Follow the Holiday Spirit and support the misunderstood Krampus

Seeing this:

Exactly. His role has already changed. He was originally a poorly-themed nerf on meat collection. He's now... kind of a weird easter egg thing that you can trigger if you want to. He's probably going to get reskinned and become just another creature (with a stealing behaviour).

If I got everything right the first time, we wouldn't have these hotfix threads!

made me worried. Krampus is easily my favorite character in the game so far and I don't want him to go away. Never knowing when exactly he will come and try and steal your stuff is great. Please don't let him get removed. Anyone else that likes him can make their voices heard. Save Krampus 2012 :D

When he was added to the game, i saw him a lot and i was angry because i was just killing some birds and rabbits, like an angel then i came back to my base and i saw 2 Krampus was destroying my base, i think they are awesome and Krampus makes the game more exciting coz you dont know when or where he will attack you, i think the nerf was stupid, i cant summon him now... Save him!

I completely agree. Krampus needs to be rebalanced, yes, but not this at all. I like the idea of being punished literally for killing innocent creatures. It's unique, and is a great way to break up bases (which the game desperately needs).

I think he should be harder to summon than he was before, but easier than he is now. Also make him more of a threat, like make him just want to steal your **** and then run away.

I've summoned krampus twice in the last two days unintentionally. One time while killing pigmen trying to get some pigskins for football helmets, and then later while farming red birds for feathers for some fire darts. I think he's fine the way he is, and I don't really think he should be messed with.

I'm pretty new to the game, but when I heard about this krampus thing, I thought the whole concept was pretty counter-intuitive. The name of the game is "Don't Starve". Hunting animals for food isn't a question of morality, but one of survival. Being good or bad is irrelevant, so I don't think there should be a punishment for successfully living. Maybe if there was a mechanic for dispatching an animal cruelly or without need, then sure, bring down the hammer. But punishing the player for not being a vegan seems pretty bizarre. Being an omnivore ISN'T an act of malice.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty new to the game, but when I heard about this krampus thing, I thought the whole concept was pretty counter-intuitive. The name of the game is "Don't Starve". Hunting animals for food isn't a question of morality, but one of survival. Being good or bad is irrelevant, so I don't think there should be a punishment for successfully living. Maybe if there was a mechanic for dispatching an animal cruelly or without need, then sure, bring down the hammer. But punishing the player for not being a vegan seems pretty bizarre. Being an omnivore ISN'T an act of malice.

- - - Updated - - -

The devs have commented on this weird psychological phenomenon where people hate Krampus because they feel like they are being judged. If they had made Krampus a deer-like protector of nature, people would not have this reaction.

The other reason of course is that he takes your loot. All gamers ever, even in perma-death games will die before they lose that +1 stick of poking.

I think Krampus should be more of a threat again. Maybe change how he spawns, or what he does/how he goes about doing it.

I personally think that Krampus should be very effective with his loot grabbing. But if you killed him you could get his Krampus sack (Which is repurposed in my idea) allowing you to warp to his horde (The sack would break after a round trip.). Full of useless junk, useful rare items, the loot he stole from you, and little demons... Lots of little demons.

...Well, I typed longer then intended...

The devs have commented on this weird psychological phenomenon where people hate Krampus because they feel like they are being judged. If they had made Krampus a deer-like protector of nature, people would not have this reaction.

The other reason of course is that he takes your loot. All gamers ever, even in perma-death games will die before they lose that +1 stick of poking.

I think Krampus should be more of a threat again. Maybe change how he spawns, or what he does/how he goes about doing it.

I personally think that Krampus should be very effective with his loot grabbing. But if you killed him you could get his Krampus sack (Which is repurposed in my idea) allowing you to warp to his horde (The sack would break after a round trip.). Full of useless junk, useful rare items, the loot he stole from you, and little demons... Lots of little demons.

...Well, I typed longer then intended...

Very nice idea. Maybe make a sub quest on the campaign where a horde of Krampi take most of your items and then you must go to their world and recover it all.

Is it just me, or has Krampus been nerfed again?...

I've been bullying a Pigmen tribe up north for a while now, killing at least 7 pigs every 3 days, and the only time I've seen Krampus show up at all was when I built some bird traps. Maybe he doesn't see killing pigs as naughty anymore?