Low drop rate Pig Skins?

sadux

Even though I am aware of the werepig exploit (if you can even call it an exploit), I still prefer to go on gigantic pig murder sprees to get my pigskins. Leaves the monster meat for my crock pot, and if I kill enough I'll summon a krampus and hopefully, one of these days, his sack will drop. With my luck though, I'll get a krampus sack the day before a major update that requires a new world to take effect.

What do you have with all those pig skins?

THEY ARE COMPLETE GARBAGE.

I wish they dropped meat 100% and chance to drop the skin,or just at least let us cook the skin or eat it.

I let pigs eat it from the ground.

No point otherwise..Except making a pig army out of your food source if thats possible.

Pig skins are not garbage. You need them to make football helmets and new pig houses. Silly brony.

This. With more pig skins, you can build more houses, and have an army of *lift pinky finger to mouth* ONE MILLION piggies. Eventually.

Although I'm happy with my 15 houses for now.

Garbage? Try invaluable: it's the only item in the game that allows you craft something that allows you to wear Armor AND have a Backpack equipped, giving you the best of both worlds (inventory space and damage reduction) at the same time!

What do you need the damn helm for?

Im at day 196 and i wear only snow hat or top hat!

Also i have about 100 pig houses put in line so i only fight one pig at time

They are garbage for me .

ALL I WANT IS SOME FOOD.

I cant build any more.

Rest was spent on 6 crock pots and 4 turbo farms and 2 fireplaces...And science machine.

Im outta rocks and its boring,restarting Soon prolly.The pigs make everything so easy.

Football helms are for cowards and/or those who cant fight.For fighting werepigs..well you just run till they decide to turn or get them stuck.But i mostly kill them before they turn.

However,pig skins are dropping like hell.Its shame 2/5 goes into garbage.

Incase i filled one chest with them

I often use the helmet when I go on my righteous spider extinction crusades... If you're going spear + logsuit offensive then you will take a couple of hits from jumping spider that are spawned by the Queen. Even more so if you're trying to kite 2 Queens at the same time. And though I agree it isn't really all that dangerous once you have 10+ meat effigies it is SO annoying going back and retrieving your stuff when you die. So I value pigskins over meat. I get ALL my meat from killing Tallbirds (I have 7 of them close by... thats 14 meat per day because they respawn PLUS eggs which are great if cooked.

A first world problem here but I really do hate the way spiders infest a map :(

What do you need the damn helm for?

Lowering damage you take? Pretty obvious

Also i have about 100 pig houses put in line so i only fight one pig at time

This is the exact reason that pigs spawn less often now, people like you were abusing the system and not playing the game right.

They are garbage for me .

ALL I WANT IS SOME FOOD.

Go out and find some in your world, thats what you use the football helmet for

Im outta rocks and its boring,restarting Soon prolly.The pigs make everything so easy.

Play the game properly so its fun, not the grinding way you are playing it and you may find it more fun

Football helms are for cowards and/or those who cant fight.

You are completely wrong here. The way you are playing the game is cowardly IMO. You are choosing to hole up with your meat Effigies and farms and not go exploring and not fight monsters. I challenge you to fight a tentacle 1 on 1 without any armor. As for those who can't fight, what are you on about? The new warrior spiders leap at you and don't take stuns. How else do you suggest mitigating that damage when you are fighting a spider nest? Ohh wait you wouldn't because you would be doing nothing with your pig houses everywhere complaining everything is so boring.

However,pig skins are dropping like hell.Its shame 2/5 goes into garbage.

Incase i filled one chest with them

Well as great as that is, I think the true drop rate is slightly lower. And I can't wait for when some form of food spoilage, expiry is introduced to make exploration a necessary thing and try and stop this hyper turtling that you are doing.

Urgh you have no idea how annoyed your post made me! :eek:

Edited by JesusTheFrog

My reply to your wall of text:

Grinding?Yeah, so I just make checklist of how much things are worth.

Also,if you cant find , in my words,it means you cant kite things at least a bit.

Did you ever clear a swamp WITHOUT getting hit?

