance for MKI to spawn? (I belive it's not a common guard and ultra-rare "50to1000" armored elites terrify you)
ie now when youl load Plastech you have something like: (rough example) common, common, MKI, MKI, MKI, camera
When with more variety you can have only one MKI in "elite slot", or two, or no at all (like with every elite unit at K&O)
It's not amount of guards on mission will be bigger (amount is constant), it's pool from what RNG takes persons to spawn, and now for Plastech's threat it is 50 Elites (armor+1, did you see them often?) and 1000 MKI.

I operate under the assumption that new guards will be harder to deal with. For example, a MKII that recaptures in an area of 10, or recaptures more things.

I operate under the assumption that new guards will be harder to deal with. For example, a MKII that recaptures in an area of 10, or recaptures more things.

No, that would be lame, remember K&O guards, they have different perks. 

Of course there 2 armor guard which looks like upgrade to armor 1, but there also Spec-ops with enhanced optics and support, both without extra armor. I doubts that latter duo is harder to deal with, they just different. There's no reason to any new guards to copy existing ones too much.

I'm curious, will there be anything in the DLC to spice up late Endless runs (post-day 10)?

After that, you've pretty much done and seen everything the game has to throw at you.  It would be awesome to have some of the more unique missions start showing up post-Day 10.  : )

How did I not see this until now?

Klei, you guys are incredible.  This is already a game I enjoy more than I can express.  I can't thank you enough for your dedication and effort.  Just let me know when the DLC is offered for sale, and I'll be first in line.  :)

Draco looks interesting, PWR on body? Or maybe Credits (you don't need so much Lungs, right?)? An ability to kill KO guards? We will see! I am less thrilled by Rush, Nika is already quite mobile/aggressive but I'm sure Klei will be able to make something original enough.

HALT seems like the name of a program that would take something offline for a while forcing a reboot. But maybe that's too powerful considering that Dr. Xu basically has that ability and he actually needs to get close up to something to do it.

On second thought I guess it would be balanced since Dr.Xu's ability doesn't take up one of Incognita's valuable program slots.

Archived