Invisible Inc - Update 11 and the PEIA DLC teaser

Draco looks interesting, PWR on body? Or maybe Credits (you don't need so much Lungs, right?)? An ability to kill KO guards? We will see! I am less thrilled by Rush, Nika is already quite mobile/aggressive but I'm sure Klei will be able to make something original enough.

Maybe he does something really macabre like tear the faces away from downed guards and wears them to fool other guards into thinking he's one of them. (Like a faceless man. Sacrificing them to the many-faced god)

Or something simpler like harvesting PWR from them.

The first thing that came to mind was a mod for nuclear throne that made it so that you can pick up bodies and throw/use them as a melee weapon. But then again, that game is a twinstick shooter. Maybe not as fitting for a turnbased stealth game.

Few random shots:

Draco:

1) Booby trap - KO/Kill guards who approached corpse.

2) Carnage scene - guard who noticed corpse freezed in one place for 2 turns, very small angle of view.

3) Necrophilia - agent hide under body (like KO, but with release button).

Rush:

1) Dash - run add extra AP.

2) Run Lola Run - while running movement cost halved at each step after third for continuous movement.

3) Sprint - while running each second step in same direction line does not cost AP.

Hey himmatsj, this is just a small DLC for now. We don't have the price details yet.

These are just the two agents we've teased, there are more :)

So you saying the PEIA agents will be available for the current campaign? Essentially, they're available to choose from the pool of the 10 agents we currently already have?

I honestly do not see the value of such a DLC, unless it's free of course. Unless I'm missing something, that is.

This might be a little late at this stage since it's July already, but I would like to see some melee weapons for killing guards.  I know you can use the ranged weapons at pointblank range or for executing guards who are already unconscious but I'd love to see a lethal option that uses the Penetration Scanner agument to bypass armor.

Also - and this may just be me - but the Flurry Gun is a little useless in my opinion.  You get to use it only one turn per mission, it only bypasses 2 armor, and costs power on top all that (even though the description says infinite ammo).  If there's any balancing going on with the update and DLC, I'd humbly request a small change.  I'd say stick with it only being good for one turn, but either make it ignore ALL armor (including the crazy firewall armor that Omni Protectors have) or at least don't make it use power when shot.  As it is, whenever I find it on Security Dispatch missions, I sell it right away and buy myself a Hand Cannon.

Also - and this may just be me - but the Flurry Gun is a little useless in my opinion.  You get to use it only one turn per mission, it only bypasses 2 armor, and costs power on top all that (even though the description says infinite ammo).

And it is infinite ammo for one turn. Shoot a guard, then use a stim 3 or pass it to an agent that still has their attack ready and shoot another guard. I doubt they'll buff Flurry, they don't want to make killing guards convenient.

The flurry gun needs a nerf if anything. Free death as long as you have the power to handle it (not a problem with accelerators or server IIIs). And it's the only viable way to kill Omni soldiers.

I hope the DLC adds more corporations. Maybe a new campaign set in the past with all new missions. But that might be too greedy.

It's too late for asking, probably, but I'd like to didn't see Daemon Databases everywhere. Nice to have them sometimes, but looks like they spawn on every level and makes Daemon Sniffer, Decker's augment and Daemons themself obsolete. Facility Databases for example didn't spawns every mission.

Can databases be more rare? Or turned off in custom options?

Archived