I did.Not a large one ,but at least i tried and did it.

Im not holing up.

There isnt much to do.

Sigh,fine I admit , pig helmets are usefull,but i once ran out of food supply because of pig skins.

Tell me,can you kill all my pigs without any armor?

You probally wouldnt kill all of them.

But I can,Also,I'm using pigs because i burned my forest with the spider nests,and it caught on another isle from a flower patch.

Also , the hounds are insanely hard to deal with later on.

How can i explore?

So i can go out and kill the one tallbird?Or to just farm butterflies?My island is low on supply.

Because i was exploring but fire hounds came so and then,and yeah i wasnt quite prepared for them so i had to kill some.

And I already said,im restarting Soon.

But tell me,you cant kill leaping spider without armor?Or more of them?

You dont know tooth traps?Firedarts?

Panflutes?

Also im playing wolfgang,so i take more damage,

But I have only three effigies.Also about food spoiling,pig skins arent food.And im not stocking on meat.

Also , I used the helms too.But it kinda doesn't make up the challenge of killing stuff.

If i wanted to,i could slash the werepigs.With logsuit + Helm i bet you could take three treeguards on once.

If you want to use them,I'm just saying you cant kite.Or that you make mistakes.

Thats how i say that you cant fight .Yes i should have told that and that blah.

But note that i dont hyper turtle like you.I could allways make a mistake when fighting pigs,i already lost a effigy cause i let a pig hit me and then i died.If i had a logsuit + helm i could just charge them and slaughter them.

Fine,

Correction:Football helms are for those who cant kite perfectly / or turtles like you .

There.Now,stop complaining about not being able to kill something with power of your mind.

But tell me,you cant kill leaping spider without armor?Or more of them?

You dont know tooth traps?Firedarts?

Panflutes?

Also im playing wolfgang,so i take more damage,

But I have only three effigies.Also about food spoiling,pig skins arent food.And im not stocking on meat.

Also , I used the helms too.But it kinda doesn't make up the challenge of killing stuff.

If i wanted to,i could slash the werepigs.With logsuit + Helm i bet you could take three treeguards on once.

If you want to use them,I'm just saying you cant kite.Or that you make mistakes.

Thats how i say that you cant fight .Yes i should have told that and that blah.

But note that i dont hyper turtle like you.I could allways make a mistake when fighting pigs,i already lost a effigy cause i let a pig hit me and then i died.If i had a logsuit + helm i could just charge them and slaughter them.

Fine,

Correction:Football helms are for those who cant kite perfectly / or turtles like you .

There.Now,stop complaining about not being able to kill something with power of your mind.

I won't do the fancy broken up reply I did last time just a wall of text like you gave me. I can kite just fine, there but when you are at day 196 (I'm only on 183 but I don't think there is much difference(Strictly speaking it is 1hour and 44minutes)) The hounds when you get a big wave will push each other forwards so that you can't do 2 things,

have time to use your reed pipe, and time to us a sleeping dart without being chain hit down to death.

To combat the later waves of hounds you require the armor to turn around and hit once while dealing with the possible chain hits and the damage the hounds do.

Also I seem to be rather confused by what you are saying tbh, I mean I can kite I do it all the time, but when confronted with this,(pic below) how would you deal with it without armor equipped?post-3590-13764589943262_thumb.png

Now yes blah blah blah equip spider hat blah blah blah can be said but thats not a challenge or fun. With the leaping spiders you cannot hope to run in and kill a queen outright without armor, and that is the fun part.

I love that you call me a hyper turtle because I called you one, it is amusing, I mean I like my base I have set up, its cosy, but I don't sit there all day, I farm spider nests, waiting for them to turn into queens killing them because they are fun then repeating the process.

If there is nothing on your island because things are in short supply you lucked out on your world and you can look forward to the messed up spawns of the new map generation that I am avoiding.

So to correct you, I don't turtle what so ever at the moment. I don't know how you can possibly claim you don't when you have amassed an entire chest filled with pigskin without turtling.

Your last line made me laugh a little, the idea of bringing telekinesis into the game should be suggested to Kevin. Let me know when its implemented