Dragonfly battle strategy

I've been noticing a few people have been having trouble with the new dragonfly so I have been thinking of ways to deal with him and I think I found a way! Below you will find a guide to deal with the Dragonfly.

http://i.imgur.com/34sPMbw.jpg

First you need to find the dragonfly and put him to sleep. (preferably in an open area)

http://i.imgur.com/pyBIeeZ.jpg

Then you need to build a stone wall around him with a hole big enough to fit yourself through but not the dragonfly. When you are done building your wall give him a smack to wake him up. He might try to destroy the walls but hit him enough times and he will stop and focus on you again.

http://i.imgur.com/svJm8By.jpg

Now kite the Dragonfly, it can be a bit tricky but I manage to get 5-6 hits on him with enough time to dodge his swipes.

http://i.imgur.com/1d8NFt0.jpg

After awhile of kiting the Dragonfly he will try to go to the magma pools to spawn Lavae, but being trapped behind the walls he cannot spawn them making it so that you don't have to deal with the Lavae. The Dragonfly will never stop trying to get to the lava pools and will accept all the hits you give and will never fight back, you can even get pretty close to him (as pictured above) and he still wont do anything.

And after that just keep on hitting him until he dies simple as that! It will still take ages to defeat him but it's better than dealing with all those Lavae!

Oh, everybody should know by now that the best strategy is to put rabbit traps near the lava pools to catch the Larvaes and just throw a couple of waterballons at the dragonfly. Piece of cake my friends, piece of cake!

/jk

Nice strategy, and with the panflute being so easy to obtain, the dragonfly is a 100% easy kill.

While I was watching ClownBaby's stream a couple of days ago, during his first engagement with the dragonfly I was thinking how Wickerbottom's tentacle book would come in handy by spawning a bunch oh them near the lava pools. :grin:

This video is good :

Also a gr8 channel

This one only shows how to kill a regular dragonfly. That one actually was talking about the one that spawns around the magma pool (which I still have no idea of its prefab name..)

And now Seth will read this and then the dragonfly will be able to fly over the walls.   Or gain a collision callback for walls, to work them out.

D:

function MakeFlyingGiantCharacterPhysics(inst, mass, rad)    local phys = inst.entity:AddPhysics()    phys:SetMass(mass)    phys:SetCapsule(rad, 1)    phys:SetFriction(0)    phys:SetDamping(5)    phys:SetCollisionGroup(COLLISION.GIANTS)    phys:ClearCollisionMask()    phys:CollidesWith(COLLISION.WORLD)    --phys:CollidesWith(COLLISION.OBSTACLES)    phys:CollidesWith(COLLISION.CHARACTERS)    phys:CollidesWith(COLLISION.GIANTS)end

The dragonfly in DST is so ridiculously hard to kill, since it auto-targets the player, and moves faster than the ordinary player, and is able to hit you even if you're running away constantly. I fail to see how it's possible to kill without the panflute, gunpowder, and blowdarts, tbh. Just having it see you, even without knowing you're near its area is a death sentence.

The dragonfly in DST is so ridiculously hard to kill, since it auto-targets the player, and moves faster than the ordinary player, and is able to hit you even if you're running away constantly. I fail to see how it's possible to kill without the panflute, gunpowder, and blowdarts, tbh. Just having it see you, even without knowing you're near its area is a death sentence.

no necro pls

Archived