How do you prepare for bosses?

Odal

What do you do if the deer spawns when you are exploring? I went back to my base as fast as possible but then he just spawned in it and ruined my life. Killed every spider(even a queen) on defense and then me, twice. I don't know what I could have done better besides having more blowdarts, and pre-RoG I haven't really had issues with deerclops.

Deerclops - easy to kite. Helmet, armor, and melee. A ranged weapon is nice to aggro him away from my base

GMoose - easy to kite. Armor and melee.

Moslings - Still confused on how to handle them effectively. They kind of require ranged weapons or the weather pain to not get banged around a lot. Bee mines seem to work decently for hep

Firefly - can't kite well and feel cheap to get him stuck between boulders. Excellent armor, helmet, and melee. Preferably a endothermic fire, a road, and no flammables around. I like to carry 20 ashes too so that I can put him to sleep quickly and finish my preparations.

Bearger - easy to kite. Helmet, armor, and melee. Just have trouble with him not wrecking my base for food. 10 honey is nice to lead him away from non-renewables and then put him to sleep

Ancient Guardian - not good enough to dodge and land hits. End up tanking with marble armor and a shelmet.

I prefer not to use blowdarts, panflutes, sleeping darts, tooth traps, old bells, rocklobsters, or gunpowder because they make the fight so easy

So another world down the drain.  I guess I just have some mental block about dragonfly.  This is the first time I face him this world and am not really prepared to fight so I feed him 20 ashes.  He doesn't fall asleep but rather insists on following me everywhere.  It didn't matter how far or how fast.  I was using walking stick on a path and sure enough he was just off screen following me and burning everything down in his path.  I jumped through wormholes just to be greeted by him being right there next to me burning everything down.  I tried logging out and back in and he was still following me.  I even tried dying and reviving at my meat effigy just for him to still be there and he burnt my whole base down.  Ragequit...  I still don't get it 4 months later...

The two fire-pits trick no longer works.  Dragonfly was upgraded to allow him to fly over obstacles like that.

Wow I just accepted this as truth.  I just checked and this is wrong, he still gets stuck on fire pits.  Thank goodness!

Wow I just accepted this as truth.  I just checked and this is wrong, he still gets stuck on fire pits.  Thank goodness!

Really? I might try that. I have only fought him once (only made it to summer twice) and I had to panick flute to put him and the hounds to sleep. I actually had 14 gunpowder exactly so, it wasn't much of a fight.

Well I noticed Glommer flying right through any obstacle last time I played.

Yeah, but we're not trying to kill Glommer.

A note if you're trying to do this to take on Dragonfly: If you use the geometric placement mod like I do, it won't work while it's on.  The firepits need to be as close together as possible and the geometric placement mod puts them too far apart even at its closest point.

Scorpin.

Wubb wubb

That aside, I tend to melee all of them apart from the dragonfly. I'll hopefully have enough tree guards pacified to knock the living daylights out of him by that point.

If I ever struggle with the giants I either take them to the spider queen set piece I have in my map or simply the sea of beefalo that has swamped the savannah (too many metaphors?).

Log armour/dark armour, dark sword, football helmet and if I'm playing as Wendy, I'll have Abigail who helps to buy some time.

Wubb wubb

That aside, I tend to melee all of them apart from the dragonfly. I'll hopefully have enough tree guards pacified to knock the living daylights out of him by that point.

If I ever struggle with the giants I either take them to the spider queen set piece I have in my map or simply the sea of beefalo that has swamped the savannah (too many metaphors?).

Log armour/dark armour, dark sword, football helmet and if I'm playing as Wendy, I'll have Abigail who helps to buy some time.

Bearger + Beefalo = Bad Idea. He wiped out one entire heard of at least 20 beefalos in one beautifully performed powerslam that not even John Cena could dream of.

At least, it gave me all the wool that I would need since I've been postponing the shaving forever.

If you have enough warm clothing and you get Deerclops early in the game, it has often worked for me to lead him over to a heavily forested area and get him to chase you around, knocking over trees. This takes care of your wood needs and should eventually trigger a tree guard (or two) who will fight him. Even if he kills them first, they'll run his health down enough that you can probably take him down yourself.

Had the my first real Moose Goose fight.  Maybe I didn't hear it, but I'm not sure if there was a warning.  I'm playing Wes, so there was no verbal warning from him, but holy cow that Moose Goose showed up right at my base basically a couple of feet away from me.  It was a bit shocking to see such a huge thing spawn out of nowhere.

Anyways, hit him with a boomerang and dragged him over my tooth traps.  He basically slides across them - it looks kinda funny.  

Just need enough egg shells and nitre before dragonfly time.  I'm sick of that fool killing my worlds.  I used to think Nitre was a limited resource from rocks, but since my last dragonfly encounter I've learned the moleworm holes are good sources of nitre so I'll be able to be set for a while.

Archived